Page 346 of 423 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4228

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 346

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My goal for the end of the year is to be on regular rotations. I expect that I will be around 160, but the weight is not so important to me right now, just keeping on track.

That said, I am seeing that I should hit my first goal (154) somewhere around Valentine's Day. Looking forward to it. That will be 48 pounds in just under a year. Looking ahead, that doesn't sound quick, but looking back, the time has flown by. And if I hadn't found this method, and done it, I am certain I would still be up in the 190s.

I like this better!

Off to deliver banana bread.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I sort of feel like my rotations, or some reasonable version of them are a given for the rest of my life. This is the most positive I have felt about a diet plan ever.

I am of the same mind.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am doing my first fast day today since September. It feels great. I am making it work with the Leptin Reset by eating my big breakfast and then fasting to the next breakfast.

You ladies inspired me to get back to it. I have also been reading some posts by dilberry hounddog about adaptation theory. Interesting stuff. Basically it is about changing up the eating plan to keep our metabolism on its toes. I think your ADF experiences bear this out
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.

I should go look at those posts. I think it makes sense that we need to shake things up. If the only constant is change, it would be counter productive to provide our bodies with an artificial stability. If it weren't for social constraints, I think it would be a good exercise to do fast days randomly, just drawing slips of paper from a bowl, say 4 fasting days, and five eating ones. Sometimes it might be every other day, other times you might get a chunk of fasting or eating together. that would definitely keep your body guessing. But I like my schedule too much.

I hope your fast has gone well. I think the breakfast to breakfast plan is a good one for your leptin reset plan. Still getting what you need to keep your binge situation under control, but maximizing the fasting period. Do you think you will do it regularly, or just when you feel like a shake-up?

Once a week for now.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I agree Sabine. The fasts, while not easy, actually do feel good. Glad to have you on board with us, P.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Once a week sounds like a good rhythm to try. Have you read 'The Paleo Manifesto' yet? I love his section on religious/societal fasting. You might be interested in it.

Yesterday was a fasting Down Day for me, and I did get hungry by the end of it. (Can you say fudge on Saturday?) But I used what has become to be a very helpful phrase, 'Hunger is not an emergency'. It gives me permission to feel the hunger without freaking out about it. 'Yes, I am hungry' I tell myself. and 'I can eat tomorrow morning'. Strangely, it really does help. I never would have thought so back in the day.

Also, good for my spirit to note: I can go for eight days without food, and not be really hungry at all, and yet ONE DAY of poor eating sets me up for 'hunger' after 20 hours. Something isn't jibing here. A good lesson on what bad food will do to your hunger-sensing system.

And, in exciting news for the day...my waist measurement is now half of my height! 34" to 68". This is supposed to be one of the new indicators for heart health/carrying the right amount of abdominal fat/what-have-you, and I am pleased to reach it.

Yeah on the waist to height measurement! Me too. I am 70 inches and have a 35 inch waist.

As to fasting, I can't do more than about 22 hours due to the blood thinners I take. My blood will get too thin.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-16-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Next big project:

Hugelkultur!

Google and be amazed.

I am hauling logs from the front yard to the backyard for it today.