Page 128 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1488

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 128

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Stressing about the accommodation side of things - trying very hard not to. It seems that everytime we look at houses they are more expensive and there is less in our price range. We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here. DH says we are looking for a turd to polish! Kind of puts it in a nutshell ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

We decided to get ready for a yard sale - part of the preparing to move thing. Plus it will definitely help us be more comfortable in the rental while we wait for the house to show up. I just sat down for a late lunch and some tea and then I have to attack the kids desks. Somewhat overwhelming tasks since they have been used as dump sites for a loooonng time. I am going to try to condense everything into a two draw filing cabinet, one draw for each kid. We'll see how it goes. Lots of moving slowly today - my heel is grumpy as a result. Maybe I should take some of my own advice and do some thorough massaging this evening. And tomorrow! And maybe even the next day. Today I reached 228lbs. My all time high so far. Trying to just keep focus on drinking water, sleeping early and well, eating primal and moving. I am doing those things - I guess the next step is to start counting calories again .... sigh.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I need to do that too, I am horrible about drinking water. I should be named 'Koala.'

The house situation must be very trying - it seems that for the longest time it is feast or famine in the housing market. It's either crazy nuts or nothing is moving at all. Am hoping the perfect situation opens up for you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan! I just make myself keep on looking and hoping that there will be something that shows up that will work for us.

Yesterday DH bought me a bicycle on clearance at Walmart! I know that the bike people will probably blanch in shock - but we can't afford a 'nice' bike. I really like this one though! It is a cruiser with pedal brakes and no gears. The handle bars are really wide and come up high so I can sit up straight while riding - it really feels so much more comfortable for me. The day before we had taken our first bike ride as a family (fantastic!!) and my wrists were really hurting after the ride as the angle on the old bike's handlebars really don't work for me at all. I am loving this bike riding thing ... the kids have suddenly taking to biking and we realized that they had seriously outgrown their bikes! I took the kids today and we did school under a tree next to the river and lake! And it was amazing how fast they finished their work - I think I may just have to do this regularly! We saw a big bull snake yesterday and there was a lady that stopped us today warning us of a large snake that just crossed the path. It has been really warm the last couple days (actually yesterday was hot - 86F is hot in my books!!! YUK!) TOday was supposed to be almost as hot, but it is cloudy and cool ( about 57F) and I am loving it! So, I am happy with moving more and am thoroughly enjoying the cycling. It is a definite workout for this very out of shape gal - especially with no gears to baby me along!

I was disturbed to notice that I had a lot of oedema around my ankles last night ... pitting oedema. I assumed it was because of spending a number of hours driving around with DH yesterday afternoon. But, it was still there this morning. Much improved but still there. Wondering what this means ... should I worry or should I just do a detox. I'll see if it settles down - otherwise I guess I'll be seeing the doc.

It was so beautiful at the lake/river today. So many trees are blooming and the lake was still as a mirror. The river is running pretty high already and there is a LOT of snow that hasn't even started to melt. Thinking we may have floods this spring again. The river is totally different after the floods and our favourite haunts are no longer there. Kind of sad. I guess we'll just have to make some new ones.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    As you are a nurse I am sure you know that if you experience shortness of breath you need to go to the hospital, right? Have you taken your pulse?

Biking is the bomb!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yup, my pulse rate is the same as always, pretty low. No other symptoms that I have noticed ... we did eat at The Egg and I yesterday for lunch. I wonder if it is somehow tied in with something in the meal. I had a meal that did not have any flour in it, but there is no knowing what else goes in as far as fats and salts and seasonings. But I didn't have any gastric or intestinal repercussions so I had assumed that all was ok with the meal. The first time I have eaten out in months ...

I have to say that my legs are tired this afternoon. I had to run to the bank and do errands this afternoon - so happy to be home. The kids and I are going to watch a movie and I'm going to continue the crochet project I have going (a blanket for DS).

DH got home and wanted to bike to the lake/river too so we all went again. I did a little adjusting on my seat height and now I am really happy. I was very quick to tire yesterday and yet today I did double the distance and feel fine. Not that my legs don't feel like they had a workout - they do. What a lovely feeling though! My butt is going to require a while to adjust to sitting on a bike seat though The bike I got is really big - I feel like I am back in my childhood borrowing another kids big bike! Once I am up and going it is soooo comfortable, but when I am stopped the handlebars are up at about chest height. I am sure it looks funny but I am having a lot of fun with this. DH and I were saying that you just can't help smiling on a bike like that. The wheels are 29" with fat tires so it makes for a pretty comfy ride. I feel so free with the wind blowing through my hair and smelling all the divine scents of spring. There are blossoms everywhere and a lot of the trees are covered with a soft veil of new green. I felt so liberated cycling next to the river - patches of cool air and then warm, every few yards there is another scent that rushes by and fills you with joy and delight. All of a sudden I am not tied down to walking everywhere - the kids can ride and now a whole new season opens up. Lovely! I can see I am going to get a lot fitter - the kids can't wait to go for a ride and there is a nice long bike trail right outside our door ... one direction goes to the river/lake and the other way takes you to other parts of the river. I have never seen where the trail ends so we are going to find out as time goes by.

The kids are begging to do their math at the lake again I think we will go ahead and do it .... strike while the iron is hot. I still have some pitting oedema today I am feeling the same as ever with nothing unusual, just if I press into my lower shins/ ankle area the dent remains for a while. Definitely retaining water ... what the h$%@?! For today I am going to make an effort to drink a whole bunch more water than I have been - I know that I am way behind on that. Maybe it will help to flush a bit. We'll see if that helps at all. I had a cup of honeybush tea with some honey in, but aside from that I am going to go without any honey or snack bar or anything else high carb. I am also going to up my veggie intake today ... I have lost about 3 lbs in the last few days. Lets see if I can unload this extra fluid now.

We have been so enjoying our bikes. The weather has not been working with us the last couple of days so no school at the lake. I have been full steam ahead helping DD get a book that she wrote, edited, in time for the end of year oral presentations tomorrow afternoon. It has been fun working with DD and brainstorming on sections that weren't working quite as well as they could. I am really proud of her - 11 years old and she has written a book and illustrated it!! I know for a fact that I never dreamed of doing such a thing at her age. I didn't believe I could... I find it inspiring seeing her enjoy it so much. It has been a long project and she has stuck to it. DS thoroughly enjoys the story (he's 8) and laughs at the funny spots. He's heard it lots of times and still enjoys it. Very cute.

I have been realizing lately that I have become a real whiner. I think all the stress over a long period of time and my incorrect way of dealing with it have been unsettlingly good at dragging me into the victim mentality that my parents live in. I REALLLY don't want to go down that road. It is hard to find the balance. We have a lot of friends who 'never' have a bad day and will never admit to struggling. It makes it impossible to really get to know each other. But, while I want to be real and honest, I want to still be grateful for the multiple blessings that I enjoy every day. I am going to make an effort to be thankful for a handful of things every day. So, today, I am grateful for:- my precious family - my veggie garden - my dry house that has heat and air conditioning -the beautiful birds that have obligingly built their nests where I can enjoy watching them raise their chicks - a bicycle that I can ride on a very nicely maintained bike path to a beautiful lake and river that is free to any and all!

Despite M's fussiness on Wednesday I am looking forward to watching him again tomorrow morning. He'll be arriving just before 8 am He is so precious and it is so much fun watching my kids enjoying him. They are fascinated with his little hands and feet and love to make him smile. It is good for them to be around him - they haven't had access to a little one and they are learning how to hold him. DS was telling DH how it is hard to know how tight to hold him. "I know he's really fragile, but he is also so strong and can wriggle free and then he could do a face plant!!" I have very sweet kids I must say.

I just baked a primal chocolate cake for the end of year homeschool thing tomorrow. I'll have to do the frosting tomorrow morning - hopefully M is in a good mood and will be content while I complete the cake I really wanted to take something that the kids can enjoy, without worrying about how they will feel after eating it. Everything there has to be nut free, since some of the kids have nut allergies. This cake is a coconut flour cake which will work for those kids too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am wondering if I am having a problem with the potato starch. I can't think what else might be an issue. I don't usually eat much potato but have been having 2 tablespoons morning and evening every day for quite a while now. Lately I am noticing that I have a LOT of bloating (look 9 months pregnant!) with a lot of gas (never been an issue for me previously) and the constant pitting oedema in my lower legs. I think I am going to try a different resistant starch and see if that makes any difference at all. My skin has flared up for a while now too and my hair is miserably dry and breaking still. It just seems that there is something going on that we haven't touched on yet. I think I am going to try just eating green bananas with my probiotic for a while and see what happens.
    Last edited by Coll; 05-09-2014 at 07:17 PM.