Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1452

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 104

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am willing to do special requests, but haven't tried cats yet.... I could try some cutesy ones, but the realistic ones are not in my scope yet I'm working on some bigger projects like a 10 lb emperor penguin and chick, a barn owl face etc. at the moment as well as a bunch of others all in various stages of completion. Hoping to get a significant amount of painting done this weekend - been itching to paint for days and days, but have been so busy setting up the etsy shop that painting has had to wait. Plus getting school done has been quite the effort this week - some weeks are just heavy going. Especially after having been away camping for the weekend, then the kids REALLY don't want to work. Ah well, hopefully next week will be better and I can actually paint while they happily work (ha ha, living in cloud cuckoo land I know!)

I am too tired to do anything this evening except maybe read a book for half an hour this evening. Hoping to get to bed nice and early and sleep long and hard. I went shopping this afternoon for a couple pairs of jeans. I have gained enough weight that nothing fits except a few very worn and thin pants and I need something more substantial for the cold weather that is showing up. Depressing having to buy something bigger But hopefully I will get all this thyroid and adrenal fatigue stuff sorted out and see my body settling into a healthier mode again. I just started taking Vit K2 to complement my Vit D2 and hope that this will be helpful too. On a good note, my skin lesions are waaaaayyyy better than they have been for a very, very long time. I think starting tomorrow I need to really get going with tracking my macros again.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to be one of those people who gets into something and then starts recommending it to everyone, but have you considered Alternate Day Fasting? I was reading through your aches and pains, and it seemed a lot of them might be helped with reduction of inflammation, which ADF is shown to improve.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

I got the owl Idid because it was one of the realistic ones, which I, personally, love. Lizards would be awesome, too.

I don't think ADF is going to work with the thyroid issues at present. I was doing IF and between the low carb and IF I think it pushed me over the edge as far as my thyroid goes Otherwise, I would do it - I have watched you and your results and have thought about it, but I need to get my thyroid going again. Thanks for the idea though Sabine. I do have classic signs and symptoms of inflammation, arthritic big toe joint, tendonitis, auto immune stuff etc, but I think that as my hormones settle that stuff will improve too.

Owls/ raptors are my favourites and I, myself, prefer realistic looking critters. I am hoping to add in some turtles and maybe lizards, frogs, possibly a skunk or a raccoon - but I will always be doing the owls. Just enjoy them.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    If you get a chance, try to listen to Christa Orrechio's thyroid presentation. I will let you know if it is available again. I think it will be because it was really popular. I hope so because I want to listen to it again myself.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I would love to listen to that presentation - all part of educating myself. I have been reading a bunch of Chris Kresser's stuff, some really good information there too.

Almost finished painting the emperor penguin and chick, my biggest project yet. Challenging and fun... I am hoping to use the rock painting to finance an industrial sewing machine for sewing leather ... we'll see if that happens huh?! Fun to try anyway and the process is a blast.

DH is in the throes of making his first braintanned buckskin! The kids are out there helping stir the skin in the lime solution Pretty exciting - I can see there will be a lot of claims on the first few skins for making various articles of clothing. I know DS wants some old fashioned breeches with suspender belt, DH has a myriad of ideas of what he wants and I am thinking of a buckskin dress .... good thing he has a bunch of hides waiting to be worked on. I think he'll be getting some serious exercise too. Nothing easy about making the buckskin - but super awesome to see a hide turn into something so durable and useful! I will keep you posted on how it turns out. I have so many ideas on craft type things to try and make at least a partial living off of.

I have started drinking more raw milk. Taking it like a supplement. Going to see if it helps at all with some of the inflammation. I know most folk are very leery of milk, but I am a firm believer in the benefits (certainly for our family) I know some folk can't tolerate it and I don't expect them to drink it. I usually avoid drinking it because it is so pricey - but I have been reading about how many good things are in there and some of them are really helpful in a lot of diseases. So I decided to start drinking a cup a few times a day. It is a pretty nice combo as far as the macros go - especially as I am trying to up my carb intake without partaking of too much fructose or any sugar. Each cup is 8g fat, 8 g protein and 12 g carbs. Not a bad snack and I am interested to see how I go with this. Going to try and keep a close eye on any changes for the worse or better.

Watch this Coll: Real Food - Christa Orecchio | Real Food Con. It's only good until tomorrow AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks so much for the link Siobhan! I watched it a few times and so did DH. Lots of helpful information on there and I see that I was right in thinking that fasting is not a good idea right now. I am up to 212 lbs at the moment. Trying not to care and just focus on eating well and resting and sleeping and taking all the supplements. Of course this morning for the first time I totally spaced taking my thyroid med .... weird as I have been taking it for months at the same time every day. I changed what I did first thing and that got me going on the wrong foot I guess.

The kids and I spent the day preparing for the craft fair. I have been scanning and printing DD's pictures on card stock and then cutting it all up and then will have to attach to more card stock ... and DD is all inspired and drawing more pictures So cute! DS and I will be making chocolate molds for the fair - I racked my brains for ages trying to think of something that he could help with and feel that he is part of the whole thing. Not easy for a 7 year old boy - his skills are running around and building lego's

Dinner is warmed up stew (loaded in veggies and gelatin) and artichoke and gem squash. Yummy butter for the veggies. Going to try and take a magnesium bath again this evening. It certainly helped me to get to sleep the other night - I could barely keep my eyes open.

Had a late night last night and felt it all day. Ended up spending most of the morning on my bed - just pooped out. Got up and did some cleaning and cooking. I had one Brussels sprout with dinner just to see how I feel after eating it. I am bloated like a good year balloon! I think I need to be careful with those kinds of veg - the kale messed with me the other day too. Bloated and very uncomfortable - think beached whale carcass blowing up in midsummer heat!!! Going to avoid those two for now. I seem to do fine with cauliflower and broccoli. But I am going to wait a few days and then try doing the cauliflower and broccoli one at a time and see if there is any reaction.

I am doing reasonably with my eating at the moment - still not checking how many carbs I am getting. Just don't seem to get to it. But eating primal and have added a lot more veggies than I used to. Also root vegetables of various kinds added to my meals. I am finding the magnesium bath very helpful with my sleeping and DD is also finding it very helpful for her recent insomnia!

So proud of DH as he has been working on the deer hides and spent a few hours doing some really primal exercise this afternoon, scraping the hair off a deer hide! Now it is in the creek being rinsed by the running water I think he is going to sleep very well tonight.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm.... send me some deer! Doesn't get any more grassfed organic then freshly shot
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Deer season opens tomorrow here in Maine and I am hoping it is a good one - there are so many deer and there is no way all these animals are going to make it through the winter. Starving to death in the freezing cold is not a good way to go for man or beast, so I hope the deer will end up on the table.

Glad you heard the thyroid presentation, I thought it was really good. Although my thyroid is fine, I worry about it somewhat as it seems to me that thyroid problems are years in the making and a little prevention goes a long way. Also, the hospital where I work has a weird macho type thing going on with x-rays. I often have to be in the room when an x-ray is taken because I am providing ventilation for a patient and someone always makes some remark about not worrying because we aren't using our bits for baby-making any more. Like that is the only reason to protect yourself from radiation! I always mention that I am still using my thyroid and plan to do so for quite some time. I've started consuming dulce and nori regularly to keep my iodine level good, which provides some protection.