Page 108 of 142 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1413

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 108

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lol Siobhan, no socks - thus a blister on top of one of my toes this morning! (I am sure from the chill!) It is VERY cold today - our low was 7F and supposed to be even colder tonight. No flip flops today Definitely brrrr! The one chicken's water was frozen solid this morning - we need to insulate her door too ... but in the meantime DH moved the heat lamp to right next to the waterer. DD is 11 today - amazing how the time has flown. I was looking at some photos of her when she was tiny - what a munchkin she was.

9980610-R2-029-13.jpg
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sooo cold - 2F right now and dropping steadily! Ice all up our windows - good thing I have a thick head of hair or I would need to wear a beanie to bed tonight!! Our bed only fits in the room under our window - which is single pane glass. Makes for pretty patterns on the windows, but impossible to see out without getting the ice scraper

DSCN7962.jpg

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh Coll your little dd was so cute. I hope she had a great birthday.

Those windows are unbelievable - you stay warm!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a sweetie.

And...brrr!

She was adorable wasn't she?! We were fine last night and our birds made it ok too. Their water was one big iceblock this morning - easily remedied. The one bird is not impressed that she is closed up in the dark, comparatively warm coop - much complaining going on.

My cake for DD's birthday turned out way better than before -but I whipped the frosting too much and it suddenly went solid and I had to slice it out of the pan and lay in on the cake! Not the prettiest cake - but very tasty. We had primal pizza for dinner per her request. We decided to forgo the pepperoni as the last time we had pepperoni we were all SOOOOOOO thirsty all night long and DS had a stomach ache too. I had tracked down a natural version but there was still something in there that did not agree with us! So we did sausage this time for the meat and all was well. I will have to look around at Wholefoods and see if they have a nice pepperoni that will not affect us so strongly! The kids want pizza for the birthday party on the 21st and it would be nice to have pepperoni as one of the options....

Two days and lots to do before the craft fair. Not going to have much time on here until that is done.

I have completed my piece de resistance (ha ha ha) for the craft fair. The significance of this rock is that it is one that was uncovered by the recent floods and I wanted to make something that would be lasting as a way to remember all the heartache that affected and is affecting so many people as a result of it. Emperor penguin and chick on a +/- 10 lb rock. Good primal workout painting this I might add

DSCN7971.jpg

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's fantastic, Coll!

Thanks Sabine I had to take it in small stages as my hand/arm would start to shake from holding and turning it as I painted. DH made the stand for me which I love too ... I think it finishes it off nicely. Wish me luck for the craft fair Saturday Sabine/ everyone!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Brrrrr cold! What a little sweetie -they grow up so fast.

Sounds like you literally had buttercream frosting. Yum! My mum, who grew up in Scotland during WWII and experienced great deprivation, said that on the very rare occasions when they had cake with frosting they would eat the cake and scrape off the frosting and put it on bread. It seemed a waste to them eat the cake AND the frosting together.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I love the story of the frosting Siobhan. My kids split the cake between them. DS eats the cake and DD eats the frosting And they are both happy - funny kids.

I am pleased to say that the craft fair went well despite frigid temps on the day. It took a long time for people to start arriving, and we wondered if anyone would come. But we ended up making double what we did last year which was encouraging and a lot of folk took my business cards and I hope that some people might actually buy some bits off my Etsy shop.

The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had a blast peddling their wares to other stall holders near the end. Even DS which is amazing - he is so shy he will not interact with strangers. But seeing his sister coming back with money every time she went out with cards got him interested enough that he headed out with her and made some too. I am also thrilled that one of the homeschool mom's invited us to try tennis lessons with a bunch of other homeschoolers around the same ages as my kids. I have been wanting to get them in some kind of sport but they are really not the type that will enjoy the rougher sports (not yet anyway) and I think this might be a great way for them to start out. Plus it would be a way to meet other kids which is always a need for us.

Today we may reach 32F which I am thrilled about. I would love to go for a walk but DS is fighting off a cold ... bit of a broken night as a result but the homeopathics are definitely helping. I have them both watching a movie right now - works great for distracting him from the sore throat and stuffy nose.

I'll be seeing the doc on Friday to go over my blood tests - I'm hoping we can work something out that is going to be helpful. I noticed that rice definitely bloats the heck out of me. No more! We are going to get going on the Autoimmune protocol/ whole 30 once Christmas is over. I am not going to fool around with trying that right in the midst of our busiest month of the year.