Page 305 of 437 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4363

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 305

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just wrestled a credit out of my ISP for the 19 days we had no service. They wanted to give me $25.00. I insisted on $41.04, and did NOT back down. Had to use my relaxation technique afterward. They are lucky I didn't ask for pain and suffering money!
    Last edited by Sabine; 10-04-2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: lucky, not looking!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just wrestled a credit out of my ISP for the 19 days we had no service. They wanted to give me $25.00. I insisted on $41.04, and did NOT back down. Had to use my relaxation technique afterward. They are looking I didn't ask for pain and suffering money!
    I was working from home one day and my Internet went out. I went to Starbucks and finished working. Called my ISP and ended up getting half off my bill for the next whole year. For like a 4 hour outage.

Different circumstances, but still.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

That sounds like a company that knows customer service!

Four more bottles of booch put up. I will be able to split SCOBYs this time, and end up with 5 or 6 jars going at once! You know what that means...booch every day!

Does Amanda on today's Success Story remind anyone besides me of Gravyboat? It's the eyes, I think.

Feeling rather hungry. It is my own fault (m&ms last night=sugar cravings today) but somehow, just knowing that doesn't make it go away.

Littlest requested split pea soup, so that is bubbling away on the stove, smelling delicious. I'm sipping on some booch, sewing, and watching 'A Few Good men'. But I needed to take a break from sitting down, so here I am, at the computer again(standing up). But there's not much to read. We need more people posting long, though-provoking entries in the middle of the day. Get on that, will you, gang?

New phone/computer/tv service has started! Tomorrow I make the very satisfying call to cancel our old guys. The bums.

Watched 'A Place at the Table' yesterday. Maybe not a good choice right after my SNAP challenge, or maybe an excellent one. Made me feel I should DO something. But what? Pondering.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried carob chips? I bought a bag but haven't tried them. I L-O-V-E milk and white chocolate.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

No, I've never gotten into carob. I think I tried it once, in 9th grade. I mostly have dark chocolate, now, when I am having chocolate. (M&ms are a category of their own.)

I forgot that I am going out this evening. That may change my Down Day plans. There will likely be pizza(I'll eat the toppings) and salad. But I'm bringing my booch, and if I feel up to it, I will just sip that. If I don't, I won't. Nothing like flexibility!

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I tried 4 of them - they are mini chips. Tasted a lot like sugar and not so much like chocolate. Oh well. *sigh*
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll try to be better about posting in the middle of the day...but my life is boring...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth