Page 100 of 149 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1488

Thread: Primal journal : Coll page 100

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Siobhan, I agree - very primal

I am excited for tomorrow afternoon. I started doing some kettlebell work through a guy who had done the qualification with Pavel for those who know what I am talking about. (RKC) But we never had enough money to continue and then we moved out here and my chiro told me to quit all exercise for a while. That was over 2 years ago and I had decided, a while ago, that I just didn't totally agree with him and I wanted to explore my options for exercise again. I am in dire need of some help to get going and then I came across an offer for a voucher with a local guy who is an RKC and is also certified in Functional Movement Screening. Long story short - I spoke to him the other day and I have 3 hours of free consult and training and then I can see if I want to continue with him. This just seems to be such a cool opportunity - I already have the kettlebells needed to start out again and he can help me start out really slowly and carefully. He will also help me with weak areas and poor mobility. So the first session is tomorrow afternoon. Will report after that ... I am hopeful ...

Part of me feels so trapped in this body of mine - I have been primal for about 18 months now and I am still very overweight and struggling with my health. I get a bit jealous of people who are able to just drop all those unwanted pounds without any great contortions or counting calories and being super careful. But I just have to remember that I am on a journey to health and hopefully all the supplements and good food will eventually lift me out of the pit of obesity and ill health. I have upped my dose of iodine to 12.5 mgs as I have the lower concentration of iodine and was taking too small of a dose. I just want to be healthy and energetic again. It seems to be so long ago that I felt good and was able to do all those lovely fun energetic activities.

On the bright side, I bought a little massage tool made of wood and have been doing some deep tissue massage on my left leg. It is incredible the improvement in the pain in my Achilles tendon. I have so many extremely painful spots all the way up my leg and it doesn't take much to really feel it. But I felt almost immediate relief this morning when I spent about 15 minutes working on it and it didn't cost me a visit to the massage therapist. (and I didn't have to deal with PTSD after the torture session either!!)
    I was not sure how often I should do it - but I figure if I do it every couple days and drink lots of water and take Arnica I may see some real changes. Sometimes I wonder how on earth I got into such a mess physically ... I mean, why have such excruciatingly painful spots all up and down my left leg? What is that all about? I know - stress, sugar, stress, lack of sleep, stress, toxins
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Do you realize that you just started your 100th forum page?

As far as being stuck in an unhealthy spot I feel like I've hit a wall as well. I'm hoping it's just been stress in my life this year (as this year has been one of the worst for me as far as stress goes). What I think we both need is to reevaluate where to go next. Diet only goes so far but stress, physical activity... etc also play a major role.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

You're right Ecks, and I think that exercise is very helpful in dealing with stress. I am hoping I can start sleeping better once I am doing more physically and I am trying to see the areas where I still live in a stressed way out of habit now. It can get you making a lot of bad choices - small ones but they accumulate and have great impact nonetheless.

I am realizing that I have been very uncreative with school and the kids are hating it. Trying to take a step back and see how to add some fun back in and still get the important stuff done. Just need a reset in so many ways...

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Well, I have to say that I had fun this afternoon. DH happened to be off this afternoon and so I had the treat of going to my kettlebell session on my own This is a REALLY big deal when you are a stay at home mom who homeschools!! I really felt like there is the potential for me to improve a lot and was also very encouraged when the guy told me that I move well, learn easily and don't have any major issues that he could see. I am however, VERY unfit and so after doing all kinds of fun exercises I feel as though I had a pretty good workout. Good thing that the hour was partially taken up with the Functional Movement Screening as I am sure I would be in pain if I had done much more. I have some stuff to work on at home which is really cool. I am hopeful that this is one of the keys to my seeing a breakthrough in my health and weight loss. Really hoping to sleep well tonight. My Achilles tendon is rather grumpy this evening though... I guess it is my cue to work on it this evening again. A good dollop of magnesium gel is sure to help as well. It felt SO good to be breathing hard and getting a little sweaty for a change. I have always loved exercise - it is just hard to get going when you are in such abysmal shape. It is definitely humbling doing these very undignified moves with a very fit and strong young man watching your every move - good for my pride. He did say that I am pretty strong - he said he usually starts women with the 16lb or 18 lb weight - I was first on the 40 lb and then the 50 lbs kettlebell. Only for deadlifts though - I know I will need to do the really light ones for anything that requires strong arms.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like so much fun! I am so glad you have this opportunity. I would love to try kettlebells but I definitely don't feel I should do them without some instruction - to easy to get injured. Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Oh, and I fessed up about the tomato stealing - he laughed and told me to help myself and take some beans too. Not sure about the beans.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yes, I would definitely recommend going to someone who has trained through the Dragondoor RKC as they are very highly trained and are very picky about how you do the movements. It would be very easy to do some nasty damage if you did it wrong!

Glad you fessed up Are they green beans? You could make delicious fermented garlic dill beans .... we are thoroughly enjoying ours right now. Also great for tossing into stews or soups.

DH and I were needing to upgrade our phones (almost 18 months since we were due to upgrade ) so eventually did so and they just arrived this morning. Now we are going to have to study how on earth to use them - we had 'dumb' phones and now have smart phones, could be interesting indeed.

I am feeling surprisingly good today - definitely a bit stiff here and there but not too bad. A lot of muscles are complaining being 'forced' into their correct shapes.

Woke up at 2:30 am last night feeling really nauseous and with horrible stomach ache. I really thought I was going to get another round of food poisoning and was sure DH and DD were going to wake up any minute with the same symptoms... they never did - just fine thanks! I lay awake for about 2 hours sweating and trying to relax, drank some kefir and didn't feel any different. Eventually I took a tablespoon of Silverbiotics and within about 20 minutes felt much better and went to sleep again. Is this just weird or what? I didn't eat anything different from anyone else or from what I usually eat ....? Huh?

Reminds me too, when the kids and I were leaving to fly to SC we had to wake up at about 2:30 am to get loaded up and drive to the airport. DH and I were running around and putting together some last minute things when all of a sudden I felt super bad, like I was going to pass out or throw up or both. I had to lie down and could not get up. Ended up missing our flight and having to go on standby with the kids all day - ended up getting to Charlotte NC laaaaaate that night. I don't know if my BP was really low because I was so tired and stressed - all I know is it was weird and yet, after sleeping a couple of hours I felt fine, just really tired.

At least I feel fine today. I am being really careful with what I eat and trying to notice any reactions - nothing at this point. Did a massage on my legs this morning - whew! Talk about going into the cave of pain - but at the other side it is so much looser and my Achilles is less troublesome as I walk around today. I am pleased that my efforts at home seem to be paying off. We'll see how things go.

Well, not so great this afternoon. I think I must be releasing a load of toxins as I am massaging my legs - maybe that is why I am feeling so bad. Felt nasty this afternoon - upset stomach and dry mouth and feeling super tired.... Off to drink a bunch more water and lie on my bed.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Coll, this sounds very worrying. Take good care of yourself, or better yet, have your family take good care of you. Rest- really rest- for a couple of days. Hugs.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Very worrisome...take care of yourself! Rest!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold