Page 48 of 424 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 48

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Skink, thanks for stopping by. Nice to see you.

PrimalCajun- I need a whole other LIFE to read everything I want to. Love to read, love it. I remember when I was first filling out job applications as a teenager. You know how the old forms would ask for your hobbies? I never knew what to put. A friend suggested 'reading', and I was boggled. To me, reading was like eating, or breathing! It wasn't a hobby, it was a necessity. She convinced me that not everyone read that way, and my reading qualified as a hobby. Who knew!

Oh, and you might get a laugh out of this, PrimalCajun- I bought four grades of chocolate today. White to bitter.

After reading some of the journals here I have come to realize that I am very lucky with my body. If I do the plan, I WILL lose weight. I am so thankful I don't have to mess with the extras(thyroid, iodine, eating windows, even exercise, you know, the HARD stuff). Although this may change, I am going to enjoy just eating right and watching my body heal itself while I can. I AM anticipating feeling more like exercising as I get less fatty. I have even romped spontaneously with the dogs a few times this month. They were very surprised, but they loved it. And remember that sprint I did at the gym?! if I can do that, who knows what else might happen.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    well you're right of course...I've often said I needed another lifetime just to get the quilting done I'd like to do!! Much less add in the other things I love to do...read, make soap(altho that's kind of a necessity, honey won't use store bought stuff anymore!), can, crochet...well I could go on & on. Haven't been quilting much as I've been reading so much about nutrition/hormones. Fortunately I only have to make soap a couple of times a year as I make big batches at one time. I will actually be doing that in the next couple of days. Once the garden kicks into full swing I'll be a canning fool for several months, so there's stuff I need to do before that happens.

ROTFL!! I haven't got my four grades yet...next time I go to town I'll have to pick some up. hard to find in different colors I'll bet! lol

You remind me of my mom in that she's just happily going along losing weight. She doesn't have any issues to deal with...even at her age she's pretty healthy other than just being overweight. No adrenal problems...no thyroid problems...not diabetes issues...just high blood pressure which is close to being under control. She doesn't need to read as much as I do. She's read Mark's books & Robb Wolff's. She's reading Nora's book right now & that's probably the last one on the primal lifestyle that she'll read. Lucky lucky lucky.

enjoy your evening!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Way to go on your progress! Your b.u.t. post has got my mind going. I could have used that one yesterday!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Alessandra- ever since I read that book, I catch myself when I say 'but', and make sure I know what I am REALLY saying. Of course, 'but' is useful, BUT I've surprised myself sometimes with what I say after it. And, it makes me listen when other people use it, too. Amazing what is revealed.

(Must now go scour my journal for 'but' usage, and see what I've given away!)

Well, this is different

You know how I love my sleep, right?

After my exertions of Saturday, I thought I would go to sleep early, and stay in bed late. Nope, completely regular. 9:00pm to 5:45am, a good 8 3/4 hours, but nothing unusual. (My daughter, on the other hand, had a three hour nap on Sunday, to recover.) And then, on Sunday, come my regular bedtime, when I am usually feeling tired, I was still going full bore. Not sleepy at all, so I was up until 10:00! And got up at 5:15! Only 7 1/4 hours, and yet I feel great.

I did a lot of yardwork yesterday, too, so I was expecting to be tired. Did it invigorate me, instead? Very strange.

Here's the rundown:
    Up at 5:45
    Vitamins

11:30 beef and sweet potato stew
    1 paleo banana-nut muffin
    2T butter

5:00 dinner out with my honey at a new neighborhood churrascaria
    much beef, pork, and chicken
    2 grilled pineapple spears with cinnamon- heaven
    1 fried banana
    caesar salad with extra ranch dressing, bacon, and cheese

Water: 10 glasses
    Activity: Lots! Walk to store, 2 1/4 hours of yardwork, walk to library

Bed at 10:00

This is my last day substituting at the pre-school, so I made some meringues to bring in. One of the children has nut allergies, another is recently gluten-free, so this is the compromise I came up with. First time I have baked with sugar since Christmas. At least there is some protein from the eggs. They do look pretty. My girls were excited: they love meringues (it's the piping tube). The recipe is from 'Joy of Cooking', and because I used it A LOT in my low-fat years, there is a careful notation beside it, of the grams of protein and the fact that there is NO fat. It made me grimace- there is no note about the grams of sugar. Hey, it was fat-free, it must be good for us! If I had only known. I made them this time, knowing, and accepting, that it is a TREAT, not a freebie-scarf-down-any-time thing. And I won't be having one in any case. I'll wait until I get home and have a real meal. With butter.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the loss of pounds and inches. Your BUTS have me thinking...Never thought I'd say that to another woman. Have a great day!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Great numbers Sabine! And you post on the Buts has me thinking too. I always learn a lot from your posts!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love the BUTS post. At first I thought you spelled the title wrong, but then before reading it clicked to me that maybe BUTS was used in place of excuse, and then I learned how it worked. I like it and will incorporate the knowledge you shared.

Meringues... mmmmm....

I don't know how you take your vitamins without food. Don't you take a fish oil? Does it make you burp up fish? Ick! I always take that one BEFORE I eat so that it doesn't cause me the burps. It seems if I pile food on top of it, either the burps don't escape or the oil mixes in the food and doesn't cause burps.

And I don't know HOW you get up at 5:45 on the weekend. I slept nearly half the day yesterday. DH and I fell asleep on the couch Saturday night and didn't wake up until DS came out at 6:00 and asked to watch cartoons. Then DD woke up at 6:30, but DH and I continued to snooze on the couch. Ate breakfast at 9 or 10 or so, then went back to snoozing. Didn't take my vitamins, so I wonder if that is why I was so tired... Then, I took an afternoon nap too. I was wiped yesterday! So, getting up on my own at 5:45 on a weekend is outlandish to me... heck, I can't even get out of bed with an ALARM CLOCK at 5:45 during the week for work... man, I am messed up! lol

Oh, and I hear you about not being able to convince people that this lifestyle works when we have yet to reach the picture of health. Makes it very hard to convey information we've learned and apply.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I just love the B.U.T. idea - so very true and so liberating if I can catch myself doing these things! I really think this could help me overcome some of my not so nice issues (can you even imagine I have any!! Hee hee)
    I am going to work on seeing my BUT today - ha ha ha. You have given me something to mull over - ta ever so! Have a wonderful day!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am going to work on the following BUT phrase in relation to bingeing.

"I wanted to eat clean today (or yesterday, last Saturday etc.) BUT.............."

Maybe I'll begin to see how ridiculous my excuses have become.

Thanks, Great Post.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67