Page 308 of 418 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4176

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 308

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sabine????? Everything ok?? I hope you're not sick...let us know you're ok when you can.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Death by duck liver pate...what a way to go that would be!

I was off getting Middlest for fall break, and then busy being busy with her. All good stuff, but the computer time really suffers. Didn't check my email for 6 days!! (And yet, the world went on...how strange.)

Thanks for all your concern and checking in. It is like coming home from a weekend away and seeing the answering machine blinking, and it is all messages from friends, and not stupid political robo-calls!

I will not bother with updates on the daily things...just too much. But I'm chugging along.

And now, off to check out all YOUR journals. Hope you've been busy writing awesome stuff for me to read!
    Last edited by Sabine; 10-14-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, speaking for myself, I wrote a boatload! Glad you're back!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ah, should have thought of that my kids break is this week. DS got a ride home, DD not likely coming home. So glad it was fun stuff that kept you busy.

Lots of delicious food yesterday:

Up at 5:45

7:30 green smoothie
    9:20 crab-avocado-cream salad
    12:00 sashimi, rice, seaweed
    3:00 fried banana with cream
    5:30 few bites of pork chop
    6:00 sword fish, mayo, cucumber salad, quiche

Bed at 9:15

And that was supposedly a Down Day--not! Today will be a normal Up Day(as normal as it can be, driving back and forth across the country, but I have snacks packed [kippers, quiche, and booch]) and tomorrow, hopefully, a normal Down Day. Honey wants me to go back to the gym with him, but I am just not feeling it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you were away for fun stuff, but next time could you let us know in advance?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I love kippers with rice for some reason. Proletariat sushi? Am I betraying my working-class roots?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Heehee. Well, I'll be picking her up for Thanksgiving, too!

Kippers...food of the gods! Something the English and Germans can agree on.

It was a long drive yesterday. Some very slow spots, as we dealt with heavy rain. And both times, it struck in long construction zones, where we really couldn't pull off, but had to just keep turtling along. But we made it safely, which is the important thing. Only one person driving like the elements didn't matter; the rest of us were sane folk. And I got to bed on time, which is the second most important, in terms of good recovery. I love me my normal bedtime!

Here was yesterday:

Up at 5:30

6:30 green smoothie
    8:00 quiche
    9-12 booch
    12:00 fried clams and more quiche
    12-4 booch
    4:00 pork ribs, turnip greens, cinnamon apples
    4-6 booch
    7:00 strawberry ice cream and 4 bacon-wrapped shrimp

Walking: 20"
    Driving: 8 hours!
    Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 9:15

Wisdom from Demuralist

Pasting something she said on Ruth's page here. I should read this over and over again!

"One of the things that tends to push me toward tweaking is when I see someone doing very well when I am not doing so well. (I am talking to you Sabine). The thing that I have talked myself into realizing is that while my journey seems agonizingly slow (or backward) others are not really going any faster than I would if I just stuck to something without tweaking for long enough, it just seems like it from the outside looking in.

I do believe that consistency is the key. Obviously so is a calorie deficit. Finding the program that will give you that deficit, that you can do consistently, and that you can keep up for life so that you don't gain it all back is key though. For some it naturally occurs when they are Primal, or low-carb, or high fat, some can do it with straight out counting, for me it is about extreme restriction on 2 or 3 days a week, so that I can enjoy the rest of my life such that on balance I get a modest restriction and get to enjoy my life.

The biggest problem with calorie counting, of course, is being able to figure out what the intake vs outtake should be to allow a loss. I think that the thing we are going to discover is that each person's caloric need changes and that it is extremely individual, so I think there is going to be some need to learn to listen to the body in order for a calorie restriction to really work. I don't think the exact numbers are as important."

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Wow...that is some awesome insight! I think that's my problem...I'm not consistent on any one thing. I did the whole30 for 3 weeks. Saw very little results, so switched to something else. Then I read about some of you guys doing the up/down thing & getting good results. I tweak here...then read something & tweak there. After awhile it gets confusing. So I have told myself "time out!" Quit trying to fiddle with everything! I'm just going back to the primal basics. Eat meat, vegi's, a little dairy (mostly butter, cream & a little cheese)...try to stay gluten free as much as possible, watch the sugar intake. Stay off the scale for awhile...use a tape measure. There. That's my new plan. I keep trying to remind myself that the biggest reason that I am trying to follow this WOE is to feel better & not hurt so bad. Not to lose 100 lbs. (although that would be nice!). If I lose some weight in the process so much the better.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it!! 😉
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!