Page 47 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 47

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can so relate to really wanting to tell everyone about this lifestyle, but I just have to bite my tongue a lot of the time because I am not yet an example of how well it works! I have family members with many issues that I know are very closely tied to how they eat ... but no-one wants to hear what I think because they know and can see that I am not in good shape either. I long for the day when I am in great shape and can help others who are in the thick of the struggles we are dealing with now!

I hope your day is awesome tomorrow! You can do it and I look forward to hearing how you did!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine...you post the most interesting, thought provoking things!!! I'm so glad you're a part of our little 'tribe'!!

good luck with the teens tomorrow!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

A short post

Yesterday:

Up at 5:15
    Vitamins

1:00 2 rotisserie chicken legs
    2oz portwine cheese log (yum!)
    dark chocolate (5gC)

7:15 2 bowls stew made with
    beef browned in coconut oil
    sweet potato
    celery and pearl onions sauteed in butter
    tomato

Activity: 20 minutes BRISK walking
    1 1/2 hours yardwork

Bed at 11:00

I am getting more comfortable with not eating before heading off to a a morning activity. Not so worried that I'll suddenly become desperate for food and fall on a sandwich. (If I do it, it will be from emotions, not physical hunger, in any case. And I'm not going to plan a peremptory strike for emotions- I'm not that wacky.)

Got pleasantly hungry this afternoon, and enjoyed a luscious lunch. Then got busy with the yardwork right around dinner time, and put off eating. I was of two minds as to whether to just skip dinner all together. I was only mildly hungry, and it was so late. But I knew I was shuttling kids at 10:00, and it smelled so delicious, so I decided to go for it. (It WAS delicious! I'll make that recipe again. Honey thought it was 'ok'. Tough on him. It was FANTASTIC!)

Off I go, to face my day, with a heart for any fate!

I made it! All teens and adults alive and still speaking to each other. I call that a success. I will now veg in front of the tv before going to bed early.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Woopee! Good job! Enjoy your well earned early night!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

glad that it went well & all are safe & accounted for!!! You did good!!!

Enjoy your well earned rest!!

Numbers coming at you, left and right

I consider that I've recovered from my little binges, so I weighed and measured today. Here's the low-down:

Date.........Jan23...........Mar 15...........April 22
    Weight......211..............191.5............188. 0
    Underarms..41"..............40"...............39"
    Ribcage.....37.5"............35.75"...........36"
    Waist........40.5"............39"...............38 .75"
    Hips..........44"...............43"............... 43"
    Thighs l-r...25.5"-25.25"..25"-25"..........24.25"-24.25"

Weight continuing to move down, very nice. The thighs are a big surprise. Though I understand the concept of losing weight all over your body, somehow, I have never been able to imagine myself with smaller thighs. Seems like they will get there without use of my imagination. Amazing.

I will be pretty busy next weekend, so I think I will just wait until mid-May to weigh and measure again. Or maybe not. I have a birthday coming, and it might be nice to see how things stand on THE DAY. I'll see how I feel.

And here's what I did and ate yesterday:

Up at 5:30
    Vitamins

1:00 beef jerky (9gC)
    1/4C mixed nuts
    1 slice each turkey, ham, cheddar with
    mayo
    mustard, rolled up

4:30 bratwurst
    1/4C sauerkraut
    1/4C grilled onions

7:00 glazed pecans (12gC)
    2oz portwine cheese log
    5 slices salami
    dark chocolate (5gC)

Got my vitamin D the old-fashioned way yesterday. I'm a little pink today, but not tingly.

SO MUCH walking, standing, kneeling. Walking, walking, walking. More walking. And then, a little more walking. Did I mention we walked?

Bed at 9:00

Woke up stiff and sore this morning, so I...went for a little walk to the store. Just to loosen up. Now I'm starting to think I might make it through the day. If the yardwork doesn't get me.

From a book called 'Let's Get Off Our Buts'

I borrowed this from a friend. Must get my own copy soon, as it is full of good stuff. The one that stuck the most with me is using BUT as an acronym, B.U.T., meaning, Behold the Underlying Truth.

As in, I meant to visit my grandmother, but I got stuck shopping. (This is the example I remember from the book. As far as I know, I haven't blown off my grandmother.)
    I meant to eat healthy, but I forgot to pack snacks.
    I meant to go to sleep on time, but the book was so good I couldn't put it down.

I meant to visit my grandmother (behold the underlying truth) shopping was more important to me.
    I meant to eat healthy (b.u.t.) I couldn't be bothered to think or plan ahead.
    I meant to go to sleep on time (b.u.t.) escaping into a fantasy world is so much more satisfying than taking care of my body.

What I took from this was how important it is to be honest with yourself. If whatever you are doing is so important that you don't do other things that you say are important to you; name it, own it. Maybe sometimes, yes, I chose escape into fantasy over taking care of my body. But I need to accept that, not ignore what I am doing. Once I am honest, something will happen. I can change my behavior, or accept that something I thought was important, isn't.

This has gotten me much better about planning food and water to take out. Once I was honest with myself- I could have filled my water bottle and brought it out to the car, b.u.t. I chose to read a page and a half of my book, until I was running late, and HAD to run- it became much easier to change that behavior.

Having to say to myself that two minutes of mental relaxation was more important to me than taking care of my body, made me realize that even if it was true(sometimes) that was not the kind of person I wanted to be. So, now, I'm not. (Mostly.) I'm the kind of person who makes sure her body has the hydration and food it needs.

What are your b.u.t.s?
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Those are impressive stats. And only in 3 months? Nicely done.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

awesome job Sabine!! You are just a fat burning machine! Sounds like you have a very well functioning metabolism.

Oh good! I have another book to add to my list!! Oh wait...I'll see if the library has it first!! lol Sounds like my kind of book & almost works the same way as the "why" thing. I need a week where I don't do anything but read!!!! Maybe 2 would be better.

enjoy the rest of your day!