Page 311 of 416 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4154

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 311

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree that if you are going in, ya gotta go all in, otherwise you won't know.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Aargh, already making mistakes. Kale is a mustard, not a goosefoot!

Today I am cooking a rabbit. Went to the recipe thread, searched, and found some good ideas. What a great resources MDA is.

A fun, but sad weekend, as we said good bye to two separate friends who are returning to their home countries this week. One(Australia) may be back, but the other (India) is unlikely. We played games and ate festively.

I felt like I was on the forum over the weekend, but I guess I was just cruising other pages, and not tending my own journal. The highlights of my food on Saturday were bacon, asparagus, and pumpkin custard. Yum!! Oh, and a fried banana. Can't beat those. I fried it in bacon grease, instead of butter, due to the rotation thing, and it tasted just as good. Had to leave off the cinnamon, though, which was a minor tragedy.

Yesterday was my first No-Booch Down Day. I had green smoothies with spinach, kale*, beets, apple, pear, and honey. *See opening statement. I decided I do NOT like honey in smoothies. I was hoping that the apple, pear, and beet would make it sweet enough, but no, not really. Oh well, it is only one smoothie out of my life.

Starting tomorrow, I will start tracking my pains again. I gave myself a break from it, but now that I want to compare specific food choices with consequences, I need to get back on the stick.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine I admire your ability to stick with something that seems this tough!! I'm looking forward to seeing what your pain results will be. I'm not sure I'd be able to do it. Of course sometimes in life we have to do things whether we want to or not. Good luck!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Thanks, Primalcajun. I hope, that I can stick with it, and more importantly, that it helps me figure out how to fix these pains! They are...wait for it...a real pain. Sorry, couldn't resist!

This is copied from my lowcarbfriends post:

Taking a lesson from my SNAP challenge, I am being careful to eat things I really like. I do not want to feel deprived, only patient. Thank you JUDDD, for teaching me how to wait. I have gotten pretty good at telling myself that I can wait, and have that tomorrow. Now I am just stretching it out a bit.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a really interesting experiment. I look forward to reading the results.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yesterday:

Up at 7:00

9:00 turkey fried in butter
    yogurt with cream and blackberries

2:00 shrimps in butter
    olives

4:45 walnuts

6:00 rabbit with prunes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and cream
    eggplant, green bell pepper, and tomato

8:00 strawberries with coconut sugar, prunes

Water: 7 glasses
    Walking: 20"

Bed at 9:00

Although I haven't been tracking my pains, per se, I noticed some sharper ones last night. I am fearing for dairy and nightshades as categories. But...early days, early days. I need to collect my data and not jump to conclusions. Tracking starts over today, now that I have gone through a full 4-day cycle, imperfect as it was. A couple of family overlaps, mostly due to herbs/spices. They are tricky little buggers. I have also decided I need to get some maple sugar for alternate sweetening options. I don't consider myself a crazy sweet fiend*, but some things, I just like some sweetness.

*This will seem very ironic, considering the paragraphs at the end of the post. But really, I don't think I am!

Happy news of the day: BOOCH!

Honey is trying to get back into the Down Day swing. Day before yesterday he had his first no-cheat Down Day in quite a while. His weight had been creeping back up, and it finally got to a point to motivate him. He asked for help to keep on track today, ie; don't let him eat this evening. We might zip out to a movie to keep him occupied. There is a new Stallone-Schwarzenegger that looks fun.

We watched an Alton Brown Halloween show yesterday, where he made homemade candy corn. I really like candy corn as a seasonal item. I usually eat it once per Halloween season, finishing the bag over the course of a few days, and then saying, whoa, that was too much (even in pre-primal/low-carb days). But I am seriously considering having NO candy this Halloween. When I think about the individual Halloween treats I like, none of them seem worth the down-side.

For me, Halloween candy means the items you really only get at Halloween: candy corn, caramel eyeballs, Willy Wonka soda caps, caramel popcorn balls, caramel apples(Hmm...I sense a caramel theme.). The rest of the stuff is good, but you can have it any time. It is just CANDY, not HALLOWEEN CANDY!

We started off October with pumpkin pie. Maybe that would a fitting way to celebrate Halloween without having a candy orgy.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love candy corn. But not the candy corn flavored M&Ms.

You're right - the rest is just regular candy with a Halloween wrapper.

My favorite candy holiday is Easter - marshmallow eggs anyone? Coconut nests? Yum yum yum...

*and now my sweet tooth is talking*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

And for Christmas I like those nougats with red and green candied peel in it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I may be completely weird, but I enjoy the Kosher-for-Passover marshmallows that are made with fish gelatin. No corn syrup or gluten or anything objectionable. No, they don't taste fishy at all. Pretty hard to find except for a week or so around Passover, although I imagine they can be ordered online. I don't need to be ordering marshmallows online.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

A step too far

I am naming my SCOBYs. They were going to be A, B, C... but it seems so sterile. Very un-SCOBY like. A is now Alice. Her sister will be Lucy.
    I want to keep them named on the bottles, so that I can see if particular SCOBYs give better results.