Page 144 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1465

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 144

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have decided that my feet and calves are my inflammation barometer. Really debilitating pain in both feet lately. So hard to get up and move as a result. Cooking meals is torture and taking a shower is really nasty - I'm almost in tears by the time I can sit down and take the weight off. I think that is the other side of the equation - I'm too heavy for my little feet. I have been in a miserable funk for waaaaayyyyy to long. Hubby and I were talking about doing a Whole 30 to get back on track. I had tried boosting my carb intake (far from high levels though) due to my thyroid stuff. All that happened was I gained all the weight back and I feel horrid. SO I am going to go back to low carb - but not VLC. I am still going to have an apple or piece of fruit everyday and the occasional bit of sweet potato. I am going to radically up my intake of greens and other veg and cut back a little on the protein - I think I am eating too much for my activity levels. I think it is just turning to sugar and then to fat on my overloaded bod.

I have started a Facebook page for my Etsy stuff - there was a bug that I couldn't figure out for ages, but eventually got it straightened out. I had my first sale as a result of publishing the page yesterday - my sentimental sister-in-law! We'll deliver it personally today Silly girl, paying for shipping when we live a short drive away. I am trying to get a bunch of painting done to prepare for Christmas. I want to have a lot of stock on hand and I can do it without hurting my feet Grateful for chairs today -lol
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member

Primal journal : Coll

I will go look for your page today coll!!! I didn't go on FB last night so haven't seen it yet. FB is a great way to get your stuff noticed! I'm working on some new bracelets...need to get pics taken when they are done & get them posted & up on etsy. Do a campaign when you are ready...that will give you lots of likes & more exposure. I need to do the same soon. Good luck! Here's hoping for a great fall/holiday season!

Sorry about your feet. I feel your pain.
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 08-06-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Coll...give a link to your FB page...I can't find it!! lol

PC, I am not too sure how to do links https://www.facebook.com/Livingpebbles?ref=hl I think that is it - that was a first I believe. Or else I forgot about the first and that makes that a first anyway Confusing enough for you? Lol.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I had the privilege of watching Pat Parelli do a free mini clinic this evening. For those who don't know he teaches a natural horsemanship method of training horses and relating to them. I have followed his stuff for ages and it was such a surprise and wonderful experience. And it was free Yeehaa!

The link worked fine!! Thanks!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    I had the privilege of watching Pat Parelli do a free mini clinic this evening. For those who don't know he teaches a natural horsemanship method of training horses and relating to them. I have followed his stuff for ages and it was such a surprise and wonderful experience. And it was free Yeehaa!
    That sounds amazing Coll.

It was awesome Annie! And DD got to chat to him in the middle of the demonstration as she knew the answer to a question he asked the crowd and he was very impressed. Only she and I knew the answer. But he rode over to the edge of the arena and sat on his horse looking up at her (she was in the front row!) and talking. I think it made a pretty big impression on her and she was over the moon about the whole experience. Watching someone riding their horse sans bridle and reins, even jumping and a fast canter and then a gorgeous sudden stop without any 'direction' from the bridle!! That's RIDING!

My feet are killing me at the moment. Looking forward to getting going on the 30 day reset. Going to do it according to Chris Kresser's Personal Paleo code. I am going to go the whole hog and treat it as if I have been officially diagnosed with an autoimmune condition. I scored borderline for the autoimmune test and just thought that it is worth leaving out some of the trigger foods for 30 days and then know for sure if they are issues when I gradually add them back in. DH is going to join me in this endeavor though I am not expecting him to do the autoimmune protocol too. I find it so helpful having someone to do it with! Very grateful that hubby is on board. He won't read up anything or initiate anything - he's too crazy busy keeping up with the business, but he is happy to follow my lead on the food side of things as he respects the amount of reading up I have done. I am blessed!

We had a lovely weekend. The landlords are away for a long weekend so we were able to get outside without being on alert - if you know what I mean. We spent the day burning up our brush pile from all the branches that have broken over the last year from snow and wind. It took all day to get it all burned and my feet were horribly sore as a result. But the yard looks so nice now that the pile is gone.

I had some trouble getting to sleep last night after seeing some appalling images of the children in Iraq that have been beheaded and the people crucified and a woman having her throat slit etc. So disturbing and horrifying to think that people can take delight in such abject evil ... the stuff of nightmares!!!! I ended up having to pray for some time to ease the burden and to get my mind onto a better topic. I still feel nauseated at the thought of what these poor people are going through and am wondering when aid is going to reach them. Already many have died from thirst ... waiting to hear news of countries going to their aid...

Feeling very grateful to live in a country where my family and I are not at risk of this kind of situation because of our belief. America has its issues, but at least we are free to worship as we choose.

I decided to wait until after this weekend to start the 30 day reset and Autoimmune Protocol. It is the annual family reunion and I don't think it is going to work trying to eat so carefully while travelling and surrounded by junk food. Not that I am planning on eating any crap - just not ready to try and exclude a number of foods that I can still eat.

Feeling very low today. I got to see my friend who is terminally ill for a few seconds on Skype, but the call quality was appalling and we lost the call and could never get it back. As far as I know that is my last chance to 'see' her .... shed some tears today. Just feeling worn out, so very sad and tired. And my very dear friend who has had back surgery is having so many hassles - they thought that she was reacting to the internal sutures - but today her mom found a bone fragment in her wound while irrigating and dressing it!! And can see more pieces deeper in ... the whole wound is breaking down and now we are wondering if she is going to have to go back in. Looks like somebody messed up! And this friend is also in South Africa - where I can't help out. Bummer. At least we can message each other on our phones - what a blessing!