Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1465

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 139

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ohhhhhh I love it!!!! How warm & cozy looking!!! I'm so excited for you!! I want to see lots of winter pics!!! lol
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    A fireplace just makes it perfect. Ok. So when do you move in? You are ready, I know.

Just thinking. With a half acre, you could do goat milk. Just making sure you won't have any extra free time. And then there is goat cheese
    Last edited by lopisheep; 07-10-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'd hate to see the mole!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You got the cabin! Congratulations!! So exciting for you it looks absolutely wonderful. Wishing you all the best with your move x

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yup, Lopisheep! We are hoping to get a couple of Nigerian dwarf goats in the spring from friends who own this breed. And I am going to contact a guy who hatches the breeds of chickens I want and see if he'll be willing to do me an order about a month after we move (need time to build a predator proof coop first!) I have a feeling we may see mountain lions here too, as well as the usual black bears, coyotes, foxes, 'coons etc. etc. We will probably end up investing in some electric fencing to protect the birds, goats and the beehive. All very high on various animals desirables lists!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Annie, we still have a few weeks and some stuff to be sure of before we sign the papers. But for now it seems promising

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

The kids and I spent some hours going through their school desks and consolidating everything into a 2 draw filing cabinet. I am not sure how I am going to squeeze all the school stuff in!! Trying to be creative. I bought some large CD cases that I have been filling with all our DVD's and CD's - funny how weird it is throwing away the cases for the cd's and dvd's! There is a part of me that is horrified - as if I am committing some kind of sacrilege ... what is that all about!? Funny the things we discover about ourselves at times like this.

It is a real stretch looking after my friends little boy while trying to get ready to move. He is crawling everywhere now and my house is a zoo - I am having to barricade the living room to keep him out of trouble, but he also requires quite a bit of attention. He is constantly on the move and I need to watch him like a hawk as he is suddenly trying to cruise the furniture too and is still very wobbly on his pins. We all love having M over - and I know that his mom really needs me to do this, just a bit tough in some ways. It is fun being around a wee one again though. He is such a sweetheart and it melts my heart when he is happy to see the kids and I. Hoping he's in a good mood tomorrow

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hoping friend's little boy went happily home and you can get some rest while getting ready to move. Bet your itsies are having fun getting ready. They are so cute. Saw a picture your husband took of the three of you

If I didn't love real books so much, I might suggest a kindle for your cabin. But I do, so I won't. Have a super day as you simplify.

Lopisheep that is funny! I can't part with my real books, I just love the low tech reading. My eyes get tired with a screen, plus if the power goes out I can still read. We are going to make the wall of our room out of bookshelves so that we can keep our book friends. My dream is to one day have a house that has a library!! Like those old fashioned houses from so long ago - complete with deep squishy armchairs, window seats and a sliding ladder to reach all the books that are stacked up to the ceilings

I am however going to cut back on books that I have read and have no desire to read again. Some books just aren't worth keeping around. Others, like my Louis L'Amour's, Zane Grey's and a myriad of others will stay with me as long as I can make it work. Got desks, loveseat, and kids scooters on craigslist - waiting for buyers. We've sold a number of things already - I hope this sale goes through or I am going to be looking for some replacements!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Me too!!! I have kindle on my iPad....but there is nothing like holding a "real" book & turning the pages!!!! I have boxes & boxes of books!! Just can't get rid of them. I have a place in the living room that I want hubby to build me a bookcase! Floor to ceiling! Maybe one of these days he'll get around to it. It still won't be big enough but it'll be a start! On Pinterest I have a board with nothing but kewl looking in home libraries!!! Just so I can dream big! lol
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!