Page 37 of 435 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 37

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Also noticed yesterday that a skirt I haven't worn since last summer, when it was tight around my hips, is pleasantly loose.
    Perfect!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Where did the walking go?

This was yesterday:

Up at 4:30 (dogs!)
    Vitamins

8:15 2 eggs scrambled topped with
    2T salsa
    1/3 sweet potato and
    4 mushrooms fried in
    coconut oil
    3 pork sausages

1:45 2 beef patties with
    tomato slices
    blue cheese

4:15 smoothie made with coconut milk
    1/4C frozen raspberries
    1/2 banana

6:15 3 slices roast lamb
    broccoli sauteed in
    coconut oil with
    roasted red and orange peppers, kalamata olives, garlic
    blue cheese
    3 squares dark chocolate

Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 9:00

Was feeling in the mood for sweet yesterday, hence the smoothie and chocolate. Had to restrain myself from eating more than 3 squares, because it tasted so fantastic. Walked away to another room and stayed there, reading, until I felt able to be in the kitchen to wash dishes without pouncing.

Felt very good through out the day: lots of energy, positive mood. Having my clothes be looser sure helped. My general body state doesn't seem much different, though I will mention, now that I am eating again, I realize my teeth felt fantastically clean while I was fasting. Now they are getting the typical little roughness (though of course, not the mega-roughness I find when I am eating grains and other starch/sugars).

Of my meals today, I was really only HUNGRY for lunch. I ate breakfast because I was going off to work, and wanted to fuel up, and not be struck by food desire while I was working. In the afternoon, I wanted something sweet. And dinner, well, it was dinner time. Will do better today.

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    Don't we all LOVE pleasantly loose!

I'm amazed by your fast. Won't do it myself, though. I am afraid it would wake up some sleeping eating disorder dragons!

/H

So glad I don't have those issues. And yet, I worry about setting something off for my daughters through my example. I'm glad they mostly showed absolutely zero interest in what I was doing.

Fasting numbers

So, I weighed myself daily throughout the fast, out of curiosity to see what no calorie intake would do with my weight. We have all had the experience of being 'super good' and gaining, or 'bad' and losing, so we know there is more going on that just what we ingest. But I wanted to see.

Wednesday..191.0 Finished my last meal by 2:00pm
    Thursday.....190.0
    Friday.........189.0
    Saturday.....186.5
    Sunday.......188.0 Began eating at 6:30am, after I weighed in.
    Monday.......187.0 After a day of eating
    Tuesday......187.5

Naturally, the drop of 2.5 pounds was exciting. Then to go up a pound and a half while still not eating, puzzling. Ditto, dropping back down after beginning eating. Really, why do we even use numbers?

My next regular weigh-in will be this Sunday, the 15th. I am hoping and expecting (not from the fasting, but just my regular behavior) that my weight will be down a couple few pounds. Although I AM curious to see if my weight will gradually creep back up to or near my 'starting' weight of 191, or level off at a pound or two under, I will not weigh again until my regular weigh-in. Any weight loss from the fast will be a bonus. And I can't see if my fast achieved what I really have as my goal: cellular rest and renewal. That will be a long-term thing, seeing if I feel better, if my body reacts better, and maybe, if my weight-loss pattern accelerates.

Thus ends the weighing.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    great report Sabine! Thanks for sharing your results, very interesting! I didn't weigh yesterday before I broke my 24 hr. fast. Just didn't care really. Will weigh Sunday too. Just curious & you don't have to answer if you don't want to...do you have any "health" issues? I don't remember if you've ever mentioned any or not. Like type 2...thyroid...high blood pressure...just curious in how that relates to your loss during your fast.

have an awesome day!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a good fast Sabine! It is fascinating what the scale (and our body) get up to. It would be so amazing to be able to watch a documentary on your own body with the narrator giving us all the insights. "and here you see your cells were experiencing such and such because of the fast and therefore they hung onto some extra water - but this hormone increased over the next 13 hours and then your body let go and you lost 2.5 lbs ..." As much as we now 'understand' about how our bodies work they are still the most incredibly intricate and mysterious organisms and they are very good at keeping us guessing!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the detailed report, Sabine. I am also intrigued by your gain while not eating... unless it was just water?? Overall, nice loss. Hopefully it sticks.

I hope the fasting helped your body concentrate less on ridding waste and more on cellular growth. It seems both intuitive and counterintuitive to use a fast to facilitate cellular growth. one would think that cellular growth would require some sort of nourishment to happen, but at the same time, how can our bodies concentrate on cellular growth and repair if it's also concentrating on insulin production, glycolosis, digestion, blood pumping, etc? Hopefully it works for you so you can avoid the cancer that runs in your family.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Back at y'all!

PrimalCajun- I don't have any severe issues (that I know about- we don't have insurance, so I don't go to a doctor unless I am super worried or something is sticking out through my skin!) The last time I had blood work, it all looked good except for slightly high cholesterol. I no longer give a flip about that.

I have minor issues, some of which I didn't even realize I had, until I started eating, first low-carb, and then primal. I guess I was just so used to feeling that way. Since improving my eating I no longer have the mystery chest and stomach pains, I am not as tired as I used to be, my mood has improved, I don't get heartburn or 'twisty stomach', my skin is better. Several people have told me I am 'glowing' (no, I am NOT pregnant!). Fewer allergies, and what I still have seems to be helping my body, rather than dragging it down(not to get too graphic, but I get the yucky stuff out of my lungs much better).

Still on the table is my weight (I am 5'8", 191lbs coming down from 211, about 40% fat), energy level(while much better than it used to be, I feel there is better yet waiting in store for me), and probably some more minor things that I won't know were bothering me until they are gone. Oh, and my periods are better too, less cramping, though I might be more bloaty. This month I suddenly felt fat, got my period early a day later, and I'm wondering if it was pre-menstrual bloat. Maybe I am finally getting thin enough that I can notice it.

Coll- I SO want my own narrator!

Jenn- It's something about the cell walls becoming temporarily less permeable. Apparently they get the equivalent of cabin fever, and start fixing up the place, since they can't go shopping. Yes, that is not very technical. But it is the image I got in my head when I read the science. And I guess we've got plenty of supplies for fix-it-up projects in our cells. We just have to go out for the tacky tchatchkes.

Grumpy face

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After all the eating without hunger yesterday, I thought I should wait until I was hungry before I ate today. Seems reasonable.

1:35pm.

I'm still waiting.

All that delicious food in the fridge, waiting for me, and...nothing. My mind wants to eat, but my body keeps saying, 'no, I'm good'.

Off to do some errands to see if that helps. If not, I might have to resort to running with the dogs.