Page 316 of 432 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4317

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 316

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Weekend update

Primal Fuel
    Stupid pains. They are pissing me off. I can't even enjoy sudden weight loss, because I worry it is a sign of something bad.

Grumble, grumble.

Today I am eating, making my bustle, watching football, taking a nice bath, and going to Girl Scouts with Littlest. Must have plenty of handwork to do there, as we have switched to girl-led meetings. Minimal adult involvement. All the moms like it.

Saw 'Wolverine' yesterday at the dollar theater, and really enjoyed it. Hugh Jackman, you will never replace Alan Rickman in my heart, but I sure do like you!! (Just noticed...both their last names are composed of a male diminutive + 'man'. Intriguing.) The plot was pretty good, although the ending was telegraphed a mile away. Not so many inconsistencies that you went out of your mind, flagging them. Good character development, and, as is usual with X-Men movies, an intriguing tease of the next movie at the end.

Chloe is fine after her butter adventure, in case any one was wondering. Her new nickname is Butterbreath.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Her new nickname is Butterbreath.
    lol. That is too funny. As for Wolverine, that is a detailed look at it. Most people I have noticed judge it like so..."Did Hugh Jackman takes his shirt off? If yes - good movie. If no - huge plot hole."

He took ALL his clothes off! And had two women scrubbing him in a hot tub! Historically and socially incorrect, but it made for a good visual. And we ALMOST got to see his rear! Would have been totally in keeping with the scene. Hugh must be shyer than I thought.

canio6 Guest
    Well, he is a good looking dude. I didn't peg him as a shy one though.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hugh Jackman. Oh, yeah.

I don't generally like the comic book movies. They don't have a happy ending (guy and girl get together). Silly, I know, but life is full of unhappy endings, so I like my fiction to end well. However, I usually make an exception to see Hugh

Yesterday:

Up at 7:30

10:30 turkey, mushrooms, coconut oil

1:30 apple with peanut butter

4:00 asian pear

7:30 crawfish, shrimp, mushrooms, coconut oil

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 20"
    Pains: 17
    Football: yes!

Bed at 9:00

Wore my new size 12 jeans for about half the day. Felt very slim.

I was in the strange situation of wanting to eat more (not so much out of hunger, but because I was rather alarmed by my very low post-Down day weight [165.5]), but my food choices were limited by the rotation. I did the best I could, and my weight was back up to a relative 'normal' this morning, 168.

This is not to say I will not be delighted with 165.5 seeing it in a week or so. But two large drops so close together, makes me nervous. Although they are thrilling, and I do like them on some level, I also can't stop myself from wondering if it means something is WRONG! A gentle creep downward is easier on my peace of mind.

However, very good side to it...I think I can fairly say I am definitely in the 160s now.

Tried on the Halloween costume yesterday, and it looks SMASHING! I will be assembling the bustle today. And maybe the hat. I am strongly considering posting a picture of it, I am so pleased.

Was chatting with some friends/acquaintances yesterday, and got the strong sensation that I was being judged by one of them for not 'having a job'. Everything was easy for me, because I have so much time. I was irked, but kept my mouth shut (mostly) because I just didn't want to get into it. How about just respecting people's choices, though?! Yes, I have time to cook 'real' food because I stay home, but there's a trade-off, Miss Three-tvs-and-a-boat. I don't get on you about rampant over-consumerism, do I?

Grrr.

I am impatient to see SOME kind of pattern from these food rotations. Please, please, work! I would be sad to give up some things, but if it meant no more pains, I would be ON IT! Just hoping this shows a definite culprit. Not so far.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    If I saw a BIG drop like that, I'd be thrilled. I think it goes back to consistency. You are very consistent and at some point, it just drops off. I also think if one is consistent, but in the other direction, one can see that gain that seems to come from nowhere.

It's funny about the friend. I suspect they are envious. I know I'm envious of folks who choose to stay home...seems like they have so much time to enjoy life and I have always admired the sacrifices they are willing to make to stay home. Of course, I sometimes get the opposite. I was stopped by a lady in church who admired my "business attire" (about all I own besides sweat pants) and wishes she got out more. The grass always seems greener on the other side............

I hope you find out something with the food rotations. Since you've already cut out the immediate potential culprits (gluten, legumes, etc.), it may take a little more patience. And, wonder if it takes time. It really took me about 3 weeks of total elimination before I finally felt better (I'm gluten intolerant).

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    169!

After an Up Day, so I am claiming it!
    Woohoo! Congrats!!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the 160's! You have done so well and are inspiring to others!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ruth- I think that is a good way to look at it, that I am changing things steadily inside my body, but it only shows up once in a while. Now, if I can just convince my emotions of that.

Thanks, All, for the congratulations. It IS exciting to be in the 160s. This is the pre-pregnancy weight zone for me.

It is very strange(though nice) to think I could be inspiring. I see my failures and laziness before I see my successes. If I could see them both at the same time, that would be a big step forward for my ego. But, then I would probably become insufferable! As it is, those size 12s are making me strut.

I was very brave and put a piece of okra in my smoothie this morning. Luckily, I can't taste it. Yay for the overwhelming beetiness of beets.