Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1498

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 101

Coll is offline Senior Member
    TMI warning! I have been doing some research - turned up some stuff talking about bromide toxicity and how if you start taking iodine after being very deficient in iodine, the iodine replaces the bromide (same receptor) and all of a sudden you have loads of extra bromide in your system. I think what made it worse was I did not drink enough and didn't realize that I was unloading nastiness. Iodine was what changed - nothing else. So one of the things that is affected is your gut - either constipation or diarrhea. I go from normal to explosions with no warning whatsoever. I am also fatigued and fuzzy headed at the moment. So I have stopped the iodine for a couple of days and am taking Himalayan salt and lots of water to flush the system and then I will go back to the same dose of iodine I was on. Thank heavens I was not taking a bigger dose of iodine - I am on a really low dose at the moment. Once this stuff settles down I will look at gradually increasing it - very gradually I might add! It is amazing how much better I feel knowing what is probably going on ... and it totally makes sense looking back. All I can think is that eventually my body is going to be much better off and I will start feeling better at some point too.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

A note about Himalayan salt - delicious!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes! And I love that it is PINK!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I hope that you have problem figured out and all will be well soon!

And I love the pink salt also!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It is such a pretty pink - and so many different shades

Hey Coll, I sent you a PM -

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I have not been feeling ok on the iodine. Was reading that if you are hypothyroid it is not good to supplement with it. It helps to prevent the hypothyroid ... I already got it. So I quit taking it and am feeling much, much better.

I hurt my back a couple days ago carrying a heavy planter. Silly of me - I should have put it into the wheelbarrow or waited for DH to get home. Result was a lot of pain and a visit to the chiropractor. Very grateful for chiropractors! THe muscle was still very angry about the whole deal and I thought seriously about calling off my workout with the kettlebell guy this afternoon. But then I thought to myself, "Let's see what he can do with me this afternoon despite my feeling so yuk." I was impressed as he got me well limbered up and the pain is almost non existent this evening! I had an awesome workout and feel like I am on a high. This is super cool - not very good for your dignity though He has me crawling and rolling around on the floor like a baby - but it works and I can tell I had a good workout. I am feeling rather pleased with myself as I am able to do a number of the moves reasonably easily and I can tell he is a little surprised. I have always enjoyed physical exercise and used to be reasonably good at a number of sports. Of course I no longer look the part since I am so overweight, but my body remembers. Fun. So I have a whole bunch of things to work on at home and I am looking forward to it.

I have decided to increase my healthy carbs as my hair is just not doing well and I think the low carb along with the hypothyroid is just not working. I am feeling a bit better and more energetic as a result. A lot better actually. I spent the day moving most of my garden (containers) into more sheltered places as there is a winter storm knocking on our door. We are supposed to get rain/ snow and wind. Kind of early for us here, but I love this weather so no complaints. I just picked as much of my cilantro as possible and froze it so it is all ready for salsa when I am ready. Picked the last of my pole beans and now that the containers are all out of the veggie garden it looks so forlorn and wintery. I have to find places for a few of my tender perennials inside. Space is at a premium indoors so I am not sure how that is going to work out. I have some of the plants in the shed on a temporary basis as the weather is supposed to warm up nicely in a few days time.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Low carb is NOT good in combination with hypothyroid! Make sure to get in enough starches if your thyroid is out of whack!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I have upped my carbs and am feeling much better. Doing some sweetpotato fries for dinner as well as artichoke and a very tasty stew that I have some leftovers from. Just sounds so yummy that I am salivating I have been kind of off my food lately and nothing really tasted good to me. Instead of cravings after higher carb foods I am feeling satisfied. It is a bit of an adjustment adding carbs - I am so used to going VLC that it is almost unnatural to include something carby without feeling guilty.

Pretty pumped - DH and I went and opened a bank account for our various little 'art' things and I am going to start trying to sell some of it online. Kind of a big step, but also exciting. We'll see how that goes. Baby steps at the moment as I am also getting ready for the local craft fair and can't put too much stuff online or I'll have nothing left for the fair. Incentive for DH to do more of his whittling which I know he enjoys, but doesn't usually make time for.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is very exciting! I have often thought about having a small online business selling crafts - not my own but other people's. In this area, there are tons of craft shows/shops in the summer, but the rest of the year there is nothing much. I was thinking it would be cool to have maybe a small retail location with an associated online shop. Of course I will never actually do this, but it is fun to think about.