Page 35 of 414 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 35

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Is it wierd that I switched to flavorless chapstick for my fast?

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, looks like you're doing great on your fast! I admire you (and all other people fasting), just like Jenn I couldn't imagine doing such a long fast. I am considering a 24h fast, but not immediately yet .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

More fasting- 65 hours in

This fasting sure makes for short entries:

Up at 5:30
    Vitamins
    Water: 16 glasses
    1 hour walking
    Bed at 10:00

I got pinched for time, and didn't get to post before I went out last night. My plan to keep myself busy worked; I barely got everything done before my ride showed up! But I DID finish the quilt top, very satisfying, and showed it to my friends. Also did a lot of reading on the forum, and chores around the house. Also made a frustrating trip to Home Depot, where every ten steps someone popped out of the walls to ask how I was doing, did I need any help, had I found what I was looking for. Usually it is hard to find someone to help you- this is the opposite extreme. I resorted to the self-checkout, which I usually HATE, just so I wouldn't have to make polite chit-chat with one more person. Maybe this is their ploy to get people to use it. But I digress(what else is new?).

Fasting news: I WAS hungry throughout the day. I could ignore it, but it always came back, a little soft request for food.

At 11:30 and 1:30 I felt a light-headed. I sat down, drank some more water, and it passed.

My stomach gave actual GROWLS at 1:30, 3:15, and 4:45. It was peeved. However, I noticed that the first of these came only after 47 1/2 hours of no food. Seems it takes a lot to get my stomach peeved. And it doesn't hold a grudge: after 4:45, not a peep. No, wait, I forgot. It growled once more while I was at my friend's, while everyone else was eating. Can't blame it for that: the food smelled delicious.

I used my lie twice. A friend called last minute to see if I wanted to go to lunch. I regretfully turned her down, saying I was getting over a stomach thing (why today?! I would love to go to lunch and hang out!). And as everyone was serving themselves for dinner I made my excuses to the hostess, giving my story. We were sitting casual style, so no one else even noticed I wasn't eating, or they didn't say anything, which is even better. Best of all, dessert was store cookies, which smelled great- cinnamony- but didn't tempt me at all with their looks, so I didn't have to ask for some 'to go'.

I made pot roast, potatoes, and gravy for the family before I left, and felt detached from the food. No desire to taste, didn't notice the smells, even. I have a vague hope that there will be some leftovers for Sunday or Monday, but I can always make pot roast again. What a concept. I don't have to partake of every pot roast that comes by!

I discovered I do not care for naturally alkaline water. Had to pep up the Eternal water with lemon juice and Himalyan salt. The Fuji was okay, but I don't love it, as PrimalCajun does. (More for her!) And Perrier is too fizzy. The Pellegrino, though- delicious! The MetroMint was...strange. I tasted the mint, nice, but then kept having a coconut after-taste, which was puzzling. I would drink it again for a fast, but not as a regular thing.

And last, for all the water I was drinking, I did not feel I was going to the bathroom THAT often. My pee was normal color, and only got very light at the end of the evening. Wondering if this means more toxins are being flushed out of my body. Also wondering if I am getting a little wacky, noticing my pee. And writing about it!

The Fathead website has a very interesting video clip up, about a doctor who alleviated some of her husband's Alzheimer symptoms with a diet rich in coconut oil. Much to consider. Not least, how pharmeceutical(how do you spell this, anyway? Nothing I try works!) companies will try to turn this into a pill, so that people don't have to go to the 'bother' of changing how they eat.

I went for my walk to the store(peeps for Easter and my weigh-in) and felt very bubble-headed, as though my mental processes were floating along behind me, and I was strictly a physical creature. Interesting.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    You are doing fantastic on your fast, I am thinking I may fast today since Easter is tomorrow.. Hmmm may have to consider this. I love fasting whether it is one day or 3 days.. I love that you learned you can let a pot roast go by How cute was that?

Have an awesome Easter girl!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    When MDA suggests fasting, it's never for more than 24 hours. There's one-day fasts, alternate days fasts, but where did the multi-day fast ideas come from?
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    wow Sabine!!! how awesome you've lasted this long!!! Do you have a plan to stop fasting on a certain date?
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    When MDA suggests fasting, it's never for more than 24 hours. There's one-day fasts, alternate days fasts, but where did the multi-day fast ideas come from?
    The one story of the guy who fasted for two hundred and some odd days that mark posted a few weeks ago... I agree that longer than a day can be a concern from a nutritional standpoint but really as long as you are still nutritionally covered (vitamins n whatnot) it should be relatively safe. It is also a way to force your body into ketosis if you feel like you are getting off track sugarwise... I always figured that religious fasting was put in place in order to keep people healthy and focused. In moderation (I'm thinking every 2 weeks) I'd see nothing wrong with a 24-36 hour fast. Maybe a bit longer... Just as long as you're fasting out of primal health and not as a means to calorie restrict. I did a 36er after the maple syrup festival then loaded up on protein after so that I made sure my body knows where to light the fire. Don't wanna go thinking that sugar is food again... And I like the 36 hour fast myself only because If I finish eating at 8pm one night I don't want to restart at 8pm the next (seems to late). I'd rather wait til the next morning after a fast day and eat at 8am. Feel like I'd screw up my food clock if I started late in the eve... hope that all made sense... it's late so it's a half ramble but I saw this come up on my blackberry earlier and wanted to get back to it.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, how are you doing now? Did you end your fast, and how?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)