Page 107 of 142 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1412

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 107

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lol Siobhan, that got me wondering too. I think what you have to do is go to your account and there is an option for purchases and reviews ... the reviews are open after a certain date after your purchase and then it expires (I think) Hope that is helpful.

I seem to have off loaded some of the bloat that was going on for a while. Down to 217.2lbs this morning. Still very large, but at least I don't have that ghastly bloated balloon feeling! I am delighted to say that the lotion I got for my feet is helping a lot. My feet were covered in cracks that bled and big chunks of skin peeling off and standing up, shudder! Now, while I have cracks they are not nearly as deep as they were, not painful at all, and the skin chunks are much calmer and no longer standing at attention and hooking on everything. They say to use it for at least 2 weeks, but it is less than that and still a remarkable improvement. What a relief!

This next month is just crazy busy. From Thanksgiving on is full - both of the kids have their birthdays in December which just amps up the craziness. I still haven't done the birthday shopping and Christmas shopping. Trying to figure out how much to spend this year. We have had so many vehicle expenses these last few months!! We had to take my vehicle in as the water pump went out and then there were a whole bunch of 'little' things like hoses and belts and new tires and brakes and... and... and... it is crazy how much we have spent on the vehicles! Supposed to be saving to ship my folks good to SA, but it is just not going to happen at the moment. We are also needing to save up for a move in the spring - hopefully to our own place but either way the landlord has told us that we need to be out by May because they are going to be getting rid of the trailer we live it to pretty up the place. Typical old trailer it really is an eye sore ... don't blame them really. I just hate how much we have to pay to live in this POS though ... it just seems wrong. Oh well, it was our choice and at least it is in a beautiful area. The housing market here is just crazy though ... I wonder what we are going to find eventually when we are able to buy. Certainly nothing in town - even a place that needs tons of work is over $200 000. I know that is nothing if you are from a place like California, but we moved from SC where the property prices are waaaaayyyy lower and it is rather disheartening looking at these houses and seeing what you get for your money!

We are in time crunch mode for the craft fair now ... I have loads of half painted rocks that are begging for attention ... it just feels as though everything conspires to keep me away from them though! No more custom orders until after the craft fair! I think part of the problem is that I am not only doing my rocks but helping both of the kids with their offerings as there is a good portion that they can't do or can't do unsupervised. Just not quite ready to let DD loose on the guillotine style paper cutter and DS can't melt chocolate on his own etc. etc. Hopefully DD will be able to most of the rest of the cards on her own once all the chopping is done ... DS is just too young to have some independent craft skill. So it is kind of Mommy's craft fair with both hands in every 'pie' that is presented.

I have a day of running around mailing and grocery shopping etc I have a big pot of chicken stock/ soup on the stove. I don't know why but sleeping with the smell of food cooking just is hard for me. Whenever I cook up a pot of stock and it simmers away for a day or so it wakes me up all night long. DS has climbed into bed with us two nights in a row now after having bad dreams. The first night wasn't too bad but last night he kept following me and lying right against me with knees either in my back or stomach! Doesn't make for a very restful night I must say. He slept great of course

We have our truck up for sale and aside from some idiot that offered a ridiculously low price without even seeing it we have had no interest. Part of me hopes that no-one buys it as it is so useful and we use it all the time. With a move coming up in the spring it will be so helpful to have. I just dread finding out how much the landlord wants to charge us for keeping it though ... we are hoping that if we offer to park it around behind a large pine tree that he might let us get away without paying for it. I guess we'll see if it doesn't sell by the end of the month ....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I ate a bar of chocolate yesterday evening and half a bar before breakfast this morning (only because DH had eaten the other half) What is wrong with me!!!?? I am so bloated this morning that I can barely button my pants Time to find those big girl panties that I seem to have mislaid and get myself on track again.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate does call to one, doesn't it? It is like nature's perfect food.

I found out how to post a review! You are right, go to 'My Account' and it has a section 'Purchases and Reviews.'
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks so much Siobhan for the glowing review. I really appreciate you taking the time - it just takes my shop to the next level.

You are very welcome, it is all true and you will be a great success!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, tracked down my big girl pants and wore them today No chocolate and the kids and I went for a walk again. Two days in a row - that is pretty good going considering how it has been lately! The lake and river where we always used to walk is closed to public access since the flood washed the road away. I have been seriously bummed as we just love hanging out there and it is so easy to go for a walk there. Well, I noticed the other day that the water level in the river has dropped enough that the kids and I can just drop under the bridge and enjoy the river there Happy dance! I don't know if there is any reason why we should not be there and I figure we are not doing any harm, it is just outside the State Park and is not private land (it is under water when the river is high...) It is fun throwing rocks and finding bits of drift wood to toss in and watch it float downstream. Both the kids got wet today - fortunately not much as it the water is icy and while it was quite warm (about 58F I think) it is certainly not good weather for getting a soak. Discovered holes in DS rubber boots so those are not going on any more trips to the river!

I am waiting for news on my blood tests - hoping they'll come through early next week, though what with Thanksgiving it may delay things on the doc side of things. Whatever - just keep working on my issues that I know need working on.

Something that has improved a lot is my sleep. I was having such a hard time getting to sleep for ages and now, while I am still taking 1 mg melatonin every night, I am sleeping pretty well and am waking up much earlier and getting up much earlier. before I was absolutely dragging myself out of bed so this is a happy improvement. I know that the biggest part of that is due to getting to bed earlier. Heaven knows why that can be so hard - I spent most of my life going to bed really early and waking up early. Then I got married and it all went to hell in a hand basket!

I have a new owl that I am going to take to the craft fair ... it will go on etsy if it doesn't sell at the fair. I am pleased with it - though I have not yet gotten close to what I really want them to look like. All a journey - just like the road to health. Every step is worth taking when the goal is so awesome.

DSCN7958.jpg

We are thrilled - through connections we have landed up getting a really nice big play set for our kids for FREE! It cost $1500 +/- a few years ago when they bought it!!! Our kids are so excited - we have to figure out how on earth we are going to move it and when. I wish we had our own place so we could just move it directly there instead of relocating it to our rental and then in a few months time to our (hopefully) new place.

I loaded up on all kinds of lovely looking veg this evening. I also picked up some dolma's at the olive bar as well as some yummy olives. Strangely I looked at the chocolates and they just didn't sound like what I want or need. I figure out a dolma and some olives is a much better idea.

Burgers and odds and ends for dinner. We had leftover roast lamb and roast veggies for a brunch. I fry up slices in butter until browned and just scrumptious. I have been very busy making cards out of a bunch of my photographs and copies of DD's drawings, and I am pleased with how they have turned out. Very simple, but I think they look nice. Dh loves them - he is always so encouraging, which is so helpful when you are trying out new things. He is always complimenting me and even when I am feeling at my worst he is always there cheering me on and singing my praises. I have been feeling awful about my appearance and he has not even moved a whisker. He continues to tell me how much he loves me and appreciates me. What a gem! I feel so blessed and grateful. It is hard enough seeing myself in the mirror and feeling how tight my clothes are and yet he still loves me. Good stuff.

We keep looking at homes and waiting and hoping for everything to come together for us. Not a nibble on our truck and our time is up for getting rid of it. DH is going to talk to the landlord tomorrow and see if they will be satisfied if we hide the truck behind a tree so that they don't have to see it. (it is all about how things look for them - its their place I can't say anything about that) We are hoping they will let us do so without charging us more. If they are going to charge us much we'll just have to try and find somewhere to keep it - not sure where though. We don't know anyone who has space for our vehicle. And honestly, we use it all the time and with a move coming up we are going to need it. The landlord has been by about twice a day since the holiday started trying to offload his girls for me to watch. My kids really don't want to play as the nasty child is home - it is really awkward. I just hate that he will not even call ahead to check if it would be ok, he just arrives on the doorstep and the kids try to barge in. I wonder what he thinks, on second thoughts I really don't care. I just want to be done with living here! We had to call them on Thanksgiving day because their chickens were resisting all attempts to chase them away and I was getting very irritated. At least they came right away and put them away ... but why wait for me to call. Sorry about the whining but this is a place where I can whinge for a bit and then move on.

Very busy week, Craft fair on Saturday with loads to do before then. DD birthday tomorrow and I am realizing I have to make a cake and not sure about the ingredients on hand. We have a major storm system about to go through so have been stocking up on water, propane, batteries and food in case of power outages. We had ridiculous wind yesterday - gust up to 75mph! We were having to work outside in it and when we eventually got back indoors it was a relief.

I spent most of the day outside and in rapidly dropping temps this afternoon. I was wearing flip flops because my heel is so painful when there is any pressure on it at all. I would pop back inside for a few minutes to warm my tootsies up and then head out to carry on. We are expecting really cold weather for the next week or so and I needed to winterize the one bird's coop. It is more for SC type winters and has two large windows that take up almost the entire wall on each side. As you can imagine this makes for very cold temps inside it. I am sick of having to melt the ice every few hours in the winter so I made insulating panels (very fancy name for something very hill billyish ) out of cardboard and trash bags and duck tape. Then I screwed these on over the windows and at the back over the thin section. It looks pretty funny but I am thinking it has to be tons warmer in there now. DH also put weather stripping on the door for her and made a cover for her entrance that is insulated. Insulation really isn't an issue when you have a bunch of chickens as they snuggle together and also put out a lot of body heat. This is a single solitary little bantam with no buddies ... so we have to go the route of heat lamp and insulation. I also gathered the remaining plants in planters and put them in a sheltered spot next to the house and then covered them all with straw. Hopefully this will keep them from getting too cold and they'll all be perky come spring time.

I didn't get any painting done today - and this evening I have to wrap gifts and what not. Sigh. I also feel as though I am getting some kind of sinus thing as I have one of those headaches that are bad when you bend over or cough ... will take raw garlic with dinner and see where that gets me.

Brrrrrrrr, I hope you were wearing socks with your flip flops! I was smiling as I was reading about your winterizing as I have been doing some such in my own home, although I am trying to make it look okay as I have to look at it all of the time, never mind the landlord! I have been pretty successful as you have been also.

Have you tried the paleo/primal bread with cinnamon and nutmeg? I was reading somewhere that it is good for breakfast with almond butter. Maybe the kiddos will like it?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Coll, I think I got the review through the system. Can you let me know?