Page 95 of 413 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 95

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello Sabine, where are you? Busy with a lovely real life I hope! I'm getting caught up on journals and found yours way back - hope to hear from you soon -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Deadly combination

It has been a busy time- summer school starting, which makes for a busy morning (my usual posting time)- and lots of poor eating choices, which makes me not want to post. Or even read other people's journals. I'm in a funk, and really pissed off with myself. I am almost at my lowest weight in many years, and here I go, sabotaging myself left and right. I mean, cake for breakfast?!?

I've stopped doing The Thing, also. Too much stress.

So, what have I been doing? Driving the kids around and feeling sorry for myself. Not my best behavior. Or even my average behavior(except for the driving!)

I DID have a Big-Ass Salad on Monday, though! And, what with the nature of BAS, there are plenty of cut up vegetables floating around, so there is a stir-fry planned for lunch today.

And cake.

It is not my job to point out hypocrisy in others. Just keep working on yourself, Sabine.

Well, I'm probably going to hell for it, but I consider it a moral imperative to call out hypocrites. Can't stand hypocrisy. However, working on oneself is always a good idea.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal is not just about food

We were gifted with 23 bananas on Tuesday, so yesterday I cut and froze banana chunks, and made 4 loaves of banana bread. I had two slices, but I have no fear, because one of the loaves is already gone! My children love banana bread. Two loaves are going straight into the freezer for the future, and that last loaf will be gone before I know it.

We have two new things going on in our lives this week. Summer school has started, and we are dog-sitting. These two combined have been seriously messing with my sleep schedule. I am groggy and cranky.

One of the changes I made after reading 'Primal Blueprint' was to go to bed earlier, and get more sleep. The difference it made was amazing. I have always been a good sleeper, but insisting on getting to bed a few hours after it gets dark really made for a good change. And unlike the eating changes, it was easy enough to do that I did it almost ALL the time.

With summer here, and no need to get up early, I have been getting a little lax. But still getting a solid 9 hours, or more, so my body was happy.

No more. My body is not happy. It is tired.

And, as I type this, I am starting to wonder if the food compliance difficulties these past weeks, might have been affected/made worse by the change in my sleep habits as of early June. Well, that would be easy enough to test, wouldn't it? Back to bed with you, Sabine! 9:00 tonight, and no more shenanigans.

But back to the dog sitting. Weenie(why, yes, he is a dachshund, why do you ask?) is anxious being away from his own family. If I leave the room for more than a few minutes, he cries. But he is not so keen on going to bed on my schedule. His regular time is 10:30, apparently, and he wants to wander around until then. And whine, since I am not there, but rather, in bed, like a normal person. Or dog.

He is getting better as the days pass, so maybe by the time he goes home, he'll be completely comfortable with us. But this is of no use NOW.

As for RIGHT now, I am off to walk three dachshunds. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-12-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: punctuation

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Would it help if you tried to take weenie to bed with you? (That sounded gross as I typed it). It may help if he was nestled next to you- may sleep earlier if you pass out.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Is his name really Weenie? No wonder he whines. Call the poor creature by a more dignified name, he will have more self-respect. Maybe William.

EVERYONE smiles at you if you are walking three black dachshunds!

I'm not sure how Salem and Chloe would react to him being up in the bed with us. They are slowly getting used to the whole concept of a new dog in their zone, but the bed might be a bridge too far. Also, he has arthritis, and needs help getting up and down off the sofa. If he can't wait for us, he sort of flops off, leading to a very loud crash. Our bed is significantly higher than the sofa, and although we have steps, I think it might be just too much for him to handle. Right now, he is sleeping next to the bed, and can wander around as he pleases.

Although, maybe that is part of the problem. If he were afraid of falling off, he might stay put. (But as he is also a little blind, I am not going to risk this. If he can't see how far away the floor is, he can't be scared. Also, our smallest dachshund, Chloe, throws herself off the bed like there is no tomorrow. She usually runs about six feet through the air as she does so. If he follows her example, BAD THINGS might happen.)

They all loved the walk, and everyone made it home alive.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The dogs sound adorable.

Siobhan,+1 on Weenie's name change. Lol, ecks
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I can't even respond to Ecks- I have too many off-color jokes to choose from. This journal would quickly devolve!