Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1495

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 115

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love collages and dreamboards. I have a great one that I put up over the washing machine. It gives me a boost every time I do laundry.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, that's an idea Sabine. Aside from old magazines where do you get the pictures? I have very few old magazines after all our recent moves....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

OK, new day, new start! Today is a down day after 3 bingey up days! Taking control again after the tail spin and picking myself up. What counts is the decisions I make now/ today. I am going to fast until this evening and depending on how I feel I will either fast right through to tomorrow or I will eat a meal within my caloric parameters.

DS was miserable last night again but the meds worked better and I only had to get up every few hours and then we would sleep until the next dose was needed. He is very chirpy this morning and singing in the bathroom right now It was really cold last night at 3F, but I had the duvet to myself with DH away so rolled myself up like a burrito and I ended up waking VERY toasty and warm this morning. The wind has changed and within an hour the temp has gone up to 43F. I foresee a quick snow melt and lovely day Definitely a walk in my future today! I'll just bundle the kiddos up if necessary - we all need outside time!

Off to make myself some hot herbal tea ...

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Coll...I hope your son gets better soon. I can't seem to shake the crud I've had since the day after Christmas! Not fun. It's always doubly hard on moms when the little ones are sick...you hear every whimper...every breath they practically take! I call it mom hearing. lol. Hope you don't come down with what he has too! Take care!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lol, PCajun, my DH is always astounded at my 'radar' he calls it. Mom's have a very strong 6th sense when it comes to their loved ones! DS is waaaaayyy better today - snotty but feeling pretty good, no fever. I am feeling pretty good too now, hopefully we are over the danger zone.

Today is a down day after three up days. Getting back on track again and feeling better for it. I weighed in at 216.8 lbs this morning. I do believe Aunt Flo is lurking around the corner and I did have 3 days of enthusiastic eating too. Hopefully tonight I will get to sleep through without having to get up at all. I know the lack of decent sleep also messes with my weight. I am not particularly concerned as I do see why my weight is where it is.

I am headed for the painting corner this afternoon. Hopefully I can get a few rocks closer to completion this afternoon.

Our library sells old, donated magazines for 10 cents. Maybe yours does something similar. Also, used book stores often have old National Geographics for a pittance.

Mmm, I'll check the library, even craigslist now that I think of it THanks.

I actually stuck to my guns today and kept under my 411 calories though I was sorely tempted at a few points during the day - most notably breakfast when the kids were eating leftover breakfast sausage and I REALLY wanted some. Instead I set a few aside for tomorrow - and my appetite grumpily obeyed, lol.

Heard today that oldest BIL is in ICU with bad pneumonia and heart issues. He's been in hospital since Monday, but it is a tiny hospital with one doctor and really is pretty useless if you are really ill. They transported him to the nearest big hospital by ambulance last night. He's needing CPAP to cope - another BIL was taking his living will to the hospital today. Please pray for him and DH's family. DH is in Florida at a training conference for his business and they are waiting to hear how things go. DH has already lost one brother and was rather shook up by the news. He is the youngest of a really large family and has probably got a lot of saying goodbye ahead of him. A lot of his siblings are not in the best of health and are fully into CW. I do wish I could get into better shape so that I could be a better advertisement for this WOL... maybe I'll make better decisions more frequently and see an improvement.

Kids are in bed and hopefully will be asleep soon. Coyotes are yipping and barking outside and our pooch is refusing to go outside to do her business. I can't say I blame her ... that is such an eerie sound especially when it is so close. I'll go out with her later and be her guard dog! I wish there was more snow on the ground so that I could go out in the morning and 'read' the news from the night before. I love trying to figure out the stories by what tracks I can find. The little bunny hops that suddenly convert to gigantic leaps and swerves with fox tracks flying long in its wake - through the fence and safe, oops, the fox scaled the fence and they're off again in a life and death sprint ... fascinating and rather sobering sometimes. Just glad our birds are in predator proof (barring something like a bear) coops. And this time of the year I don't have to worry about bears which is nice. I don't fancy meeting one after dark when closing the birds up!!!

I am looking forward to my up day tomorrow. Plan for tomorrow is to eat until comfortable, but only at mealtimes. Snacking is a definite downfall for me and I need to rein it in. If I keep any 'treats' to mealtimes after I am satiated with the good stuff then hopefully I will do less and maybe even not want the goodies I have been eyeing. Thinking of making some primal goodies for the kids tomorrow and then I get a taste too. I am very reluctant to bake things that are going to be too tempting. Maybe once I am on a roll and have a habit of self discipline I can try that. Right now, that would be planning to fail!

I am trying a new style of painting just to see if I like it - someone else's take. Eventually I am going to find my own groove but for now it helps to try methods that others have tried and perfected. Then I can take the bits that I like and that work for what I am looking for and leave the rest. It is all a learning curve still...

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Coll...sorry to hear about your BIL...good thoughts going out to him & the family.

I have a tendency to be a snacker too. Mostly for me in the afternoon. I rarely eat anything after supper tho. I find that if I have enough protein for breakfast then I'm usually ok for the rest of the day, the snack attacks are usually few & far between. Since I'm trying to get over the crud I have not been very primal...but then I haven't felt like eating much.

Do you paint in oils or acrylics? I started out doing Tole painting, in oils. Then moved on to folk art painting in acrylics. I love the oils & tole painting because it's a little more realistic...I love the folk art & acrylics for the more whimsical things. I lean towards the acrylics nowadays...they dry so much faster. I haven't Tole painted in years. The things that will go up in my Etsy shop will be done in acrylics.

Hope your weather has improved. Ours has. After a couple of days of icy conditions (so unusual for the gulf coast!) today is going to be nice...in the 60's. This has been one weird winter!!

Have a great day!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Well, I didn't do well with avoiding snacks today though I did keep them to a lower than usual level. I am feeling as bloated as a 9 months pregnant woman! I wish Aunt Flo would arrive and get it over with! She can be so annoying!

I only know acrylics - I have only been painting for just over a year, never touched it before lol! I am going to have to look up the Tole painting. I have been using mostly outdoor acrylics which work very nicely for the whimsical side of things but I am seeing that I may need to branch out a little more for the more realistic side of things as the glossy surface does not take washes at all. Not good for trying to get more depth and realism I am seeing And the whimsical owls just don't seem to sell on Etsy for some reason - I think they are a very tangible piece of art. Much better in person when you can feel the cool weight and get a better perspective. The photos really don't do them justice most of the time. Oh well.... I am looking forward to seeing some of your paintings PCajun!

Our weather was just gorgeous yesterday and today. Late 50's and sunny - we got out both days as the kids are pretty much over their cold barring a few coughs and sniffles. We hung out at the river for a while this afternoon - long enough that I couldn't finish running my errands before heading home to make dinner. Fortunately I had some chili frozen that just needed reheating and some salad leftover from yesterday.

I was reading the ingredients (I thought I had done so - but not properly anyway) on the Nut Thin crackers. To my dismay they have safflower oil in them I had about 1 serving at lunch and I feel as though I have swallowed enough gas to float a balloon! I am going to have to quit buying those and start making my own. Bummer - I thought I had found a reasonable 'convenience' food. No way Jose!

Down day tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to it so I can unload the bloat! Gracious me - I wish I had a release valve to relieve the pressure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Gracious me - I wish I had a release valve to relieve the pressure.
    That's what Down Days are!