Page 351 of 415 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 351

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I know what I'll do! I'll stop obsessing over trying to lose weight! I'll use my brain energy to think about how to burn body energy - what kind of play will fill my free time - where we will go on the weekends - and what my next gardening project will be! I'll spend my thoughts searching for wonderful trails to explore with my husband --- beautiful lakes to kayak around --- and beaches to take long slow walks on! I will be very, very happy to reach my goal and be able to STOP thinking about losing weight and reaching my health goals. I will just concentrate on maintaining those goals! Happy Dancing nekid in front of the mirror!
    But don't you already do all that stuff in addition to thinking about weight loss? I mean, even when you finally reach your goals, I can't imagine you can stop thinking about it b/c if you do, or at least, if I do, I'm afraid I'll start gaining again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    But don't you already do all that stuff in addition to thinking about weight loss? I mean, even when you finally reach your goals, I can't imagine you can stop thinking about it b/c if you do, or at least, if I do, I'm afraid I'll start gaining again.
    well - I do to a point........... but I would like to do it with more "intention" and less "dreaming" I suppose! And - nope, I don't Happy Dance nekid..... but I plan to!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. Gave in to more treats yesterday. It was an up Day, so I don't feel bad calorie-wise, but I was trying to let the carbs clear out from my system, so I do feel kind of bad about that.

And what do we do when we feel bad?

Look for more snacks to cram in our face.

Sigh.

There was also some stress eating. Just a lot going on, and some emotions connected with it that I reflexively tried to bury in food. Potato salad, which led to cookies, which led to chocolate, which led to stollen.

Such is life.

Looking to do a reasonable Down Day today, but aware that I might dive into snacks. There are still so many in the house.

Not going to beat myself up about it.

I am also doing lots of yard work today. We are hiring a cherry-picker on Monday, and doing tree trimming and felling. In preparation for this, we are clearing all the already down limbs into piles away from the work areas, and cutting back all the trumpet vine on the section of fence that we have to take down to get the equipment through. Honey is still cutting the big pieces into smaller. Man, do trees have a lot of volume to them.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    You are sounding great Sabine! You are inspiring! I am thinking of trying your 'up day/ down day' stuff now that I know there is no issue with my thyroid after all! I am going to have to go back in your journal to find out more - unless you want to give me a quick run down
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sabine, sounds like a lovely balanced Christmas was had - a fair mix of making conscious decisions and enjoying things. Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I actually did quite well for the big meal itself, it was the leftover goodies that got me in the end, Luckily for me I left them behind, don't think I could manage until they were not around any more.

Leftovers are the devil!

The delicious, delicious devil!

So tired this evening. Today we cut down five trees, which are now spread in various sizes, all over our backyard. I hauled, and lugged, and chopped. Now I'm doing a quick internet catch-up before I have a bath. Then I will veg in front of the tv before collapsing into bed.

Christmastime was certainly enjoyed. I ate more than I planned to, but I'm not strung out about it. Today's Down Day was pretty darned easy (amazing how doing yardwork for ten hours keeps you away from the kitchen), and I feel like I will get back into the swing of rotations without too much drama.

Coll, here's the quick rundown of how JUDDD(Johnson's Up Day Down Day) works. I highly recommend the book, 'The Alternate Day Diet' by James Johnson. He also has a website at alternatedaydiet.com. And the JUDDD page on lowcarbfriends forum is excellent.

On Up Days you eat as you normally would. Dr. Johnson's site has a calculator to tell you how many calories your body size/activity level requires, but essentially you just eat to satisfaction. Don't stuff yourself, but don't skimp, either. Some people count their calories on Up Days, but I do not.

On Down Days, limit your calories to up to 20% of your normal food amount. For most people, that's between 400 and 600 calories.

Alternate between Up and Down Days.

You do NOT need to eat all your calories on your Down Days but you DO need to eat a normal amount on your Up Days. Do not restrict on your Up Days(at least, not more than once in a while) as the plan seems to work best if there is a decided difference between Up and Down Days. Otherwise, you are just doing a low-calorie every day diet, and we all know how long those are endurable.

Average weight lost is one pound per week, after the first downward surge.

Weigh every day, and average your weights. Or do not weigh at all for a good chunk of time (3-4 weeks). Most people have 'swings' of 3-4 pounds between Up and Down Days, and it can be disconcerting. Weekly weighing is too likely to give you weights that are not representative of your actual loss.

My personal tips- keeping low-carb on Up Days, helps the subsequent Down Days go easier. High-protein Down Days also help. Plan lots of activities on your Down Days. Enjoy your food on Up Days as real meals not snacks.

I have had such good success with this that I think it is well worth trying to see if it works for you.

Happy New Year!

Here we all are, on the starting side of 2014.

Health-type goals for the year:

Get down to 154, maintain there for three months, then get down to 140.
    Keep working on resolving the pains. Yay for doctor's visits!
    EXERCISE for 30 minutes on the mornings after Down Days.
    Buy some pastured pork in bulk this spring.
    Try out raw milk from the local dairy.
    Sunbathe.
    Take a class to exercise my brain.

That seems good.

Starting off with a Down Day today as that is my regular rotation. I'm having water, and some of the Christmas Turkey Bone Broth. It is a beautiful, golden brown, completely deserving of Capital Letters, and I am looking forward to sipping some.

I'm taking down the decorations, little by little, as I watch the parade. Also doing some knitting and basket weaving. Dishes are already DONE! Amazing.

Whoa!

Just was browsing in the Odds and Ends page in the Plus-size Barbie thread. I only read the first three pages, but I can see why it got locked down so quickly. People were raging!

Too bad, because I would have liked to discuss the topic, but in a normal, calm, kind of way. Also, 28 pages in just a few days!? Wowza!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year! Excellent doable goals.