Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 14

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Coll --

Today is a good day. We get to start all fresh.

Sleep. Hmm! Neighbor forgot to turn her searchlight off, so I kept waking up. Need to hang up some cloth over the curtains. Easy to do. I just forget by nighttime.

So, what does music practice entail for you? You probably said somewhere:-)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    OK, much better day today! Wasn't really hungry and while I ate breakfast and dinner I probably could have gotten away with a fast after the amount I ate yesterday. But, I skipped lunch as we were travelling (car shopping again!) and didn't want to trigger my travelling and eating issues MUCH better this way, the rest of the family were munching away and I really wasn't upset by that. They all had healthy food - I just didn't need any. I took 1/3 cup of macadamias with me which I ate late afternoon on our way home.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, kippered herrings, big bowl of salad, black tea with cream and stevia
    Lunch: black tea with cream and stevia
    Snack: 1/3 cup of macadamias
    Dinner: 6 bantam fried eggs (equates to 2 large eggs LOL) 6 strips of thick bacon, big bowl of salad.

WE GOT A 'NEW' VEHICLE!! Bought a second hand, really nice condition, used SUV today. And a bonus plus is that I love the colour too - a deep red / burgundy colour. I was really hoping we could find something other than white - we have had a bunch of white vehicles so this is going to be fun! So now this South African who is very nervous of driving in the snow has 4 wheel drive for when it gets interesting We are set to go camping now too - as soon as the nights are warm enough that we won't freeze in our warm weather tent! Can't wait - we just adore camping and only went once last year. For whatever reason we just never did get around to camping in South Carolina. I think that with all the stress and nonsense going on it was just one too many things to cope with.

Rambling on as I am wont to do ... sorry!

Lopisheep - those search lights can be the pits! Did you get the cloth up for tonight? Music practice entails me blowing my heart out on my practice chanter (bagpipes) and trying to learn to march in time too. Just at the beginning stages of all this and there is so much for me to learn. It is so much fun though to look back and see where I am now. I have never learned to read music though I do have a good ear and play the harmonica by ear. Mess around on the guitar a little - but this is the first time I have really gotten 'stuck in' and I have been slaying the reading music dragon! I had an absolute block with regards to learning to read music and I am systematically persevering through one baby step at a time. I get overwhelmed and shut down at times but Hubby is very good at helping me with my rhythm questions (he is a really good drummer) I had a piper tell me to take my time learning the basics and to not let anyone push me into going too fast. Turns out he knows the piper who is my teacher and that is exactly what he tries to do with me all the time! I always feel like I am floundering out of my depth when I am being taught by him. So, my strategy is to go to a lesson, and then skip a few weeks while I practice on my own at home. I have an excellent tutorial book that hubby bought me and I just keep working my way through that bit by bit. Then, when I feel ready to face him I go to another lesson. If it wasn't free I probably wouldn't go to this guy - but there are some aspects of the bagpipes that are better taught in person, and it is so neat meeting a bunch of other pipers and getting to hear the band practicing!! Gets me so motivated to persevere when I am feeling stuck. There, that is my long answer to your short question
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    So cool about your car. I also have a burgundy red car -- although it's a bit hard to tell as it's really old and losing paint, but I love it!

Yes, bagpipes. I remember you mentioning them. That is so cool. I finally gave up on instruments as I just can't prioritize the practicing, which is, of course, sort of necessary. i am so glad you have the willpower. You'll have to play for us sometime:-)

My youngest grandson, Raphael, is spending the day, so I'm off to get things ready. He's five and a bookworm, so it's just a matter of my voice not giving out for 12 hours!

Not a great day - not terrible either. Just kind of blah ... then this evening realised that Aunt Flo is on my doorstep (no invitation either can you believe it!!?) with all her bags I suppose this is why I have been grazing like there is no tomorrow! Sigh, you just never know when she is going to come and mess with me.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, big bowl of salad, half a mug of leftover chicken soup. Black tea with milk, cream and stevia
    Lunch: Big salad from Wholefoods with chicken on
    Snack: date roll (!) raspberries with 2 pieces of dark chocolate and a little cream
    Dinner: BAS with 2 boiled eggs, half an avocado, 1 oz aged Welsh cheddar. Kombucha.

Been a long day and I just want my bed. I am tired of feeling like a bloated tick! I want to be lean and fit and healthy ... will it ever happen? I don't know - just have to keep on putting one foot in front of the other, keep on keeping on :/

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Been having internet trouble ... busy day.

I did skip breakfast - just wasn't hungry and I had a bit of an upset tummy last night and this morning. I have a feeling it was something in the salad I got from Wholefoods ... I had kefir at bedtime and when I got up this morning, and it seems to be fine now. I have to say that kefir never fails me when there is something gastric going on - I swear by the stuff!

Lunch was a couple of handfuls of baby carrots, some 'healthy' lunch meat. Black tea with cream and stevia.
    Dinner was burger patties wrapped in lettuce with cucumber, Dessert -rhubarb sauce with berries and whipped cream - yum.

I am tired and have been rather grumpy today. Aunt Flo is in fine form and my back is sore today. I have had a sore heel for at least 6 months now and it is worse again at the moment. It is not underneath but on the back and sides, really hurts a lot sometimes and the rest of the time hurts quite a bit but not so bad. I think the standing at the computer is probably irritating it a bit. But even when I wasn't standing it is still there and never gets better. Drives me crazy, when I get up during the night or in the morning it feels like my tendon is super tight and as if it wants to 'break'. Guess I need to get more ice packs on it again - I have slacked off with that lately.

I am sure it is hormonal - it is that time of the month with dear old aunt Flo visiting again. Just struggling with feeling a bit down and wondering when the effort is going to pay off? I have been so careful and when I think what I used to eat I don't really understand why the weight is no longer disappearing. I don't mind if it takes time but I do want to see some progress no matter how gradual. Oh well, just have to trust that the wrinkles will iron out in due course.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry you are feeling down. Don't worry, it will pass. My mantra as my kids are growing has been, 'it's just a phase, it's just a phase'. Sometimes I think I need to apply that to myself as well. If I'm feeling down, it is NOT forever, it will pass, it is just a phase!

Have you read about Siobhan experience with her plantar fascitis(sp?)? It might be interesting, in terms of your heel problem. A good excuse for complete rest next time you have a virus. Really let your immune system go to town on EVERYTHING!

Hope you have a great day today!

Thanks Sabine, yup, I keep telling myself "This too will pass". I am sure in a few days I will be feeling chipper and dandy. I was surprised to see that my weight is slightly down even though I am in the midst of Aunt Flo's visit. Usually I gain weight at that time of the month so a positive note this morning I will go and read Siobhan's experience with her plantar fasciitis ... I must say my back pain that has been a constant companion for many years is non existent now. I had hoped that it would overflow onto my heel too.

DH is home today - yippee! Not much time off with starting a new business and I miss having him around. He is my best friend and we really enjoy doing stuff together. We really hope that we will be able to farm as a family one day. That is what we are working towards with the present business... get it to where it is supporting us and we can save and then eventually sell it and immerse ourselves in sustainable living and healthy food growing etc

Heading outside to go and shovel dirt and dig in the garden FUN! And the weather seems to be nice and mild today so shouldn't overheat too quickly. Got to take it a little easier than normal as my neck is a bit strained - probably the big rock I carried the other day (should have put it in the wheelbarrow - silly me)

I am getting to where I can see muscles on my tummy again (have always been muscular - just covered in a layer of fat lately) and my arms are less flabby and my legs are more toned. Still too big but there is a huge difference in how my body feels. There is a good chunk of muscle lurking under the flab. And get this! I can hardly grab my belly roll anymore. It is MUCH smaller than it was when I started out. I actually have a waist again - you know where your shoulders and butt are wider than your middle

Breakfast: 2.5 fried eggs (lots of bantam eggs now) hamburger patty, black tea with cream and stevia
    Lunch: fritata, onion, mushroom, spinach, garlic and burger and cheese on top - yum
    Dinner: 2 hamburger patties, 1/2 cucumber

Been very busy outside today. Got about a quarter of the backyard filled in with soil, seeded and covered with hay and then watered. Also relocated some rocks and stones. Practiced on my chanter today - so hard to find time to practice, but I desperately want to learn to play the bagpipes so I somehow manage to find a little time here and there. Problem is it is so loud that I can't practice at night or early in the morning when I have time and no-one wanting anything from me. I need a little sound proof box that I can park next to the 'river/ irrigation ditch and play to my heart's content.

Going to hit the sack - pooped! Nighty night ladies all!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Coll, thanks for stopping by my journal. I hope my PF story helps you. Heel/foot problems are so frustrating - CW medicine usually doesn't have a good treatment, and we have to WALK on our problems. If you do get a chance to get off your feet for awhile, be sure to get the foot up as much as you can - if you can lie in bed and prop it up on a pillow, that would be great. You already know about the ice - you might also try alternating ice and heat. I don't know how you feel about anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen but for me that always works best. Even if it is not PF, you might benefit from a passive stretch - if you don't have a boot, you can wrap it in an ace bandage to keep it flexed. Anyway, good luck and I will be interested to know if you get any relief.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Coll, the thing I thought most interesting about Siobhan's PF experience was not just the rest, but the rest occurring at a time when her immune system was already working on battling a virus. Completely unscientific, i know, but I was wondering if since her body was already in 'fixup' mode, it assisted the rest in some way. You can't really time fighting a virus, but i would be interested to see the results if you are able to really rest your foot the next time you have one. Just a thought.