Page 392 of 424 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4239

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 392

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I seem to have left my wintergreen Altoids fascination behind(but not before accumulating enough small tins for my Advent calendar! Yay!)

New fascination: DGL tablets and ginger. I started taking them as per Practical Paleo's advice for gut healing. At first, I shuddered every time I chewed the DGL. (Which stands for deglycyrrhizinated licorice. I have yet to look up what de-glycyrrhizination does for an item, and really, I don't care. I haven't even figured out how to pronounce it yet. I can see most of the syllable breaks, but that double 'rr' has thrown me for a loop. Is it meant to be a double, and attached to the 'r', or is it 'cyr' + 'rhiz'? And does it matter Probably not! )

In any case, I don't care for the taste of licorice. But I'm working on healing my gut, so I choked it down. I follow it with a chaser of ginger. I still don't like it, but I find it oddly satisfying. And since all things gut are getting better, bit by bit, I am going to keep it up.

And...the ginger comes in a neat tin!

P.S. First day of the fast went well. On to number two.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the fast.

I need to do some real work on healing my gut............

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    oh man I wish we lived closer, I had a bunch of tins I was saving for Dudla's to craft with, as well as those cylinders that Republic of Tea puts their tea in, bet you could have found something fun to do with those, I never did.

There's ALWAYS something fun to do with tins!

Tennessee IS on the way to Indiana. Just sayin'!

Well I think I do still have some, of various sizes. I actually don't mind sending them if I have enough to make it worth while, they don't weigh much.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I thought of you last night as I was reading PHD and they touched on the topic of autophagy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Two days down. I am expecting today to be the hardest. Not in terms of hunger, exactly, more from just wanting to eat. The habit of eating is a hard one to get over. I will try to keep busy.

I did have fun yesterday, making food for the freezer. I did paleo granola bars and lamb broth. I also prepped the sushi rice for today. I am making Littlest and Honey a nice sushi lunch and dinner. Tuna, eel, seaweed salad, and squid. Plus green tea mochi for afters. I find the food prep and smells to be very enjoyable when I am fasting. Stirring up the granola was satisfying. Textures, crunchy noises, beautiful earthy colors. Luckily, not tempting at all, taste-wise. Just fun in other ways.

Our lettuce and radishes were the first ones to pop up their head in the garden. I love seeing that hint of green.

I am just kidding about the tins. (I think.) I have enough to do with all the supplies bursting out of my own house. (But tins! Useful tins! So hard to turn down!) I don't need to be searching out more. (Unless, they're like, super good, right?) No, really!

Fell asleep on the sofa last night, about 8:15. I choose to think that was my body's way of saying, 'We have a lot of work to do in here. Now, go to sleep, so we can do it!'

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm impressed that you can cook and fast. That's one of my issues -- if I'm by myself, fasting seems easy. I struggle if the family isn't also fasting with me.

I do best when I am out and about running errands or at work.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I am just kidding about the tins. (I think.) I have enough to do with all the supplies bursting out of my own house. (But tins! Useful tins! So hard to turn down!) I don't need to be searching out more. (Unless, they're like, super good, right?) No, really!
    Welllll....if Sabine decides to not take you up on your offer I might! I am upcycling things right now into altered art for my craft shows coming up. There are some really cute ways to use them. I'm thinking you are talking about altoid tins right? My sis in law just took some tins cans I altered & some mason jars to the big antique/flea market that she does this time of year. I have shows coming up & am always on the lookout for 'stuff' to make pretty. I would reimburse you for the postage of course. But only if Sabine decides she doesn't want them!

And now back to Sabine's regularly scheduled programming!!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-26-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!