Page 341 of 413 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 4125

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 341

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, I am planning what to have, and when, as I resume eating. I'm going to keep to the four-day rotation thing, as well as JUDDD, and just to make things more fun, figured this would be a good time to avoid the seven things J.J.Virgin says to drop(corn, soy, wheat, sugar and AS, peanuts, dairy, eggs). After all, I'll already have a start on the 21 days.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My DS hates group projects for that very reason, he always got the deadbeat partner! When I was in college, in the Architecture school, we did tons of group projects, but at the end of the project we had to anonymously grade each other and give very specific reasons for the grading as part of what we turned in. It helped keep people honest about doing their fair share.
    We did this too. Each group member was supposed to grade/evaluate/review the work done by everyone else on the group. The feedback was secret, seen only by the instructor and was used in weighing the overall project grade the students received.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So you're doing the Virgin Diet? I really would like to try that but eggs are such a base of my diet. I hope it works for you. I'm anxious for you see a doctor about these pains - they have been going on for a long time with no apparent relief from food changes, or depravation so I don't really think its diet related. It could be an ulcer. Are you having any dark tarry stools? That's not always connected to the presence of an ulcer, but its a definite sign. Have you made the appointment yet? If you know you will be covered started on a certain day -- I suggest calling and making an appointment for that day or the next.

And yes --- I agree with the others - you seem to get much more done than I do! Or, maybe I just have less to do in general. My house is tidy and for all purposes, clean As is my yard. So I'm not going to compare - but still!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I think it's easier to keep a clean tidy house when only two people live in it and there's little or no home improvement going on. My house is a mess - but a clean mess, if that makes any sense.

Those of us that work think we don't get anything done in comparison to Sabine b/c she gets a lot of things done at home, whereas we have limited home hours to get things done, and 8 of those are used for sleeping... so naturally, she's going to get more done than us - but if we really wanted to be technical about it, we're comparing apples to oranges b/c while she's working at home, we're working at work... We're completing the same amount of stuff (maybe), but the purpose of the work is different... at work I get a lot done... at home, not so much. Sabine gets a lot done at home, but not so much at work.

So while I'm also impressed by what she can get done at home and I'm envious that she's able to and wish I could knock out home to do lists equally as long, our productivity is probably pretty equivalent, really. That being said, though, I sooooo wish I was a stay at home mom with kids in school. I'd get so much more done AT HOME in relation to what I get done now. And quite honestly, home productivity is more important to me, so it always feels like it's lacking.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    the logic is reasonable, except for me I was a stay at home mom, and I don't remember finishing as many projects (well, maybe), and I only work 25 hours a week, and my kids are gone, I really need to get my bum in gear! I plan to start using my new day off (Thursday) to do all the errands and housework, and use my 3 days in a row for projects, once the new year gets here. Then I can compete with Sabine

the logic is reasonable, except for me I was a stay at home mom, and I don't remember finishing as many projects (well, maybe), and I only work 25 hours a week, and my kids are gone, I really need to get my bum in gear! I plan to start using my new day off (Thursday) to do all the errands and housework, and use my 3 days in a row for projects, once the new year gets here. Then I can compete with Sabine
    And I will be thoroughly jealous of you as well. I don't get anywhere near enough time at home with a full time work schedule and a 1 hour commute each way (gone from home for approximately 11 hours). It really sucks. I wish we weren't so bad off financially (it's of our own doing - we just need to fix it) so I could take a different job with different hours - or a different job closer to home that doesn't necessarily have to pay as much as this one does. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is what it boils down to.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, your review got through and thanks so much for your positive words Very kind!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And I will be thoroughly jealous of you as well. I don't get anywhere near enough time at home with a full time work schedule and a 1 hour commute each way (gone from home for approximately 11 hours). It really sucks. I wish we weren't so bad off financially (it's of our own doing - we just need to fix it) so I could take a different job with different hours - or a different job closer to home that doesn't necessarily have to pay as much as this one does. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is what it boils down to.
    I readily admit I live a charmed life. DH has a CPA so very little chance that we won't make the most of what we make. I was also able to convince him when I got pregnant that we would actually be better off (both from a financial standpoint and a stress level standpoint) if I was a stay at home. The agreement was I would go back to work when the kids got older and my salary would pay for their college. Since the economy tanked just as I started looking I am particularly lucky that my children not only chose to go to a state school, but they also got very handsome scholarships, so my part time work ends up pretty easily covering costs. Had that not been the case, I would have had to get another job, or live with a husband who bitched constantly.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    ...Then I can compete with Sabine
    It's a homemaker throwdown!

Coll, I'm glad it went through. Sometimes the pages just leave you hanging, and you aren't sure if what was supposed to happen, did. I love my owl. It had an adventure the other day, and went through the washer and dryer. Still looks great!

Remember my New Year's Resolution of a project per day, six days a week? Well, it didn't make it past February, but I have got a lot done this year. I should tally up before the end of the year.

I would be very sad to have to give up eggs and dairy(in particular) permanently, but I can definitely give it a three week trial. And then switch to pastured eggs. Maybe I should try raw milk when I start up again. We are lucky enough to have that available to us. I'm afraid that i could never go back, though, and that could get expensive. Honey, Middlest, and Littlest are all big milk drinkers. Hmmm, wonder what a gallon of it runs?...

...$9.00 per gallon. So, a little over 1 1/2 times the cost. Not TOO bad. But what if it tastes so good they drink even MORE?! Guess I'll just have to risk it someday.

I was at the bookstore the other day and took a look at J.J.Virgin's book. Might be worth buying someday, for the recipes, but a quick perusal didn't show me anything more than the 'avoid these 7 things' list. I don't need her science bits, as I understand where she is coming from from her talk.

DS could not stand the taste of the raw, of course he is not a big milk drinker either, but my experience is that milk drinkers like the one they drink and don't like changes (ie. from whole to skim or even vice versa).

and I thought I was ambitious going for one project a week!