Page 43 of 414 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 43

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry to read you feel so bad Sabine ((big overseas hug)). Do you know what triggered it?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Mmm... I've gotta make a primal banana split sometime! (I'm guessing yours wasn't but I do like a challenge!)

Newbie here, snooping around in other peoples' journals.
    I like frozen bananas straight from the freezer.
    I'm going low carb right now, but I look forward to that treat (one day).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Mmm... I've gotta make a primal banana split sometime! (I'm guessing yours wasn't but I do like a challenge!)
    I bet it can be done... bananas = primal, strawberries = primal, melted dark chocolate = kinda primal, pineapple = primal... heavy whipping cream = primal... make your ice cream with coconut butter/milk (there are recipes I saw online the other day) or get some Breyer's All Natural Vanilla (sugar free/lactose free if you please)... I bet you could EASILY make a primal banana split...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine,

I'm sorry your having such a rough go of it right now. Just accept it for what it is and move forward. There's no way to undo it, so acceptance is the only option. Acceptance and careful decision making later. I hate how powerful our minds are and how easily they can trick us into doing something we really really REALLY don't want to do... next thing you know you have completely failed to realize you just stuck a tootsie roll in your mouth... Aw man! Been there! Have had the tshirt so long it's ratty now...

I see most of your indiscretions are sugar related (bread, cookies, etc)... can you possibly please your mind with some dark chocolate? I especially like the Dove Promises... sure they're probably as far from primal dark chocolate as you can get, but they do the trick for me.

I hope you feel better soon.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((Sabine))maybe ou could try what I did yesterday? I made up a bunch of foods that fit my eating criteria, (beef patties, boiled eggs, steamed broccoli, brussels, bacon) and basically gave myself permission to have it!! Funny thing was I didn't even need it! Now I am sure the time will come and I am going to shovel right through it but I decided to go with the flow and see what changing my mindset would do. I am sorry you feel so bad but I can relate 100%.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking about the Binge triple threat yesterday (Emotions, Environment, Nutritional/Hormonal Issues) as I was fighting my own urge to binge. I realized that it is not always all three, but when it is all three, it is tougher. For me, yesterday was emotional, so I cried and pushed past it.

Since bingeing doesn't seem to be your usual MO. I think that your recent binges are more likely nutritional. Could something be missing in your program? Carbs? Fat? Protein? Salt?

I have seen some improvement in my own bingeing behavior by eating 75+ g of good carbs (1 fruit, 1/2 sweet potato, other veg) Keeping fat @ 100g and eating a min 100g of protein. In addition the salt loading for iodine therapy has oddly helped me cut cravings for sweet things. Yesterday, I felt no physical urge to binge, just emotional.

Hope things improve soon.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine...I'm so sorry you're feeling badly. I agree with Pebbles...I'm wondering if its nutritionally related. Some detective work is in order! Maybe we can help you pinpoint something.

Walking softly here...but are you sure its a binge? I don't have that issue...so maybe pebbles could give better insight. To me a binge is when you totally fall off the wagon & practically eat everything in sight. Going "off plan" & having some bread or a banana split or having some mac & cheese(what I did last night) while not good at this point, is just a "minor" trip. Now eating the whole pot of mac & cheese, I would definitely classify that as a binge, at least to me. Do I have it all wrong? If so just tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! Cause I really don't! Just trying to help you keep it all in perspective or figure it out.

at any rate...here's a big ol hug for ya... {{{{sabine}}}}
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I think a binge qualifies as any uncontrolled eating... for instance, if I am having a good day I can easily walk by a bag of chips, but if I'm having an emotional day, I'm likely to stuff chips into my mouth hand over fist... or eat a half bag of coconut just b/c it's there and I want something sweet and there's nothing else available... it's like when the devil (the one who sits on your shoulders) takes over your eating habits momentarily... That, to me, is a binge...

I hope today is a better day, Sabine!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. A binge is not necessarily about amount of food, but lack of control. I know full well when I am in a binge mindset.

If you choose to have a non primal treat, plan it, eat a serving and then stop. It is a planned "cheat" a la Dean Dwyer. (see Demuralist's Journal)
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Binge chat

First off: Ecks, Chatty, and Jenn- take your banana split love out of here! What are you trying to do, kill me?

Pebbles, Jenn, PrimalCajun, Longing, Candy: I do think it was a binge in response to emotional reasons, but I'm going to look at my food over the last few weeks. You never know. Just off the top of my head I know I haven't been eating as much seafood as I am used to.

For me, a binge is about control, quality, and also secrecy. That banana split was eaten in the parking lot of Braum's. No one outside of the journal knows about it. And a sandwich and peanut butter sandwich cookies- so non-primal it makes my head spin. If I go crazy with primal foods, I consider that I have 'over-eaten', not binged. In part, because it is easy to stop with those, even if I am eating to a 'very full' feeling. I was feeling physically bad after the banana split, but it didn't stop me from the sandwich and cookies. It's almost like I WANTED to feel bad. And also, I feel I have just 'overloaded' on good stuff with primal foods. In this case, I was stuffing myself with junk. I was not nurturing my body. I was abusing it.

Wow, that makes me sad to read. I was ABUSING my body.

I'm going to try the whys, just as a flow exercise. Pardon any rambling.

Sabine, why did you get that banana split yesterday?
    I deserved it after dealing with the girl scouts and their bad attitudes over the last two days. I am disappointed in them. It seems that they want the reward without the work.
    Why do you deserve it?
    I didn't yell at them.
    Why is refraining from yelling worth a reward?
    Because it is hard, and good.
    Why is it good?
    Because they'll feel bad if I yell, and I don't want to make people feel bad.
    Why?
    Because then they won't like me. They'll be mad at me ,and I'll have to do something to win them back. I'm not allowed to have people not like me.

Man, this stuff gives you a stomachache.

Why can't you have people not like you?
    Who'll be around if no one likes me?

Oh, I don't like this.

No answering with questions. Why can't you have people not like you?
    It's too scary. I'll be alone.
    Why does eating alone feel like comfort?
    I'm getting away with something. I'm getting something I need but don't deserve.
    Weren't you mad at the girl scouts for wanting that?
    That's not a 'why'!
    Why don't you deserve it?
    I don't know.

I don't know if I'm tough enough to do these 'whys'. I've already cried. That's it for now. I need a break.