Page 40 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 40

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I can't imagine ever feeling "safe". I have gained and lost so many times as well. I guess that is something I'll have to work on when I get to goal. Did you hear the big "if" in there? I thought it. I'm not sure I believe I will ever get to goal.
    Same here. I've been at this whole weight loss thing for so long it's become my life...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I totally understand that feeling!! My dh sometimes tells me he just wants to give it a rest and stop thinking about it!! He has had a weight problem since his childhood also and for a man has a very hard tme losing... But today is a new day and my mindset is open to new possibilities and better days ahead

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean. I have been over-weight my whole life, or thought I was. (Oh, if I could only go back and shake some sense into my 16-year old self. I was perfect.)
    Don't know how long it will take to adjust to being normal, either, WHEN I get there. No 'ifs' allowed on my pages. But that's a problem for later. After I have figured out 'safe'.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Last night I told him he should carry me to bed, since I now weigh less than he does. For some reason, he didn't go for it.
    I laughed at this mental image!! man, you gave him the perfect opportunity to whisk you up & carry you off to bed to have his way with you!!! And he blew it!!! lol It sounded so romantic!!! oh well.

I agree with no "if's" in my journal either. I know I will eventually get to my goal...or somewhere close...I'll let my body decide. It may just take some time. But I feel like I finally I have the right information to become healthy & at a good weight for me. Of course I'm still reading & learning.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Well, at least I was hungry.

Yesterday:

Up at 6:00
    Vitamins

1:30 2 rotisserie chicken legs
    3 chocolate coconut oil cups (3gC)
    1/2C glazed pecans (20gC!)

6:30 cauli-cheese
    lamb stew with lamb, pot roast
    carrot, celery, onion, garlic
    15 blackberries
    1 square dark chocolate

9:00 dried fruits and nuts(24gC)

Water: 11 glasses

Bed at 9:15

Nuts all over the place. Most unlike me, but I was really wanting them.

I'll call it a carb-refeed, 'cause I don't know what else to say. It wasn't a 'cheat' exactly but it sort of sprang on me from nowhere.

I have completely slipped away from my stress management, not even thinking about it(which I guess is good, stress-wise). I'm going to try and do a dry-skin brushing today, (***) and I stopped typing and did my acceptance meditation just then.

This weekend will be filled with girl scout and child-driving activities. I may be meditating a lot more.
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-13-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Emergency shot of ascorbic acid.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What is the gC behind your food items?

Yesterday I was having one of those days where I wanted to snack and snack and snack. only allowed myself to snack on primal foods - mostly protein. Worked out well I think.

I have to ask... what is dry skin brushing???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking into what veggies have tons of vit c - did you know parsley is packed with it? It's got a lot of vit k too.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

The gC stands for grams of carbohydrate. I don't count for veges, but do for extras like nuts and chocolate and higher-sugar fruits. (Berries are 'free' as far as I am concerned, but then, I find it easy to limit myself to a normal portion. Not so some other things.)

Dry skin brushing is when you use a bristle brush to brush yourself, from the outer ends of your limbs, in towards your heart. It is supposed to help your lymphatic system clear toxins among other things. It is also just feels good. Some people follow it up with alternating bursts of hot and cold water in the shower. I'm not that hard core.

Interesting about the parsley. Vitamin C really lurks in all kinds of nooks and crannies, doesn't it?

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I felt like maybe I wasn't getting enough at some points because I would want citrus so bad sometimes. Like citrus, not necessarily the sugar. I try to put fresh lemon and lime on a lot of my dishes.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods