Page 39 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 39

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I have been doing some work at a local pre-school while one of their teachers is on vacation. Every day when I see what the kids are bringing for their lunches, it just makes me sad.

Macaroni and cheese mixed with corn. As if it is not bad enough on its own! Those yogurt tubes which have tons of added sugar. Jello cups. Canned fruit in syrup. Granola bars. Lunchables. Fruit 'juice' boxes with lots of corn syrup. Goldfish. Chicken nuggets. Spaghetti-os. Biscuits. Pretzels.

These are people who are spending a good amount of money to send their children to a private pre-school. I'm sure that in most or even all cases, their parents are putting thought into their child's lunch: what they 'will' eat balanced with what the parent feels is good nutrition. Everyone of them gets fruit in their lunch(even if it is canned). Cookies don't appear. And yet...and yet.

And I didn't know any better. I wish I had learned about primal/paleo eating before my kids were eating.
    This makes me want to cry~seriously!! I read this to my daughter and got her promise that when babygirl starts kindergarden this fall we will pack her lunches with Primal bread sandwhiches and fruit and cheese and veggies with homemade ranch.

wow~I never fed my kids like that but I am sure they got junk because they ate lunches at school most of the time..sad sad sad!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Never before...

...have I weighed less than my husband. He's packed on some pounds over the winter- bad weather for riding, combined with more video games, with a generous dollop of work stress and related snacking.

After my fast was over, I shared the numbers with him, and he said, 'hmm, I think you weigh less than I do.' My eyes just about bugged out. "No way!' 'Yes, I think I am up around 200.' Well, I didn't believe that, but I suggested we weigh ourselves on the same scale when we went to the gym.

Well, tonight is gym night and I am...1.8 pounds lighter than he is!!!!!!! Flipping out inside, and very pleased. Also, someone noticed yesterday that I've lost weight.

theprimalcajun is online now Senior Member
    oh yay sabine!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I was always heavier than my honey too...but not anymore!!! woo hoo!!!
    so that means you have left those 200 numbers forever???? Isn't that an awesome feeling!!!??? For me that was a huge milestone! Now I feel like its all downhill from here!! lol
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It was a shocker for my husband to realize this as well. Even worse, he has gotten as high as my starting weight. He is 6'3" to my 5'10" however. I put all my Paleo books on a shelf in our living room. Hopefully, he'll start reading. :P
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I have the best commenters

PrimalCajun- Your comment made me really think. I am happy, but...
    I was 1.8 pounds lighter on the gym scale, and it was evening. The actual numbers were 192.8 and 191.0. (I knew he couldn't be 200!) I'm using the grocery store scale in the morning as my 'official' weight. On that, I am in the 180s. However, I do NOT feel as if I am out of the 200s forever. I have been down and gone up before. My lowest after discovering low-carb(and before I also discovered low-carb 'products, so ipso facto nearly primal- only eating real foods') was 179. I have gone up over and down below 200 several times since then.
    I'm wondering, when will I feel 'safe'? That I have learned ,and changed myself enough that I won't have it in the back of my mind that it could all return?
    Guess I won't really know until it happens, but I am hoping after a significant amount of time (a year?) with only PLANNED indulgences, I will feel that way. I never said to myself, 'oh, I'm giving up eating this way that makes me feel better'. I always just slipped/gave in/ate emotionally, and was never able to jump back on the wagon. No, I kept slipping, and the next thing I knew, I was feeling like crap and fatter than ever.
    Do you feel like you know you will never go back? Is there anything you can point to as the moment you KNEW?

Pebbles-I am slowly working on my husband. He gets fed primally at home, so it is only the extras he buys for himself. But, boy, oh boy, does he love his extras. I don't nag, because one, I am still overweight and out of shape, who am I to give advice, and two, who wants to be nagged, but I am hoping that he will someday let go of the soda, chips, snack cakes, and crackers. Also, he seems pretty healthy. I don't like the gut, from a health point of view(dangers of carrying your extra in your stomach and all that) but everything else is good.
    He doesn't seem bothered by weighing more than I do, although he is 5'7" to my 5'8", mostly pleased that I am happy. He also thinks that surely I have weighed less than he has before, but I have always been aware of this, and I know, nope. And as well, he is PACKED with muscle. He is like a ROCK under his skin and any fat, bikes like a maniac, and lifts VERY, VERY heavy things at the gym. That muscle has got to weigh a ton!

Here was yesterday:

Up at 5:00
    Vitamins

1:00 1 plate sashimi
    1/2C rice
    1/4C seaweed salad
    1C creme brulee

gym-3 miles walking
    lift heavy things

8:20 3 BBBB
    2 Coconut oil chocolates

Water: 13 glasses

Bed at 9:00

Did not eat as much sashimi as I usually do, but more creme brulee. A couple of the rolls tasted SWEET to me, so I think I will skip them from now on. Sweet is not a taste I want with my fish. They never have before: I think I might be getting more sensitive to that kind of stuff. Yay, on one hand, and sad to say good-bye to sushi rolls on the other. Anyone else feel that way as they slowly let go of bad habits and non-primal food? Also, I felt peckish after the gym, so I ate, which I usually don't.

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    When will we feel safe?

In my case, I think completely safe - never! However, I am slowly ending my internal connection between self worth and weight, and I think that when I have established that, I will at least be saf-er.

I didn't feel worthless and sad because I weighed 250 pounds. I weighed 250 pounds because I felt worthless. I have been clinically depressed at 250, 150 and every weight in between, and I have hated myself at every imaginable weight. I hope that my softly unfolding like for myself will bloom, and when it does, I may just find better things to obsess about than weight and food. Honestly, I am well on my way.

I like your jornal Sabine. It makes me think!

Hanna- best compliment ever! Thank you.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, I'm sure I don't have to explain the disadvantages of weighing later in the day... and I'm sure I don't have to explain that every scale is different... and I'm betting you're smart enough and been in the game long enough to know that the weight that matters is the one that is calculated by the scale you use most often. But I thought I would mentioned them anyway.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yes, that's why our gym weigh-in was for person-to-person comparison only.
    Last night I told him he should carry me to bed, since I now weigh less than he does. For some reason, he didn't go for it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I can't imagine ever feeling "safe". I have gained and lost so many times as well. I guess that is something I'll have to work on when I get to goal. Did you hear the big "if" in there? I thought it. I'm not sure I believe I will ever get to goal.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67