Page 324 of 415 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 324

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I need to check the pictures Honey took of me in costume, to see if any are suitable for internet posting. I need to maintain my mystique!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Usually it is older Latino gardeners who are attracted to me. This was a black guy, maybe in his 30s, so my appeal is broadening!
    I do not often have men flirting with me, so it was fun.
    Seriously, the "my appeal is broadening" made me laugh out loud. Funny stuff, mostly because I can relate.

Photoshop the focus on your face. (or you can put a photo editing app on the phone that will do it there.), we don't want you to reveal your true identity, you might lose your super powers then.

Sock laundry

I know it is getting colder when I have to wash my hand-knit socks. I have five batches lined up on the counter, waiting their turn in the sink. Plus a sweater.

I have an extended washing process. Fill up the sink with cool, soapy water. Let the socks soak for twenty minutes. Agitate. Change the water for fresh soapy water. Repeat. Let soak in fresh water. Agitate. One last rinse. Then a spin in the washer to get out the last of the water before hanging them to dry. My rack in the garage will hold 18 pairs, and I can get 6 more in the bathroom, so I can wash ALMOST all of them at one time. So, of course, I usually wait to wash until I am almost out. It's an all-day affair.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    did you say "hand-knit socks" ???? I have an image of a sweater on my foot and my foot being too fat to get my shoe on. Do you knit them?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I do. I like to knit socks because they are so much quicker than sweaters. And you can wear them for more months of the year, here in Texas. The last sweater I knit took about three years, but a pair of socks takes 2-6 weeks for me. I go through phases of working on them.

for reasons that I cannot explain, I cannot bring myself to do a pair of socks. I have started several pairs, but the idea of putting all of that energy into something that gets covered in shoes, just will not let me work on them. I don't do sweaters either, mostly hats and scarves (gifts and donations), and some felted things like purses or teddy bears.

So not only do you spend the time and energy to knit them, you use hand washable yarns? WOW, you have earned the moniker of Domestic Diva!! I am impressed.

Hand-knit wools socks feel so good on your feet that they are a treat to put on. I even have some that are shaped to my left foot and right foot instead of being interchangeable. Divine.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I want to see pics of this hot new Sabine. In a halloween costume maybe?
    +1
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I love hand knit socks and wear them every chance I get. Someone else knits them, though. (Hangs head in shame) I don't know how to knit socks. But they are readily available around here and at reasonable prices too.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Oh yes totally agree divine to be able to wear hand knit socks. Just not enough to knit them for myself. Unfortunately they are not easily accessible here.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day