Page 319 of 435 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4343

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 319

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love chopped...one of the few tv shows I watch on occasion. We don't have cable, but catch it on netflicks.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Well, gourds make for very thin smoothies. I guess it makes sense, as they are mostly water. This is the closest I have come to feeling like I am 'juicing'.

Running around like a maniac, trying to get all my tasks done by 1:00 so I can watch some more Walking Dead without feeling guilty. But I refuse to gulp down my sustenance for the day, so I am sipping it while I peruse the forums.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I missed what your costume is.

We have trunk or treat around here, and the people who pass out the candy from the back of their cars dress up as well as decorating their cars. Very fun, and usually in the big parking lots of churches so very safe for kids to run around without the fear of cars, etc.

Our neighborhood is going to have a halloween parade that starts at 5:15 on Thursday, I am looking forward to that.
    We do Trunk or Treat in a large parking lot at work (Army post). Prizes go to the best decorated trunk. I've never participated, but it sounds fun.

My kids trick or treat, so I don't pass out candy. I am excited to see/hear what your costume is as well. Strut your stuff girly!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I don't do Halloween............. I think its a silly holiday made up by candy companies to sell more candy! We're going out to dinner with friends who also don't do Halloween
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    History of Halloween - Halloween History

oh no, it is a very serious tradition. NOT silly at all. Keeping up with traditions is a very important part of a culture's group identity.

I love Halloween!

We always make fun costumes. Years ago Honey invested in a real good quality skeleton suit, hood, and cloak, which he wears most years. He also has a gladiator costume. When the kids were little we would switch off taking them, always leaving one grown-u behind to pass out candy, 'cause we love seeing all the kids come by, and checking out their costumes. The kids are something different every year, of course. That's part of the fun, coming up with great new things. We carve pumpkins, and play spooky music.

Salem is having an allergic reaction to something. The vet gave her a steroid shot, but her face is still very puffy, and now she is getting bumps all down her back. I'm worried for her. At least she does not seem to be in any distress, but I'll be watching her closely. Hope a late-night run to the emergency vet is not needed.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Salem is having an allergic reaction to something. The vet gave her a steroid shot, but her face is still very puffy, and now she is getting bumps all down her back. I'm worried for her. At least she does not seem to be in any distress, but I'll be watching her closely. Hope a late-night run to the emergency vet is not needed.
    Praying for you & Salem. Why do dogs always seem to get sick after hours?
    -- Ruth

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I hope Salem is ok this morning! She either ate something or something might have stung her. *keeping fingers crossed* she's ok.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmmmm...named Salem....Halloween...hope she is okay!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold