Page 45 of 414 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 45

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aw, Sabine... (hugs)

I'm sorry shopping was so un-fun. I hate shopping for clothes! Unless I'm buying them for my kids. Then I enjoy it. Or for running shoes... otherwise, it's no fun.

I'm sorry. Hugs to you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, don't let the clothes be your enemy! You are a woman, that's like feminine enough as it is!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Ezestreets is offline Member
    Sabine

Just to remind you that there are many in this community who are rooting for you. Most don't post. I watch, and I care, and I can relate to some parts of your struggles. I have no advice or words of wisdom. One day at a time. I wish you the best and I will be following you closely. As are many others

Dan

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Snapping out of it

Well, enough of a pity party for me. Seems I've been so negative lately. (Hopefully it is just the sugar roller coaster, and not a personality flaw!) Time to get my game back on.

Pebbles, Jenn, Alessandra, Ezestreets- thanks for your kind words. (love the basset hound!) I think what I needed, though, was a kick in the butt. Y'all are too nice to me. (Please don't stop, though, even if you start with the required kicks.)

Weight loss (I won't speak of getting healthy. How many of us make it our New Year's Resolution every year to 'get healthy'? Weight loss is such more familiar territory.) has always been a solitary endeavor for me. Even when I went to Weight Watchers. I was never around long enough to make friends with people. And I'm shy, so I never opened up enough to do it, either.

Being on the forums is such a different experience. I love the camaraderie we have with each other. And since it is as anonymous as we want/need it to be, we show ourselves in a way it takes people years to do in person. When someone responds to that, it means a lot. Thank you all for your support and friendship. You charge me up!

Okay, as for the getting healthy part. Tuesday morning, very early, about 4am and then during the afternoon, about 6pm, I had the faintest whisper of heartburn-like pain in my throat. The chili? A hangover from my sugar/wheat craziness? A combination? It put me on alert, whichever it is. And through the night and this morning I have had a low-grade headache. That I can definitely attribute to coming off the sugar. So, I'll take my lumps and try to learn from it. When I abuse my body, ii fights back. It is fighting fair (at least my body is more high-minded than my mind, nice to know), but it is obviously not afraid to get into it at the least aggression on my part. I need to remember that, and be respectful. I want my body on my side, not as my enemy.

So here's what happened yesterday:

Up at 5:00
    Vitamins

10:15 lamb chop
    1T A-1 sauce( have you looked at the ingredients? Raisin paste. I've got to experiment!)
    1/8 quiche alsace

1:45 chili
    sour cream
    celery stalk with
    almond butter(not as satisfying as the apple. Guess I'll just make peace with those particular carbs)
    4 strawberries

6:30 chicken breast chunks fried in
    coconut oil
    pesto
    spaghetti squash
    asparagus
    1C fruit salad- strawberries, apple, banana, grapes, mixed with lemon juice and stevia

Activity- walking around the mall, shopping

Bed at 8:30

Today I am planning my semi-weekly sushi feast. This is what I blow my allowance on, most weeks. I LOVE sushi, love it, love it, love it! I have gotten into the habit of doing it on Wednesdays, before I go to the gym with my honey. It feels almost virtuous that way, as if I m stocking up on protein for my muscles to go to town with. Did I mention that there is a chin-up assist machine at our gym now? I tried it last time, and really enjoyed it. I am going to add it to my routine. ('Routine'! Ha! It sounds so official.)

Cheers, all! Let us make a great day for ourselves!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Its funny how our body gives us signs that something is wrong... Also kinda sad that we used to all ignore these signs before and just assume they were part of eating.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love your pep today! It makes me peppy!

Pull-up machines are WONDERFUL aren't they? I do mine with 120 lbs of assistance. That makes it hard enough that I'm struggling by the time I reach number 12 or so. On the 2nd set of pullups, I have to take small breaks while doing my 20 reps.

I noticed last week that I felt "weaker" than usual when doing my strength exercises, so I'm taking this week off to rest up and revive my adrenals. I feel better already!

Oops, threadjack...

My mouth waters every time I see lamb chop on your menu and I haven't even TRIED a lamp chop yet, so maybe it's time to give them a shot. There's a grass fed lamb farm on my commute to and from work. I should stop sometime and try lamb chops. I just haven't stopped yet.

I never got into sushi... something about eating raw fish holds me back...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I love LOVE lamb chops

Sabine~you sound awesome today woman!!!!And chin-ups supported or otherwise are freakin awesome..

To me personally weightloss and health are synonomous! I just don't feel healthy when carrying this extra weight(see as stress) on my short little frame!!!At the same time I do not want to be thinking of nothing else 24/7 either!!

I love our group here because we not only offer support but reading everyone's experiences help us see ours differently!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think a binge qualifies as any uncontrolled eating...
    Yes, mine seem to it me out of the blue - usually mid afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG! You've opened Pandora's Box. I started buying dresses when I hit 50 lbs lost. I was never very girly, but Primal has totally changed how I feel about being female. Dresses used to be for special occasions only, now I have to wear them on regular days.
    Me too! I've worn more dresses in the past year than I have in the past 40!

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Sabine~you sound awesome today woman!!!!

To me personally weightloss and health are synonomous! I just don't feel healthy when carrying this extra weight(see as stress) on my short little frame!!!At the same time I do not want to be thinking of nothing else 24/7 either!!

I love our group here because we not only offer support but reading everyone's experiences help us see ours differently!!
    Yes Yes and Yes.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Hey Sabine, glad you are feeling a bit more on top of things again, sometimes life just is tough! It feels as though you are swimming in the ocean and those darn waves keep hitting you right in the face every time you come up for air.... at least that is how I feel sometimes! I hope you have a wonderful day and know that I am rooting for you - we are going to stick it out until we get to run the victory lap! Hard work - but so worth it!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine you sound so much better today!! I'm so glad!! We can't have you down in the dumps for long! A little while is ok...we all gotta have our low spots...the trick is not staying in them for very long!!

you're awesome chickie!!! we luv's ya!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!