Page 50 of 415 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 50

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm so pleased you said you were here, motherofgods. I shall confess: I look at the number of views I get, and imagine who they are. Some I know, because they comment. But who else, who else? As I read others' journals I wonder, do they know who I am? Or, if I commented, would they scratch their heads in puzzlement? I have another confession about views, which I will keep until it happens, because it is really too silly. But that's me sometimes.

Reference post

Someone (can't remember who, now) had a reference post in their journal. A page to jot down things they had learned, or wanted to refer to. They were smart, and put it right on their front page. I'm a slow learner, but now that I am at page 50 (easy to remember), it is time.

Most important thing: it takes time for results to show up. Do not have one good or bad result, and decide you know exactly what caused it. Wait, test again, wait some more. Patience.

Check out iodine sometime when you have a spare weekend to read all the research.

Brazil nuts.

Read over your journal for patterns.

Check out that blue light/evening thing- there's a free download. Think it was on skink's or ecks' journal.

Check out nicco tooth powder at indian markets.

Activated charcoal to bind toxins. Make sure you are 'regular' because once it binds, it will need to get out. Heard about this on nutrition thread- started by k mid-May. Look into it.

I'll be adding more, as I come across things, and once I find the little bits of paper I have been jotting things down on. Yay for the edit key!
    Last edited by Sabine; 05-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Learning

Our pastor gave a sermon once, centered on the idea that you do not 'sin' in your weak areas, rather, you are tempted in areas where you are strong. One of her examples was that it was easier to be tempted to vanity if you are beautiful.

At the time, it got me thinking about how sloppy I am. I began to wonder if inside of myself, I was an organized, neat person. I finally decided I am, and that my outer sloppiness and sloth were a reaction to not perceiving my self correctly and feeling I wasn't 'worthy' to be competent. It is something I am still working on, but I have gotten to the point where I am not afraid to accept that I can be good at things.

Recently, this whole notion combined with some other things.

I was reading journals, and saw that people who were taller and heavier than I was, were fitting into smaller sizes than I can. And that they mentioned how many inches they could grab here and there.

From my teenage years on, I and others have always called me big-boned. It made my weight a little easier to justify. Imagine my shock when I was an adult to measure my wrist- one of the points to check to see if you are small-, medium-, or big-boned (I know, I know, CW, but hey, it is what it is) - and discover that I have a medium frame. And only just barely. I am right on the cusp. I could almost be small-boned.

Small-boned!!!

I'm 5'8" and have a goal weight of 154. I decided on this because the ideal is meant to be 140, with a normal range of 10% on either side. No way could I EVER be ideal, but I could be on the plump side of average, right? 140 became my crazy dream goal. I would be completely satisfied with 154. It was about what I deserved.

Now I am starting to wonder. I have a LOT of fat on my body. Handfuls, not inches. Am I selling myself short? Should I be aiming for 140? Should I be willing to consider lower? Am I brave enough to do either of those? Would it even be wrong for me not to at least consider it? Thank goodness I have plenty of time.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I chose an ideal wt range for my height based on an average bodyfat percentage. My Goal range is 160-174 at 5'10". The range seems more doable for me.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Lots of food for thought here! I am intrigued by your pastor's idea, I will ask my pastor is she has ever preached a sermon on that subject. I think she is on to something.

I was a little worried about breaking a rule or something and having my journal deleted, only because that happened to me on another forum, a religious one no less, and it was a silly thing - I didn't realize that you could only join one 'group.' I joined two, a large one and a small one because I thought that would be a nice balance. I got a truly horrible email from one group leader who noticed I was posting in another group, accusing me of being a liar and asking if I was this deceptive in my real life etc. Honestly, I didn't know you could only join one group! And the whole thing smacked of being in the fifth grade and being afraid to talk to someone outside of your cliche. Anyway, this is kind of a long way of saying that I don't want to break any rules and get banned or lose my journal, and that I read a lot of other people's journals and am finding them really, really helpful. So many people are helping me stay on the right track. It takes a village.

I'm afraid to choose an ideal BW or even really think about it. I want to be able to do a pull-up!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    While I don't know the inner workings of running a huge forum like this one, I can't help but believe that a fellow member losing her original journal was an accident of some sort. I've read some other things on the site that raised my eyebrows! And they didn't get deleted. Usually before they do something that drastic a warning is given & an explanation. Since none was given to her & she didn't inquire as to the reason is what makes me think it was a glitch. I would've raised all kinds of hell. This whole forum was designed to be a place to "journal" the journey & to seek help from others. I'm sure they had an idea of the things that could be written. We've all put a lot of time & for some of us our souls into these journals...they wouldn't take removing one lightly.

So I wouldn't worry about you getting deleted.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I have to agree about the temptation to fail is often in our 'strong' areas. We think we can manage ok only to find we just blew it big time Sabine, I think you should aim for your initial goal and when you get close you can reassess. I am also with holding judgement on where I should be. I used to be about the same weight as my goal weight (135 lbs) when I was in highschool, I was not super lean though. I think I am more muscular than I was then although I was very active ... hope we get to amaze ourselves with what we really are! I used to think I was large boned and had the same revelation as you - I am medium framed, borderline small!! That astounded me when I found out...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    So I wouldn't worry about you getting deleted.
    Yeah, I figure if "Feeling Sexy" didn't get me deleted, then nothing will. I know that they usually put a temporary ban on people after explaining the charge for a first offense. I agree that motherofgods' issue was likely a glitch.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sort of on purpose intermittent fasting

Here's yesterday:

Up at 6:00
    Vitamins

12:30 3 pieces zwiebelkuchen( onions sauteed in
    coconut oil
    sour cream
    eggs and egg yolks, topped with
    bacon and baked
    cheese- portwine, camembert, garlic jack, blue

Water: 13 glasses

Bed at 9:30

I was spending the day with a friend, lunch included. Since I ate so much the day before, I figured no breakfast would be a good idea. It was- I didn't get hungry until the appropriate time to be social with my friend. I brought the food, so it was easy to eat right.

Then came the sort of on purpose part.

I had a girl scout meeting in the evening. I was definitely not hungry beforehand. I started feeling peckish during the meeting, but by the time I go home, it was 7:30. Too late to eat in my book, plus, the next day was my sashimi day. If I ate a late dinner, what if it threw me off for consuming my normal amount of sashimi? Horrors!

So, I decided to skip dinner. By the time I went to bed, I was in full-blown, stomach-growling mode. I was even hungry when I woke up in the middle of the night. Ecks has mentioned that his sleep is fantastic when he goes to bed hungry, but no such luck for me. I even had a peculiar dream about the forums- that someone posted a comment to my journal that they wouldn't recommend me to a newbie, because I was so full of rage. (!) What's that all about? But, I did not get up in the middle of the night to eat. And my stomach feels completely normal this morning, so my sashimi plans can proceed as normal.

I think I am more afraid of losing my journal accidentally, than by willful design. The thought that -poof!- a little computer glitch, and it could disappear, freaks me out! I never really trust that the words are there until they are printed out, in the writing I do. Don't know why that hadn't translated to the journal. MDA is so well run, I guess I had no trust issues. But computers, they can be tricky little things.

I have GOT to go read that 'Feeling Sexy' thread.