Page 38 of 417 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 38

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a terrible time fighting my mind when it decides it wants to eat. My mind is so devious and deceitful that it actually tricks me into FEELING hunger. our minds are pretty freaking powerful!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If only they would use their powers for good, not evil!

Aaaargghhhhh!

I finally hit up on a sure-fire way to get hungry: I decided not to eat until dinner. Sure enough, about an hour before dinner time, I began getting hungry. Yay!

Dinner was to be a good assortment of leftovers. Pot roast, lox, stir-fry chicken, broccoli with olives. I was going to enjoy myself.

Except, at 5:45 I got a call. 'Where are you?' I was supposed to be at Girl Scouts with Littlest! We both completely forgot! I grabbed some food to scarf down on the way, and we were off.

It was not really enough, except it was. I ate my pittance, and my stomach was satisfied. My mind was another matter. When we got home, I ate some more. Not hungry, but wanting to enjoy the food.

So, not the best of days.

Here's how it went:

Up at 5:30
    Vitamins

6:00pm(!) lox
    hard-boiled egg
    1 chocolate coconut oil cup

8:00 more lox
    3 chocolate coconut oil cups(3gC)

Bed at 9:15

I hate it when my body says I'm not hungry but my brain is unsatisfied... It's such a struggle to ignore our brain, while our body is easily ignored.

What is in your chocolate coconut oil cups???

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, glad to read your fast (and breaking it) went so well! And interesting to see the numbers .

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post

What is in your chocolate coconut oil cups???
    Me curious too
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I know I've been meaning to try something like this: Smashed Peas and Carrots: Chocolate Coconut Cups {Gluten and Dairy Free}-RECIPE
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

The link on Lex's recipe wouldn't open for me, but I use Winencandy's formula:
    1 part chocolate of the sweetness level desired. I use 1/2 bitter, 1/2 semi.
    2 parts coconut oil.
    Melt together, and pour into candy molds(Winencandy uses hearts, and swears it makes them taste better) or little paper candy cups. Refrigerate. Mine work out to just less than 1 gram carbohydrate per cup. (I don't track/count carbs for the veges or few fruits I eat, just the 'extras' like nuts and chocolate.)
    I love them, and so do my two daughters. Sometimes I make little almond butter cups, by putting a dab of the creamy goodness inside. Divine.

Bringing up baby

I have been doing some work at a local pre-school while one of their teachers is on vacation. Every day when I see what the kids are bringing for their lunches, it just makes me sad.

Macaroni and cheese mixed with corn. As if it is not bad enough on its own! Those yogurt tubes which have tons of added sugar. Jello cups. Canned fruit in syrup. Granola bars. Lunchables. Fruit 'juice' boxes with lots of corn syrup. Goldfish. Chicken nuggets. Spaghetti-os. Biscuits. Pretzels.

These are people who are spending a good amount of money to send their children to a private pre-school. I'm sure that in most or even all cases, their parents are putting thought into their child's lunch: what they 'will' eat balanced with what the parent feels is good nutrition. Everyone of them gets fruit in their lunch(even if it is canned). Cookies don't appear. And yet...and yet.

And I didn't know any better. I wish I had learned about primal/paleo eating before my kids were eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    I know I've been meaning to try something like this: Smashed Peas and Carrots: Chocolate Coconut Cups {Gluten and Dairy Free}-RECIPE
    I totally made something "like" this the other night. I melted some dark chocolate chips in the microwave and tossed in a bunch of coconut and mixed it all together. I topped it with a saucy rendition of whipped cream (it wasn't exactly whipped to a fluffy consistency, which is fine by me) and topped with strawberries. It was a DIVINE little dessert! I think next time I'll melt some coconut oil in it too to keep the soft chocolate texture.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I have a terrible time fighting my mind when it decides it wants to eat. My mind is so devious and deceitful that it actually tricks me into FEELING hunger. our minds are pretty freaking powerful!
    ME TOO!!!! My mind can actually give me audible hunger growls *shaking head* I mean really~