Page 13 of 146 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 13

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Pretty good day overall (a bit grumpy for a while but got over it)

Breakfast: Omlette with mince stew and a little cheese - yum! Black tea with milk and cream and stevia
    Lunch: hamburger patty and 1/2 cup of applesauce with little dollop of cream, black tea with cream and milk and stevia
    Dinner: 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, fritata with brocolli, cauliflower, onion and garlic, and a little cheese, 1 cup strawberries and cream.

I have been on my feet all day except for about 15 minutes this afternoon for a quick break, meals and my music practice. I shovelled and moved 2 1/2 wheelbarrows (8 cu ft) full of soil. My hands get sore from moving the heavy wheelbarrow so that is my limit at the moment. I am sure I'll get some callouses before long and then will get more loads. Pretty good workout nonetheless. I spent quite a bit of time on the computer doing my Irish language course - so I did 40 squats to break the standing up a little. Feels good. No pullups today, but feel good anyway.

I know I should be grateful for this place we are renting but there are times I get so frustrated. My folks are living in SC waiting for us to get settled in a place that will accomodate them too. We saw each other over Christmas but it is a long way away. They are not getting any younger and really do need a bit of help, they moved to the USA to be with us and now they are stuck in SC waiting for our business to get off the ground enough that the bank will loan us money to buy property ....

Anyway, I know it will all work out in the end - just the process that isn't much fun sometimes. I am tired and going to head for bed. Sleep well ladies! I do love reading all your journals - I just don't have enough time in my day to keep up! I have to get better at prioritizing my life as the things that are important get set aside for the interesting. I have to get some of the basics in place and then add the extras, so not good at this!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Rereading parts of your journal. Looking good. For some reason, it made me want black tea with cream and honey. Haven't had it for years as black tea is one of those migraine triggers I try to avoid, but it sure sounds good.

So, how's the Irish course going? Sounds like fun. I just tried to pick up a couple old and new languages, but dang, I'll just have to stick with German and English and knitting now, as it's crazy trying to keep up with stuff.

If I could just get this food thing figured out. Had a craving for bacon this a.m. (meat generally causes gag reflex for me lately). Hmm! Should I be brave. I could get some tomorrow!

Love hearing about your gardening, chicken runs, etc. You are so lucky to even have a truck. Someday, I might have one, but my old old Volvo is running well -- my husband has made a specialty of fixing them -- thus kids and we all have Volvos and don't have to pay sky high Volvo repair bills. He keeps them going. We've transported tons of sheep and goats in mine:-)

Lopisheep, maybe your body is in the mood for something meaty. Go with the flow and get the best bacon you can tomorrow! I used to just adore my tea with honey. But I have adjusted to the stevia and as a result I no longer get a heatwave after drinking my tea. I also used to get the most awful stomach cramps if I had more than one cup - no longer an issue

I have only done the first lesson. Pretty awesome, I am a sucker for languages! Took me a few shots to start to get used to the spelling that is married to the sounds. I was learning Welsh recently (until the computer and Rosetta stone took exception to working together- grrr) and it took a bit of adjustment to remember that this sound or the other is totally different in Irish Total blast though.

We are truck people - hubby was a carpenter for many years and we are always carting something big and bulky. Went through a season of helping everyone and their aunty to move. I had to laugh at the picture of the Volvo with goats and sheep on board! Do you have any pictures? Awesome! I had a friend who used to cart haybales in her Volvo's trunk

Today, pretty good. Sleeping better and longer which helps sssssooooo much! I headed out for a stint in the nasty garden out front. Got the last of the yucca plants out and the remnants of grass (except for one patch that is all woven through the irises that are about to flower) I have about a fifth of the garden to do a final turn over on. I really went for it today - but after a while I just ran out of steam and started to feel horrid. It was pretty hot (for me anyway... about 86 F) and I just had to head inside after a couple of hours. Was glad I had to get to school with the kids And I was so glad for airconditioning too!

Breakfast: beef burger patty, apple, black tea with milk, cream and stevia
    Snack: Macadamia nuts - 1/4 cup
    Lunch: 2 sausages, baby carrots - about 3 oz, black tea with milk, cream and stevia
    Dinner: 2 burger patties wrapped in big juicy cabbage leaves with ketchup and mustard. The ketchup is organic but does have some sugar in Just a convenience thing - felt like a change of taste and it was nice. It may have been about a tablespoon... over both burgers. Applesauce (4 oz) with cream for dessert - yum

Lots of walking today. In and out of house to deal with sprinkler, chickens, dog and all manner of daily stuff. Dog caught a dove this evening and ended up having dove for dinner - no getting a bird away from her once she has it. Not good but am also not going to risk getting chomped to rescue a dead bird. Am going to start getting ready for bed so that I don't have to deal with my B.U.T. issues tomorrow. I feel so much better if I sleep well, so I am going to make the underlying truth one that puts sleep in the place of priority it should have. If you are wondering about the B.U.T. look at Sabine's journal - I think it is a great tool for seeing your choices in a more realistic light and thereafter being able to make better choices! Love it!
    Last edited by Coll; 04-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

That is funny. I did my first read of this post quickly and thought you had had the dove for dinner! Very primal dog. Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense to them if you say "drop it."

Yep, we used to fill Volvo up with hay too. Once we had a llama in it! Horses don't fit though:-) It seemed so normal that I'm sure we don't have pictures.

86 is way too hot. 80 is max. It just shouldn't get any hotter than that, IMHO.

Do your parents speak Irish or Welsh Gaelic? Noticed you'd said they'd move to U.S., so thinking maybe they might. Oh, you are going to have so much fun with it -- reading and listening to music and watching Gaelic movies. Pretty exciting. Were you born here?

Actually I am from South Africa. My parents are first generation South Africans - I had a Welsh grandfather, and then two English grandparents and one South African grandparent. My husband is of Irish/Italian extraction. We are interested in going to explore over in the UK and would love to be able to speak to the locals. Would love to try and find some of our relatives too - how fun if we could converse in their own language. I love the Gaelic music and would love to understand the words. Hadn't thought of Gaelic movies - mmm that sounds fun! I moved to the USA in '98... and I love it here - but I really miss my homeland too. So different and it has been 9 years since I was able to go 'home' and visit. I try not to think about it too much or I get really sad. No point torturing myself, so instead I try to enjoy each day that I can enjoy getting outside and not having to worry about being attacked by some criminal and having to lock up all the security doors and burglar bars on all the windows, razor wire everywhere, always looking over your shoulder - I don't miss those parts. I miss the scenery, the smells of the land, the bird calls that are unique to SA, the food and customs that are near to my heart.

If you're ever in the mood and it doesn't make you sad, I'd love to hear about the scenery, smells, birds, foods, and customs of South Africa that are dear to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Actually I am from South Africa. My parents are first generation South Africans - I had a Welsh grandfather, and then two English grandparents and one South African grandparent. My husband is of Irish/Italian extraction. We are interested in going to explore over in the UK and would love to be able to speak to the locals. Would love to try and find some of our relatives too - how fun if we could converse in their own language. I love the Gaelic music and would love to understand the words. Hadn't thought of Gaelic movies - mmm that sounds fun! I moved to the USA in '98... and I love it here - but I really miss my homeland too. So different and it has been 9 years since I was able to go 'home' and visit. I try not to think about it too much or I get really sad. No point torturing myself, so instead I try to enjoy each day that I can enjoy getting outside and not having to worry about being attacked by some criminal and having to lock up all the security doors and burglar bars on all the windows, razor wire everywhere, always looking over your shoulder - I don't miss those parts. I miss the scenery, the smells of the land, the bird calls that are unique to SA, the food and customs that are near to my heart.

Thanks Lopisheep! I am too tired to stand at the computer for long this evening the 'downside' of standing all day at the computer is that I am pooped by the evening and really need to get off my feet! I will share some of my favourite parts of South Africa sometime when I am emotionally up for it. Today just thinking about it sent me off on a tangent and I ate the most I have for a while. Pathetic how easily I can slip... but I think also that I have been working really hard physically and now spend most of the day on my feet either standing or walking, with short breaks and I think that is all adding up now. I am feeling pretty good even though I am really tired now.

Took me forever to get to sleep last night - even after I took a Melatonin! Grrr - thought I would fall asleep right away and instead woke up more and more as the time went by. I was tired enough to feel like I might puke just before dinner! Better now. Did more digging up of rocks today, carried rocks around, carted a couple wheelbarrows of stones, watered the yard, moved chickens around, school with kids, cooking, laundry, music practice, walked the dog numerous times, more laundry ... whew, long day!

Breakfast: burger patty with 2 fried eggs, apple, black tea with milk and cream and stevia
    Lunch: Italian sausage, macadamia nuts, carrots, black tea with milk and cream and stevia
    Dinner: Date roll while I cooked, 3 pieces of dark chocolate, breakfast sausages (about 8), steamed artichoke dipped in garlic butter, bowl of strawberries, blackberries, 1/3 banana and cream! Talk about feasting today!! I feel pleasantly stuffed this evening - probably gained a good bit after that!

Funny, I can go for days not feeling very hungry and then all of a sudden I get really munchy. I really need to get over this stupid cycle! You'd swear I was wanting to gain weight the way I ate today! I know the tiredness is a definite trigger for me and then the kids asked me to cut them each a piece of their chocolate Easter bunny. Of course there were crumbs that couldn't be thrown away or wiped up ... I carefully picked up each tiny morsel and ate them. Needless to say that was a BAD idea - I started to get all my old desires for Rolo's, and there are some (kids) lurking in the house. I had to talk to myself sternly and remind myself how I felt when I was bingeing on chocolates! Not going there again. The kids have only one piece left and then we are almost done with the 'unhealthy' chocolate. After this lot is finished I am going to work on getting the kids used to some of the good stuff. I need to not put the bad stuff near my mouth - it is a siren song once it touches my lips! Back to work tomorrow - hopefully I will get a good nights sleep under my belt too.

Sleep well and sweet dreams

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    STAY AWAY FROM THE BUNNEH! Bunny is evil! It's got sticky paws that try to hang on to you. Sep away! Just pretend the crumbs are poison (like how the floor used to be lava )

I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping again. Hopefully, you had a good night sleep last night (funny, you go to bed around the same time I get out )

86 is way too hot! Send some over to us! We're still freezing here.. well, not literaly, but it's cold!
    This morning was balmy and that was 48 degrees.. How about you send us 15 degrees? nice weather for you, nice weather for us!

Have you tried entering your food in a calculator already? I'm wondering whether your carbs may be higher than 100/day (and if you aim to lose weight without going ketotonic, you should be between 50-100) and that that's why you are stalling.

Have a great day!

Yup! That bunny is EVIL indeed! I slept like a log last night I would be delighted to share some of our unseasonably warm weather with you Shamia! This is a crazy spring! Super early and much warmer than usual - just like our winter. (not early but too warm and dry) I have been entering my food in a calculator and usually I am below or at 50 g of carbs. Yesterday I was up at 70g ... According to the calculator my caloric intake is less than my output - but I know that is not everything and it is hard to put down everything I do to have an accurate representation of my activities. But I am picking activities that are at least close to what I am doing. Of course yesterday my caloric intake was HIGH! 2587 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So back to being sensible today and only eating what I need. I think that amount of calories is going to set me back again

I am thinking I need to up my veggies a lot and decrease my fats a little. I would also like to increase my protein somehow - I have a hard time getting my protein intake high enough and that may also be playing a part. It has been rather busy and disorganised lately and I have not been doing as many veg especially the leafy greens and I am starting to crave them.

I can feel substantially more and harder muscles in my legs esp. and it feels great. I am a bit stiff today from the rocks I was lugging around. Am going to head out in a minute to do a little more work on the garden partially to ease out some of the kinks.

Actually I just realised that I didn't add in the bowl of berries, banana and cream to my food calculator yesterday - I don't even want to know where that put my intake! And I have remembered a piece of cheese (0.6 oz) and some more macadamias and and and....... enough about yesterday and on to today ok?!