Page 122 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1420

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 122

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Siobhan, tangents are welcome

I have been reading Chris Kresser's book Your Personal Paleo code - I am very hopeful that I might find the key to my missing link in here. Just going to finish off some of the food that is already prepared that doesn't fit the Reset and then will start doing that. I am hoping that DH will join me - it can take him a while to get his head around what is required, but he is usually willing to join me in these endeavours - good man that he is! I have asked him to please read the book too so that we are on the same page all the way through.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Well, surprise! I reread the label on one of my supplements and discovered in tiny writing below all the other things it didn't have in it, that it has wheat in it. Not sure how I missed that! BUT that explains some of the upset stomach issues!!! I have chucked those out and have ordered some more that is really and truly allergen free! Honestly, I am an avid label reader and somehow I missed that ... so glad I found it though.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Coll, so glad to hear from you! Another one that sneaks in is SOY. I was horrified to find my Vit D3 had soybean oil in it. It was hidden away in tiny print somewhere. You can bet I was extra careful when I bought new supplements. Soy has never agreed with me, even when I was CW I knew soy was not good for me.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It is incredible how such a tiny amount of wheat had me feeling so bad! Just reinforces to me how I really am sensitive to it! I have not had any of those supplements for a couple of days and it is amazing the difference I feel already ... creepy how that stuff sneaks in through the most unexpected avenues. Yup, I am really careful of soy - though I do ok with tamari once in a while that is the ONLY kind that we have and as I said I am a paranoid label reader ... it still sneaks through once in a while!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    ... creepy how that stuff sneaks in through the most unexpected avenues. Yup, I am really careful of soy - though I do ok with tamari once in a while that is the ONLY kind that we have and as I said I am a paranoid label reader ... it still sneaks through once in a while!
    That is so true!! I have to be more careful with soy I think. I have always been a bit sensitive...but oh how I love Chinese food!! . Re: sneaking in...I've read that folks who have Celiac's have to be so careful of cross contamination. I wonder sometimes if some of us with sensativities should be more careful & treat ourselves as a celiac patient. And when we eat out you just never know what they are doing back in the kitchen!

So have you been painting any cute little rocks? I've been working away creating things for my sis in law to take with her this weekend to a huge antique show/flea market she's doing about 2 hrs from us. Hope some things sell, I could use the money! I need to pay for my booth for a show I'm doing next month.

Well I hope your weather is becoming more springlike! Ours is, thank goodness!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I think you're right PC, it really doesn't take much to upset my system. That's why we almost never eat out at restaurants - I never know what sneaks in to my meal in the sauces and seasonings. It just isn't worth the repercussions - plus I can eat a REALLY nice meal at home for the price of an average meal at a restaurant. Not that I don't wish I could have the convenience and treat of a meal that I didn't prepare sometimes .... but there are worse things in life to worry about.

I have spread grass seed over a large bare patch in our back yard ... the problem is the darn wind keeps on blowing the straw away and I have my doubts how much of this is going to actually stick around long enough to grow. I have a hard time getting too excited about it though as the landlord does not expect it (he was happy with a completely trashed backyard with very little ground cover when we moved in) - it is more that I feel I should make a little bit of an effort as it is so much nicer for the kids to play on ... of course hopefully we won't be here much longer. BUT, we thought that last year and look where we still are ... better to go for it and at least I know we are leaving this d$@*&n place better than we found it. It is not exactly my emotional preference - that would probably be ugly. But I am choosing to overcome my nasty side and pretend that I am the landlord and I will appreciate the improvement. As it is the yard is probably 80% under grass compared to when we moved in - it is also semi smooth (no holes to break your ankle in anymore). I have started cleaning curtains and blinds in preparation for moving - keeping my hope alive.

DH very kindly made me two lovely spice racks yesterday, so now I have about 18" more counter space - nice! He also put up a shelf in the laundry which is going to be most helpful when I get to tidying the laundry again. The kids and I piled into the suburban this afternoon to go to the bank and foraging, the battery was totally dead The hatch back doesn't always latch properly and this was one of those times - sigh. I have to say that I wasn't totally devastated as I was feeling rather tired and unmotivated anyway. We all came back inside and I spent the time painting some rocks instead. I am making just enough through my Etsy shop to cover my costs which is pretty nice. And the more I practice the better I get and eventually the more I can charge for my rocks. It is a slow process and lots of learning along the way - but it is also a lot of fun. I have just completed a crocheted blanket - what fun. And DH thinks I should try to sell some of those on Etsy too ... we'll see how that goes. I first want to do one for DS and get some more experience crocheting.

That same thing happened with my old car - the trunk didn't latch one night and I came out to a dead battery. What a pain that was. Glad you were going somewhere you didn't really want to go!

Great the Etsy shop is working out and it sounds really fun. Yes, you should sell crocheted blankets! I'm sure your learning curve is jet-propelled. Me, I can knit just fine but crochet had me flummoxed. Of course I could learn if I put my mind to it but I am not so motivated.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I can knit Siobhan, but not particularly well - I never learned the right way to hold the needles and yarn so it is a laborious process. The crochet is just so fast and seems simpler (with the simple stitches that is!!)I am happy to have this blanket as I have wanted one like this for the longest time and now at last I have one to snuggle under for naps or movies with hubby (there is room to share too)

DSCN8960.jpg

That is so pretty! I think crocheting is faster. It is so rewarding when things come together really quickly.

That's right Siobhan, it makes you want to work on something when it grows fast