Page 326 of 417 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4162

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 326

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Ah, man, Sabine, I wish I had some words of wisdom or advice on this. However, I would NOT call anything you've done a failure. You have made amazing strides. I frankly don't know if I'd even have the effort to try the rotations you are trying. I don't even know how one could manage as much as you have.
    ^THIS!!! I think you are amazing & you have done so well! Cut yourself some slack girlfriend!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

I need to get over myself

I post on another forum that has rules about what you are allowed to post, and apparently I have broken them again.

Someone was complaining about 'food pushers' and I mentioned that although I cannot throw up at will, I have always wondered how a food pusher would react if after finally 'giving in' to their demands to eat, one threw up right then and there. Since her food pusher was partially blind, I said I couldn't help but think it was a great opportunity for a fake-out.

Someone else commented that this made them laugh out loud.

Well, my comment and hers have both been deleted, and I am expecting to get a notification that I have stepped out of bounds.

My upbringing makes me a real rule-follower in most things, and I am feeling squelched that my comment was deleted. Like someone is shaking their finger at me, and saying, 'bad girl!'

I need to just brush it off, but...

And what was wrong with it? Hints of bulimia? I don't think there was anything in it it that indicated I thought it was a good idea to REALLY throw up. Just a humorous one. Maybe no fourth-grade humor allowed?

Can't complain about it over there (another thing that's not allowed) so I'm pitching my fit over here.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    My only guess is that it could be seen as making fun of someone with a disability - partially blind, fake out, etc. If they are going for hints of bulimia they really need to get the f*ck over it as that is weak at best. Of course, they seem thin-skinned to begin with. Hang out with us. We like bad girls.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    What he said.

Maybe it WAS the blind aspect. Someone else suggested using a milk carton to hide the food, since she wouldn't be able to see that, so I'll watch to see if that comment disappears.

What am I talking about!?! I should just forget about the thread, put on some black leather, and plop myself in MDA!

Thanks, friends.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    What am I talking about!?! I should just forget about the thread, put on some black leather, and plop myself in MDA!

Thanks, friends.
    welcome home
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hehehe, well I thought it was funny.

I have gotten comments deleted from 2 different forums. Couldn't even remember why. But you are right, it does feel a bit off to think that something you say can be so offensive as to be erased from the ether.

But, yep we are here were those sorts of comments are not only not deleted but are appreciated actually.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    A forum I post on (I've been there for 15 years) used to literally send you to Disney if you posted something objectionable according to their algorithm. You would hit "post reply" and instead of seeing your post, you would find yourself on a Disney website. We never did figure out what exactly got you sent to Disney because some very unobjectionable posts got us there. A a dear friend of mine who has never used profanity or said anything insulting and is in fact a well-respected, well-known professional writer of TV and radio dramas in the U.K. got BANNED. She managed to get back on after buying a new computer.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

In the throes of a home improvement project. I'll be gone for a bit.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    good luck with the project -- see you when you return!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.