Page 86 of 416 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 86

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Personally, I would start drinking heavily.
    Hahahahahaha!!!

Me too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Off for another weekend of fun!

The drinking is a good idea. Unluckily, the only alcohol I have in the house is my vanilla. Don't know if I can handle shots of that. Maybe someone will bring something for the retreat!

My eating yesterday was surprising. I've already packed my journal, so i can't do the blow by blow, but it went something like this:

Sashimi!
    No creme brulee!

Ice cream!
    Truffles!
    More ice cream!

And yet, there is still more than half the carton of ice cream left. And I only had one round of truffles. And they were distinct EVENTS, not little nibbles all day long. I don't dare to call it a success, but I WILL call it normal behavior.

While I am off this weekend, my honey is charged with ANNIHILATING any wasps and nests in the backyard.

Talk to y'all on Monday!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wasps are no fun. I put my hand on one once and it stung me. Mom promptly pumped me full of benedryl.

Baking soda and water in a paste is supposed to help, as is putting a fresh cut onion on the sting. Pasty mud is supposed to be helpful as well.

Did the stingers pull out or are they still under your skin? Might be the reason for the continued pain.

I hope you feel better soon and that Hubby gets all those stinging buggers outta there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Hope the stings are better now, have lots of fun this weekend!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Hello, Monday!

I'm back from my retreat, and I had a marvelous time.

Much fun with my friends, and I got two quilt tops completed. Christmas ones for my kids. I also did some knitting and piecing of more blocks. Lots of talking and laughing. One night of staying up late, otherwise I went to bed on time. Amazing. Ate primally except for the MASSIVE amounts of chocolate (all dark, so that's not so bad, right?) and some Girl Scout cookies after I got home. We had a nice meat and veg dinner of Mongolian stir-fry for Father's Day dinner, and today I am starting my planned fast. My body is looking forward to it.

My sting spots are still present and aggravating, but much better than last week. I hope to have them gone by the end of this week. The one on the toe is the worst. There is just not enough space for your toes to expand, I guess. It is very tight and painful. The ones on my tush...well, there's plenty of fat there to soak up any poison and space for the skin to expand, that's all I'm saying.

Had half a pound of oyster mushrooms from a local farmer's market over the weekend, fried up and eaten with homemade beef stew for Sunday breakfast. Delightful.

Did not drink enough water, as I was sitting a lot and out of my usual routine. I can definitely feel it. With the start of my fast, though, I should have no trouble re-hydrating.

Okay, off to catch up on journals. Hope y'all have been well.

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a lovely weekend, Sabine! Good luck on your fast
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Glad you had a good time! Fried mushrooms...must get some...

Wanna hear something funny? My mom got stung by a wasp last week. First time ever in her life! It was in her mailbox. She said it hurt as bad as anything can hurt for 15 minutes and then the pain vanished. Go figure.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

How I wish mine would just vanish!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it was funny, when she told me (on the phone) I started to panic a little because her health is quite fragile, but it was all over by the time we talked. I hope it doesn't happen again, though, to either of you.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What an interesting life you lead!

Oh, your list is the best. We can all make lists of what we don't like about our bodies without even thinking about it. A list of what you like about your body would take a bit of thinking.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.