Page 321 of 435 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4347

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 321

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Salem is having an allergic reaction to something. The vet gave her a steroid shot, but her face is still very puffy, and now she is getting bumps all down her back. I'm worried for her. At least she does not seem to be in any distress, but I'll be watching her closely. Hope a late-night run to the emergency vet is not needed.
    This happened to our little weinie dog when they gave her both Rabies and the Bordetella shots at the same time. Hope Salem is better now........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, man. I think it might be the dairy.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, no, that's a MAJOR bummer. I thought having gluten issues was terrible, but I was really devastated when my dairy had to go as well.

Yesterday was my Down Day. I drove down to get Middlest, sipping water and booch all the way. But in the evening, I was meeting friends. I decided to have a pear, and the tops of five pieces of pizza.

Withing an hour, gas and bloat. Plus the pains count was high. Some, I am sure from the candy excursion on Halloween.

It could be something else- it wasn't a 'clean' test- veg toppings, little bit of sauce, pear, and booch also involved (and of course, the candy yesterday), but suspicions are high.

I am being extra 'clean today' and hoping the pains subside quickly. Then I need to plan a non-post Halloween candy trial.

Good news, no real desire to keep going with the candy. Just a vague feeling that it hadn't been that satisfying. Previous, that dissatisfaction probably would have led me to just eat MORE candy, looking for the satisfaction, but I know now that the candy is just not doing it.

Extra good news: I am wearing size 12 jeans again. Not just trying them on, really wearing them.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Yay for size 12 jeans!!! That's awesome!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ooo, answers seem to be getting closer, that is fantastic news...maybe you will be able to narrow it to a specific type of dairy as opposed to all dairy. That would be very hard for me.

congrats on the size 12's I am jealous!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Size 12 jeans! That is so great! Enjoy them!

I've virtually eliminated dairy - a small amount of locally made cheese occasionally. A couple of years ago this would have been devastating, but it really doesn't bother me to be dairy-free. Now that I am way, way off SAD, it is really no big deal.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well that is true. Many things I never thought I could do without have fallen by the wayside in the journey I have been on these past years. Not the least of which are meals!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I would be sad to give up dairy, but at least I consider it as a possibility, not like my previous mind-set, where I KNEW I could NEVER give up pasta.

Yesterday's food was uninspiring, but it filled me up. I miss being able to use a variety of spices in my dishes.

Up at 8:00

10:00 turkey and mushroom in coconut oil

1:15 bluets and olives

4:00 peanut butter

6:00 turkey-mushrooms-coconut oil
    parsnip-carrot-dill mash

Walk: 45"
    Planks: 20 sec
    Water: 9 glasses
    Pains: 14
    Bed at 9:00

Today will be a goosefoot(beets and spinach) and pineapple smoothie day.

Leftovers are becoming a problem. I can't eat them for 4-5-6 days, and Littlest and Honey don't keep up with them. I can't even throw them all in a pot and make mystery stew. My freezer is overflowing with little containers.

Went to a funeral (friend's mom, a lovely lady) yesterday. The church was PACKED. I got there 15 minutes before the time, and still had to sit in the extra chairs they squeezed into the back. By the time the service began, it was standing room only. Lots of crying. I thought I might go a little crazy with some emotional grazing, so I ate an enormous amount of peanut butter when I got home (nothing at the reception, though) just to be in a place of physical fullness. Not the most elegant of solutions, but it worked.

Today's plans: hang out with Middlest and Littlest and watch a football game. Maybe skype with Eldest if we can get a hold of him.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a lovely day planned.

It would be a bummer without dairy, but I know you could do it. Also, I have been able to somewhat heal my dairy allergy through lots of bone broth (but not the gluten, alas). Not to say that you can, or will even desire to do so, but it's a possibility. I also find that butter has always been fine, I do okay with hard cheeses (especially grass-fed/raw), milk is always a no go, and cream is a so so (depends on how well I've been eating). Of course, after I went through the drama of adding dairy back in, I now rarely eat it. A bit of cheese every now and then as garnish. Found that it's not that big of deal to live without it.

I would say that not using spices would be more difficult for me than giving up dairy