Page 97 of 435 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 97

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, I'm glad to see you're "back on the wagon" . I love your idea of the weight graph going up to smaller numbers .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good food yesterday, and good sleep. No exercise. The bare minimum of water. Humph. A little too much rice- I felt it urging me to eat MORE of something, but I squelched the feeling, and held on until we got home to have a protein shake. Lots of vegetables. (The red onion tian is a winner. Also, the green beans.) NO banana bread!

Today I have many chores to do. I'll be using journal reading as my reward, so make your posts fun. I'm counting on you!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, there are NO innocent cavemen!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Chores and errands, chores and errands. That was my whole day. Collapsed in an afternoon nap, and woke up very groggy, to do...more chores and errands. The food was all primal, except for some dark chocolate-covered plum bits, and those weren't TOO bad. No exercise. Adequate water. Enough sleep, but boy howdy, that nap did me in for a couple of hours. Mid-day sleeping is not kind to me. And I used food as a crutch to help me wake up. Luckily, nuts and seeds, rather than banana bread; still, I stuffed myself to the point of making dinner an impossibility.

Highlights from yesterday's food included bacon and eggs served with cabbage/beet green/kale gratin and some of the red onion tian. Oh, such goodness! Greens and eggs really are a wonderful combination.

My plans for today include steak and sweet potato for lunch, and salmon and baked leeks/celery for dinner. I'm driving out to the boonies to see a friend, so the exercise will be non-existent again, unless I get wild.

Did I mention I started a small batch of sauerkraut? It is fermenting away on my kitchen counter. Very exciting. It should be ready for first tasting this weekend, or, if I can stand to wait, at the end of the month. This was prompted by getting 'The Art of Fermentation' from the library. What a tome! Few real 'recipes' but tons of information. It emboldened me.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I never liked sauerkraut, but come to think of it I only had the 'supermarket sealed bag' kind. Let me know the outcome Sabine, I might consider making it myself! I'm even considering to eat liver again, I NEVER liked liver! My mum used to make it and I still vividly remember one time I had liver as a child: it was me sitting at the table for hours with this piece of liver on my plate and I couldn't leave the table until I had eaten at least part of it . NOT a happy childhood memory! Luckily my mom realized I was not just 'faking' it, the texture just makes me gag (like pears, it has a granular texture I just don't like in my mouth) and she never forced me to eat it again.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Just got a dish ready for dinner: baked leeks and celery, so that I only have to pop it in the oven later. I have never baked celery before. You parboil it first, and I confess, it smells intriguing.

Also getting to try out my new little glass ziploc dishes. They have a flexible lid for storage, and can go into the freezer, microwave, or oven(not the lid for that one). I'm wanting a smaller size so that I can do multiple vegetable dishes and put half in the freezer. That way there won't be so many leftovers.

I like having vegetable leftover available, but I like variety, too, and eating the same thing for three meals in a row gets old. (Yes, I know I am spoiled.) My family eats the veges at dinner, but I am usually the only one who eats the leftovers, unless I am making them a plate. They almost never go for a scoop of zucchini when they want a snack. At least they eat it if I put it in front of them.

But...Littlest did ask for cut-up carrots and bell pepper for her summer school snack today, instead of banana bread! Apparently, one CAN get tired of banana bread.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    HI Sabine! All caught up again. It sounds like you're doing great. I like your upward graph idea. The first thing I thought of was pounds lost rather than current weight being the data plotted.

Good luck with the sauerkraut! I look forward to hearing how it turns out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Aaaaughhhh!

Itchy!

I got chiggers somehow yesterday, and I am hating it!

Hating, hating, hating. I can barley think for the itchiness.

And...

Last night I happened to glance at the ingredients list on the milk carton. Never even thought of checking it, because it is ORGANIC WHOLE MILK. What's to check, right?

Wrong.

INGREDIENTS:
    Certified Organic Grade A Milk. Fine. That's what I came here for.

Fish Oil(ingredient not found in regular Whole Milk). Oh, thanks for pointing that out! What the heck?!? I've got nothing against fish oil, I take it regularly, but it does NOT belong in milk. Fish-Milk, NO!

No more buying my organic milk from Costco. I must read every label on everything. I am irked.

Also, the baked celery-leek was a big disappointment.

Maybe I should just go back to bed.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Don't give up! It's a brand new day -- despite chigger itches! Gosh. I had to look chiggers up. Sounds awful. Hope the itch goes away within the hour!

I had the exact same thing happen with the milk. It is gross, isn't it -- not the taste, just the idea. Fish oil just doesn't belong in one's milk.

I think today you will make something exciting to eat and have lost some weight. Somehow, leek and celery -- two vegetables I don't get excited about -- would make anyone lose weight.

Have a super and much better day today!

Eeeeeeeeeee!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A dear friend just got her book accepted for publication!

Wheeee!

Dancing around the house!

In a more sober (though still happy) tone: Well, hey there, Lopisheep. I'm glad to hear from you. The exciting thing I had to eat to today was sushi. I didn't mind not making it myself.