Page 142 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1465

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 142

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Haven't heard anything about our offer - which obviously means they are busy with the other folk and they aren't interested in our offer. Irks me though when people don't bother to be polite and professional and at least call and let you know. I think we are going to go for being a back up offer in case something happens and the current buyers don't buy it. In the meantime we are looking - nada. I am struggling to figure out what to do right now. I'm partly packed and no where to go. Should I carry on packing, just pretend I never packed anything and carry on. I'm certainly not unpacking what is already packed! Feeling so tired at the moment - I am sure it is just emotional exhaustion.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    What a roller coaster, Coll. No wonder you feel exhausted. As for the packing, leave it done, you could pretend you're playing the packing party game

(that is an extreme decluttering activity that I just read about. You pack up absolutely everything from each room, cover it up and ONLY take out items as you use them, which you then put away in the room. At the end of certain time everything under the cover goes. Told you it was extreme.)

Lol Annie! That is extreme. I was trying to pack up the stuff that we don't need now like winter clothes and extra blankets - I think I may just carry on doing that at least.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Oh coll I m so sorry about the house! But maybe their financing will fall thru & you still will have a shot!! I'm a believer in the whole "if it's meant to be it'll be" thing. Doesn't make it any less frustrating tho!! I'm sending out positive vibes in your favor!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I am too PC. I know that if the house is supposed to be ours nothing will stop it from being ours. And if it isn't supposed to be - I don't want it!

RANT: I have a very dear friend, who in trying to encourage me, is very good at annoying me. I know she means well, I know she would be horrified to know that her attempts to relate don't go down well. Note to self - do NOT continually refer back to your own experiences when someone is going through a tough time. Especially if you have not been in the same circumstances! You DON'T know how they feel and it would be good if you would quit talking and just try to put yourself in that other persons shoes for a few minutes. Quit trying to fix it and just listen and understand that my journey is different from yours, our challenges are different, even when there are similarities. You haven't been back to your home country for 2 years - it isn't the same as 12 years and counting. Similar - but totally different! Same with the housing challenges - yes, you rented for 10 years and that has its own challenges that I am not discounting at all. BUT, it is not the same as actively house hunting on and off for 3 years. Seeing a house while driving by and being sad that you couldn't get it, is not the same as being under contract and losing house after house!! Being half packed for months with no end in sight is NOT the same as packing and moving. Anyway, I still love her, just needed to get that off my chest. RANT over!

Aren't rants good??!! lol. Sure helps to clear the negative ions out of the air!! . I was gonna suggest backing off from telling her much...but you mentioned she was a "dear" friend, so that won't help. Other than saying...yeah that's not the same over & over I guess there's not much you can do. She probably does mean well...& just wants to let you know that you are not alone in your struggles. Sometimes at stressful times we are hyper sensitive. I know I am!! Maybe that's the case. Or maybe not!! lol. I'm not a therapist, but I did sleep at a holiday inn express last night! (Not really...just my sad attempt at making you smile!!).

Hang in there girl!! The right house is waiting for you to find it!!

Letting off steam is definitely helpful - and it helped me see things more clearly. Thanks for the encouragement PC - I did smile indeed But, I also realize that I just need to edit my life with most of my friends. They don't understand me - though they think they do, and therefore there is nothing more to learn about me since they know it all. I find that when you are honest about how you are doing and talk about the challenges or struggles and don't make it all seem impossibly rosy, people tend to think you are a train wreck. I have my problems just the same as everyone else. But I also have strengths. Seems folk tend to not be able to see both in the same person.

I just heard that an old friend is terminally ill - such a blow! I had always anticipated seeing her again when I next made it back to SA. She is unable to work anymore and is home trying to enjoy the good days. She has cancer - riddled with it. So very sad to hear the terrible details of what she has been going through. And I am so far away ... can't see her again Feeling really sad. Thank God for whatsapp on my phone though! I am able to text her and exchange pictures for free across the miles and at least feel that I can say the things that matter before it is too late. And I also heard that another friend and her daughter are really struggling with their health - again in SA. It has been the day for bad news on that front!

5 Reasons to Swim In Natural Waters (as Much as Possible) Fascinating article about the benefits of swimming and especially in natural water. Well worth the read. I have to say that I grew up swimming in any pond, reservoir, lake etc that was around. It just seems a lot harder to find places to swim here in the USA that are not chlorinated swimming pools or a beach. The lakes here occasionally have a swimming area, but it is really small and you still have to watch out for fishing line and hooks. So weird ... why can't fishermen/women take their line home with them? It's not exactly bulky or heavy!

We are contemplating looking again at the 80 acre place that we never managed to get a contract on. They have had 2 contracts since our attempt to buy and we are wondering if they might be a bit more ready to negotiate. I am going to call the well company that was so helpful in our last failed attempt to purchase a home, as they offered free advice if we ended up looking at another place with a well. Before we think about any offer we want to see if we can afford to do the tests as the sellers stated last time round that they would not pay for testing.

We are looking to sell our suburban and we'll just keep our old truck. The suburban is starting to feel as though it is going to need some work soon and we are trying to cut back on expenses. We had originally purchased the suburban because we thought we were going to be transporting my parents too. No longer a need since they are in SA. The truck is old, but we have done a lot of work on it over the years and it seems to be in better shape overall. The downside is that it is only a 2 wheel drive - but if the weather is bad enough that I am not sure of getting around safely I will just have to stay home. Expecting heavy rains tomorrow - flash flood warnings all the way up and down the Front Range. I just mowed some of the lawn today. Incredible that I am mowing in July in Colorado! We have had rain almost every day for the last few weeks - usually we would be in the thick of fire season and everything would be brown and dusty. This year the grass is still growing - and fast enough that I can't keep up! Half the time it rains so I can't mow. Gorgeous weather - we are all LOVING it. I had started some new grass in some of the very bare spots in our backyard this spring. I really was bracing myself for trying to keep it alive long enough to get mature enough to be able to go dormant without dying. Well, it has filled in beautifully since the rain has been helping me out! Quite a thrill seeing green instead of bare, baked soil! The kids are delighted too as the yard is so much more barefoot friendly. The weeds are backing off a little and the grass is getting a real boost for a change.

We have a bear that is coming around pretty regularly now. A bit nerve racking even though they are such cool animals. The landlords lost another chicken to a dog the other day (they just don't learn from all these deaths!) and the dog ran off with the chicken and left it somewhere else. Lo and behold the bear finds it and brings it to eat in our backyard! How weird is that? There were feathers everywhere in the morning, and the fence was bent in half and crushed down by fatty's weight! I am sleeping with an ear open to any noises outside as I am concerned that the bear may decide to eat our pet chickens as an appetizer! Their coop is predator proof - except for bears! I have a pot ready at the back door in case I need to make noise - taking me back to my early days in Colorado when everything seemed to be trying to eat my chickens. The bear would sit outside the coop and lick its lips while trying to figure out where to get in. If it wasn't the bear it was raccoons or skunks - I was always running for the shotgun it seemed. The raccoon got stung on its rear with some pellets and got very nervous of me. The skunk that made it into the coop also made it across the rainbow bridge rather quickly.

Well, the storm is brewing and there is lightning and thunder. Going to shut things down and go get some shuteye.

Waiting on a call from our realtor to let us know that we can go and look at the 80 acre place again. I had a most informative conversation with the guy from the Well service so we feel confident about the options going into the whole thing again. Last time we looked at this place we had just signed the offer when we got a deluge of huge tax bills amongst other things and we had no room to negotiate. This time round we have learned a lot and feel that we might be better equipped to understand what we are seeing and to be able to make sound decisions about the issues. Taking deep breaths and trusting that God will close this door if needed, or fling it wide open and give us favor. Starting tomorrow I am going to start packing again. Just couldn't quite face it yet. But, I feel that tomorrow I can get going again and at least start packing up the things we don't need right now. We are having great fun with little M. The kids look forward to seeing him every Wednesday and Friday. It is a stretch, but so much great entertainment. And he knows us now and is excited and happy to see us. I just love those little baby snuggles. He'll burrow into my neck and wrap his tiny arms around it and hug me. So precious!

Keeping fingers & toes & whatever else crossed coll, that this will be "the one"!!