Page 332 of 437 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4363

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 332

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ooo, this forum really needs like buttons!
    Yes it does, +1

I am grateful to be in the beginner's camp where my resolve in unshakeable - well totally with regard to grains anyway. The other things I am still trying to figure out; there appear to be varying degrees to purism and I will never be an absolute purist.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think in the end we all discover our level of comfort with the foods and lifestyle we have chosen. Given that evidence for exactly what the cavemen actually ate can be disputed, to me it is really more about the attitude toward food. I basically choose to eat as close to seasonally as possible, trying to eat as close to local as I can (slowly getting better with both of these), and using foods as close to how they come from the earth as possible. Then, can I sustain it for life.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Taking a break to cook some turkey bacon.

I am lifting more heavy things. Half the furniture is moved back into the bedroom. This does NOT mean the floor its done. I have to get our things out of the sewing room and back into the bedroom so that we'll have a space to put all our things from our closets. (Trying to get Honey to go through his stuff. Fingers crossed.) Then I can floor the closets, and THEN the master bedroom will be done! But the end is in sight.

Middlest called and we chatted for about an hour. It was nice. I'm glad she likes to talk to me about nothing once in a while.

Demuralist--so true!

so very nice to get an hour of chatting about nothing. I usually only get that in person, rarely over the phone, except with my mom.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I am so impressed with how you are doing!! Well done - enjoy it and enjoy Thanksgiving absolutely guilt free
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

So achy from working on these floors. I didn't go to the gym last night, but I feel like I did. Working on my closet right now. The room looks like a shambles, because I was unable to get the mattress all the way back on the bed. It is wedged, and I can't shift it. Need to wait for Honey to get home and help me.

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like everything is coming along nicely, and you're certainly getting a really good workout out of it. Hope it all comes together perfectly for you

Current: 16-Nov-14 14.8 (204lbs) | GW = 138lbs

Whole 30: Sat 7th June 2014 to Sun 6th July lost 14lbs; low of 14.12

Paleo Start: 16-Nov-13 at 234lbs | 22-Feb-14 = 219lbs dropped into cruise maintenance mode
    Previously: 2-Jan-13 to 17-Jul-13 lost 37lbs with WW

Knock me down, I'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a powered-up Pacman - Kaiser Chiefs

last time DH went out of town I decided it was a good time to strip the bed to the mattress and wash the allergy covers and what not, and I thought "oh what the heck I will flip it while I have it stripped". What an idiotic idea! I took me forever, half way through I had to just walk out of the room, frustration and exhaustion setting in. I was not sure I was going to get it back together before he returned and was afraid I was going to have to sleep with the mattress on the floor! I did finally get it, my stubbornness took over, I'll be darned if I am going to admit I am too weak and too old to flip a freakin mattress!

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I thought about you and all of the people who post in your journal yesterday. We were grocery shopping and they were out of organic butter....or so I thought. I spotted a package of Kerrygold butter, and I bought it! Using it to make pecan pie next week...
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Lots of little stuff, beginning with BUTTER

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh! Kerrygold. I bless the day I first tried it. (So does Chloe!) And I love that it really looks like BUTTER. That beautiful golden color.

Very frustrating day yesterday with the floor. I kept making mistakes, and of course, the mattress got stuck. But by the end of the evening the bed was made, and all the debris cleared away, and though I only got one new row placed, it was the trickiest one, and it looks pretty good. (Not great, but that's what wood putty is for.)

However...Littlest went to see 'Catching Fire' last night(she loved it) and the lateness of the show messed with my sleep. I got to bed at 11:30, but still woke up, bright and chipper, at 5:00. So I am expecting a slow-down sometime this early afternoon. I'm going to schedule a warm bath and a nap, and just incorporate it into my day.

That means any woodworking must be done EARLY, while I am still alert! I will reserve the task of pulling up Littlest's carpet for the afternoon. Don't need much brain power for that.

I browsed the Virgin Diet book on her website this morning. It looks interesting, though I am of a different mind about the importance of daily or twice-daily poops than she is. I may spring for a copy. Unfortunately, our library doesn't have it. But I would like to take a look at her re-introduction protocol(in the unbrowsable part of the book, sadly.)

Weight this morning, for those who are interested: 164.5. That's after a Down Day. Yesterday was 166.5, so I am closing in on the lower 160s. Very pleased about it, and looking forward to putting my size 12 jeans back on after this flooring episode is done. I have been wearing my 14s, for the bagginess while I am working, and stooping and crawling and bending and lifting heavy things. Yesterday, I broke into a (mini) sprint while walking the dogs, and had to use one hand to hold them up! Annoying, but also thrilling!