Page 335 of 434 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4336

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 335

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In my reading this morning, I came across this website and thought of you...Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

They a variety of tests, and the price is listed on their website (I was reading Jimmy Moore's blog about his progress and the link was on his page). They do allergy testing for the "biggies" (milk, soy, wheat, etc) for $90. No doc necessary. I didn't go too deeply into it, but worth a look right?

(p.s. for $250 they offer a cancer blood screen if you are really worried)
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-24-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info, Demuralist.

I need some fat, and there's not much of it to be had today. Will beg for the trimmings from everyone's pork chops tonight.

Been working up a storm today. There was no leisurely watching of the Panthers-Dolphins game. Instead, while it was on I:
    Assembled our Thanksgiving wreath
    Cleaned 6 pairs of shoes and two bags
    Wrote various cards and letters
    Sorted the pile of papers on the counter
    Helped paint during half-time
    Made a note-card organizer out of a shoe box(decoupage still to be done)
    Made my grocery shopping list for Thursday and Friday

This evening I will be taking Littlest to a farewell party for a friend, and when we get back, I will collapse on the sofa to watch Amazing Race, and if I can stay up long enough, The Walking Dead.

Littlest is hoping for a snow-day tomorrow. I think it will be just cold and wet enough to be unpleasant, without having to stay home.

I have paint in my hair.

Oh my goodness. I just read Friday's 'Success Story'. Why did Mark print that one? Okay, she's gained a little muscle back, and is starting to feel better, but it still sounds and looks like she is not healthy. Just because you are smaller, doesn't make you a success. She looks much better in her before pictures.

I'm disappointed. Sometimes the success stories don't speak to me, but this is the first time I have thought, 'oh,no, that's just wrong'. I scrolled down through the comments, and most of them were positive. Maybe others are like me, and don't want to 'attack' her, but yikes...just, yikes.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I thought the same thing...I was confused about the before and after pics as I thought she looked better before. Obviously we come in all sizes and shapes, and many people naturally tiny or lanky or stocky or in-between. But sheesh, I kept scrolling down looking for the after pics! It was kinda painful.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree. I think she looks sickly in the "after" pics. She needs to gain about 10 pounds.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

canio6 Guest
    This is not the first time I read this about the success story, and I just don't get it. She's at the bottom of a healthy weight range or perhaps a little under but is not far off her "normal" weight range. She eats 3 times a day, eats primally, and cut her exercise to a fraction of its previous levels. She is also stabilizing hormones and gaining weight. Sure, she is thin but she is a 5' tall 20 year old.

When I look at her present pictures, I don't just see 'thin'. I see scrawny, bony. The title of her post '...to Healthy, Strong, and Fit' is what her 'before' pictures look like to me, NOT her 'after'. I would say now she looks 'fragile' if not frail.

Maybe it is just too soon for an 'after' shot. Some more muscle, and she might look fit and healthy again. Or maybe even JUST in comparison to her mid-way, 'anorexic-looking' shots. But when I look at the 'before', I think that is more of a 'primal ideal'.

Of course, she's happy, and that's the most important for her. But I only hope she really is feeling as good and strong as she says she is, and isn't just deluding herself. We all know how invested we can become in our self-image(myself no exception).

It feels weird to be discussing an individual so specifically. I hope she doesn't ever read my journal! Although, I also hope, that if asked, I would be brave enough to say this to her face. (As tactfully as I can, which isn't very. I am not known for my tact.) That's one of the standards I try to live up to- to say nothing you wouldn't say to a person's face(if asked), even if you might gulp, doing it. However, I can THINK what I like! We think lots of things that never need to be said.

I suppose a journal is a blend of the two, although I still try to tend to the first.

Sometimes, I fall down. Yay for edits!

Speaking about too thin, when I lay on my side now, I have to shift my knees around to find a good spot to be comfortable. I never thought of my KNEES as fat, but apparently there was a bit of cushioning there that I am now living without.
    Last edited by Sabine; 11-25-2013 at 11:19 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Although, I also hope, that if asked, I would be brave enough to say this to her face. (As tactfully as I can, which isn't very. I am not known for my tact.) That's one of the standards I try to live up to- to say nothing you wouldn't say to a person's face(if asked), even if you might gulp, doing it. However, I can THINK what I like! We think lots of things that never need to be said.
    This is how I try to live it. emphasis on try.

Hey, that is why they make those body pillows! Congrats.