Page 343 of 424 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4237

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 343

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sabine are you taking in any calories or is it a total fast?

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Heehee. I didn't know anyone was waiting for numbers.

Well, first, let me say that I am NOT doing this to hasten my weight loss. But, as everyone who is trying to lose weight knows, you still pay attention and are glad of any incidental weight decrease. It's just human nature.

Here are my numbers, from a couple of days before Thanksgiving, so you can see the trends:

166.0 11/25
    163.5 11/26
    166.0 11/27
    166.5 11/28
    169.0 11/29
    172.0 11/30
    167.5 12/1
    166.0 12/2
    164.0 12/3
    161.5 12/4
    161.0 12/5

So, I've gotten rid of all my Thanksgiving bloat, and am a couple-few pounds below my latest normal post-Down Day weight.

I am feeling very good, except for the occasional hunger pang. I think it helps that I am pretty low-carb in my normal life. There have been no sugar crashes to deal with, just the extra hunger that first day, when my body was wanting more PIE.

I'm still being nourished; my body is just taking it off my thighs.

Thanks for your interest and support, all. It is good to get on the forum and interact with people about this in a non-judgmental way. Not that anyone has been on my case about it, but I think that is because only two people know.

Okay, and here's a funny thing. I revived the 'fasting' thread when I started this. There has been almost no response (just one) and yet when I checked the views, there were more than 200 for yesterday! Yowza. So, I guess some people are interested in fasting accounts, but just not chatty about it.
    Wooooo girl! Look at those numbers! Awesome! Thanks for posting them.

I think we are mature enough and well-read enough to know what our bodies can handle and also, if whatever we are doing is temporary until we get to our goal weight, then I say we continue to go for it. Hopefully no one here will try to fit us into their boxes. We are grown women with families and responsibilities. We aren't going to risk our health.

But yeah the numbers don't lie when it comes to fasting, for 1 day or two or five. And it's actually healthy every now and then, based on every thing I've read all of my life, including CW.

I am planning a fast in 2 weeks, on a day we will be out running errands. I am not even tempted when we are out, even when DD eats something delicious and aromatic in the car. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to fast sometime between now and then, too. Maybe another 46-er.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    It is a total fast: only water. I sprang for distilled water this time, as several people have recommended it(supposedly better for attracting the electrons of toxins). But no lemon juice or salt this time. Which I feel a little weird(mentally, not physically) about, but hey, it's just a trial!

Quick check-in from the library

The storm iced us in, and shut off our power. Very cold at home (45 degrees in the house, 32 outside), so we are mostly huddlingtogether to keep warm. When we are not cutting up enormous branches and hauling them around the yard.
    Longer post when we have power at home. Everyone stay safe and warm.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks for checking in, I have been thinking about you!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Cold down here too south of you Sabine. It's in the upper 20's & misting. I'm hoping DS finds a friends couch this evening when he gets off. I don't want him driving if the roads are icy. (He's a bartender & doesn't get off till 2 am!). We haven't had the freezing rain & ice that others have had...& still have power. But you know how it is in our beloved state...the weather changes minute by minute! lol. I hope you guys can stay warm!!

I'm wondering about the fasting thing. Some of the things that I have read recently says that when you fast, the body goes into a starvation mode...& even tho one thinks that they are fasting the body takes the nourishment it needs by breaking down muscle tissue...& not the fat that some people think. I know this is a controversial subject, & was just curious what others here think. I tried fasting once before I found out about my thyroid issues, but always worried about the whole losing muscle thing...& the body's need for fuel. I guess it's like everything else...what works for one...etc....& I have not read any of the fasting thread. I was just worried for you Sabine, since you haven't eaten anything for 5 days. That's me...the worry wart! lol.

Congrats on the good numbers tho!

Warm hugs!!! 😀
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 12-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The storm iced us in, and shut off our power. Very cold at home (45 degrees in the house, 32 outside), so we are mostly huddlingtogether to keep warm. When we are not cutting up enormous branches and hauling them around the yard.
    Longer post when we have power at home. Everyone stay safe and warm.
    Wow! I hope the electricity in your area is restored soon! Glad you all are OK...
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are doing okay. Thinking of you. Stay warm and safe!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sabine I am glad you have others to snuggle with in the cold! Hope your power comes on soon...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday, noon. Still no power. Brrrr!

I broke my fast yesterday. It went well. I ate:

1/2 pear
    1/2 pear
    1/2 pear
    12oz cod fried in ghee
    2 slices ham, a scoop of potato casserole, a scoop of creamed spinach, a slice of cheesecake(at a party).

Embarrassed to say I did not even THINK about the virgin restrictions, I was so happy to be somewhere warm, eating good food.

Feeling fine.

Will post more when I have power again.