Page 99 of 415 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 99

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mini-super-report:

I made a delicious breakfast and ate it in grateful silence. I love greens with eggs! I could eat them every morning. (You may now place bets as to how long it will be before I say 'If I eat anymore greens with eggs, I will explode!')

I am taking my friend out to celebrate the sale of her book. I looked at the menu online, and decided what I will eat. Skewered shrimp, and Greek salad. I will bring my own dressing.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    What kind of greens? I had some fried eggs over avocado. Tomorrow is my farmer's market so I'll get a restock of greens. I love this sweet and spicy blend of arugula and other field greens. An over easy egg on top those greens = bliss.

Hi, Avocadogirl, thanks for stopping by.

My standard greens recipe now is:

Sweat half an onion, thinly sliced, in 4t of butter.
    Add a mega-bunch of greens, at least two kinds, maybe more, sliced into ribbons. As much as can be crammed into the pan and have the lid balance on top of it, at least, until they cook down, so about three or four bundles. This batch was green cabbage and collards. Kale and chard are big favorites.
    Cover and cook until tender, adding stock if needed to keep moist.
    Sprinkle with a little coconut flour to thicken, and add 1T of cream per 1C of greens.
    Yum.
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-20-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: missing comma

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    My bet is you'll like greens and eggs longer than ever before as now you're going whole hog! You could always give yourself the option of IFing if your body doesn't want greens and eggs. Amazing what a little threat like that can do. Bodies being bodies, your body will probably say: "Ok, greens and eggs sound great."

Some kind of start

I inadvertently skipped a meal yesterday, but I'm not sure which one. Had my breakfast of eggs, bacon, and greens. And lunch of standard salad with salmon. When I met my friend, I realized I wasn't in the mood for MORE salad, so I skipped that and just had the skewered shrimp, along with cream in my iced coffee.

And that was it for the day.

I was hungry in the evening, but told myself 'no', when all that was on offer was pesto pizza and oatmeal cookies. (Bad luck, really; this lady almost always has vegetables and dip.)

I DID walk, and drink my water, and get an fair amount of sleep. (Not a great amount- I woke up early due to a nightmare.) I left scrapbooking early to get to bed at a reasonable time.

The water weight is coming off in a very satisfactory manner, so that's a mental boost.

Today we get to sample the homemade sauerkraut. I am anticipating letting it ferment for a longer time, but still want to taste it. Did I mention I made pickled garlic, too? From the 'Nourishing Traditions' book- I took a quick look while I was at a friend's house. I've got to get my own copy.

And now, I'm going to go see how Pebbles is doing on her Whole 30.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good food day! I bet your body ate some toxic fat when it didn't get that pesto pizza and the oatmeal cookies!

Good heavens!

A rather alarming intestinal evacuation happened this morning. Don't know if it was related to breakfast or something I ate yesterday. Those shrimp, maybe? These were rather sub-standard in taste. Maybe the quality was off, as well.

I got the pantry done yesterday, still need to do the refrigerator.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    We love our homemade sauerkraut! But we prefer it when it has matured more - just gains a lot more flavour in my book Maybe the shrimp were off! They can be risky what with being little garbage disposals and then not necessarily the freshest at the place you ate at - sorry about the upset tummy. I always have kefir on hand for upsets and that settles things down nice a fast usually. Glad you are doing well again - hooray for a clean pantry and soon the refrigerator! Always feels nice to get things ship shape...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    A rather alarming intestinal evacuation happened this morning. Don't know if it was related to breakfast or something I ate yesterday. Those shrimp, maybe? These were rather sub-standard in taste. Maybe the quality was off, as well.

I got the pantry done yesterday, still need to do the refrigerator.
    Your descriptive writing style often gives me clear visuals. I lol'd, but I imagine it wasn't as funny for you. :P
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Three days down, 120 to go

Coll-Can you believe I forgot about tasting the sauerkraut!?! Today for sure.
    Pebbles-Don't think anyone wants a clear visual on THAT episode!

I mention to my honey yesterday that I was doing an official DIET, and he got my point immediately. 'You mean a temporary restriction in the way you eat?' That's why I love the man. He was surprised at the time period I had chosen. I decided to go for a length of time, rather than pounds, because I can control the one, and not the other. So, four months it is. It was three months at first, to fit in with the n=1 journal, but I realized where that would drop me off: right before Halloween. Not a good idea.

Halloween, and the thought that I could have 'just one' treat, was the end of my first real successful weight loss using low-carb. I went from not even thinking about food, to going crazy over it.

I've learned a lot since then, but there's no sense testing myself with candy opportunities. I'll feel better mentally, if my end date is AFTER Halloween. Having fruits, and cheese, and nuts again just in time for Thanksgiving seems better.

And I made myself a 'Reaching New Heights' chart. I realized that one pound a week would put me right at 179, the weight I got down to last time. Two pounds: 162. I would be smoking at 162. Three pounds: 145. So close to my 'ideal' weight as to make no never mind. I can't even imagine what I might look like at 145. Or if I even really want to get there(someday-I have no expectations of getting there in 4 months. Just pondering out loud.)

Skipped my afternoon snack yesterday due to time management issues, so I doubled up my dinner protein with a 8oz steak. Otherwise, everything was as it should be; water, walking, vitamins, sleep, food. There is a challenge ahead today, with guests over, but I am counting on my 'plan' to keep me on track. There's no question of what I can have - just stick to the list.

And NO RICE!