Page 304 of 415 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 304

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    congrats, your commitment to the cause was astonishing.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A celebratory Down Day.

I knew I wanted to eat something I WANTED today, Down Day schedule or not. So I took Littlest out to lunch for sashimi.

Up at 5:00

12:00 sashimi, seaweed, slice of beef

4:15 booch

8:00 spoon of peanut butter

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 65"
    Sun: slight- drifting clouds
    Pains: 22

Bed at 9:30

Not such a good day, pains-wise. I am wondering if the reliance of beef and chicken had anything to do with it. (I had a chiropractor tell me to avoid those. Not practical at the time, but becoming more so, the longer these pains hang on.) Also, I got a heartburn-like feeling in the evening, after taking a probiotic on an empty stomach. Hence, the peanut butter.

New day today! I am meeting a friend I haven't seen in about 6 weeks. In the between time she went on a 10-day silence retreat, which I am anxious to hear about.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine...I'm interested in knowing the whys of no beef or chicken re: pain levels. What was the chirodocs reasoning behind that? Also what scale are you going by for the numbers on the pain? I've noticed that you have been using a number next to pain.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

The number is the amount of pains I had that were strong enough to make me think about them. I keep track on a little clicker.

The chiropractor did a muscle-weakness test on me, for various foods. It is based on the theory that your body knows what is good or bad for you, even if your conscious mind does not. So, she presses on your arm while naming different foods, and judges muscle resistance/weakness as she says each food. I don't know if I believe it or not, but it seems worth trying. However, the budget has precluded cutting beef and chicken(I can always get good sales on them) most of the time. And I have got relief doing some other things. But this last week was almost entirely beef and chicken, so I am wondering.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Gotcha. The guy I see who is a chiro & a naturopath & a nutritionist has done the muscle testing on me too for various supplements...& to find some weaknesses in my body (I showed a mercury weakness...well duh...I have a few fillings left in the ol mouth!!). It's very interesting & hard to dispute when your arm goes down for one thing & not another. My rational mind says "ohhhhh I don't know if we really buy into that". But then on the other hand...the arm goes done on some things & then doesn't on some things. So I'm keeping an open mind!! 😉

I hope your pains are not as bad today. I empathize with you.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

so does that leave you with fish and pork?

Yes. Both of which I love, so no problem if I made the switch. I think if I decided I was going to try it out, though, I would go in with a whole list of things. I mean, what about lamb? Venison? Duck? Rabbit?

But I need to find a different chiropractor. I just didn't feel simpatico with this one.

And of course, there's the whole money thing. (As always!)

Right now, I am doing my relaxation things. I figure no matter what it is, relaxing can't hurt.

My grandfather raised lamb, I can't get it as fresh and well raised and I can't stand the taste of it anymore, so I never think of that as an option. Venison and rabbit would be hard to come by for me, and duck pricey. But I love fish and shellfish, so I would happily switch over to those.

I had all of my mercury fillings replaced. However, I think it caused more problems than it solved as it caused 2 of the teeth to end up cracking and breaking (had a crown put on one and the other I had pulled).

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I don't find it unusual that beef and chicken would cause trouble. After all, gluten-containing grains are a problem for many because we simply eat way too much of it, putting it into everything from ketchup to salad dressing ad nauseum. Now grains aren't meat -they are very different - but there is always that too much of a good thing scenario.

Hope you feel better!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Enjoyed my Up Day yesterday.

Up at 5:30

8:00 3 pork links
    3 eggs scrambled with cream and butter
    1C creamed spinach
    1/2 pumpkin custard

12:00 rockfish with tartar sauce
    1/2 pumpkin custard with cream
    banana-nut puffin with butter

3:00 cup of broccoli-cheese soup and a small Greek salad at Panera

5:00 1C cream cheese spread, also at Panera

7:45 almond m&ms with a sip of milk

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking:nope
    Sun:nope
    Pains: 23

Bed at 9:30

I only ate 1/2 of the pumpkin custard at a time, because it was too sweet, but this problem did not affect my m&ms consumption. Met a friend at Panera, and I think I did pretty well. Towards the end of our visit, when she was eating, I wanted something to nosh on. Strolled over and looked at the muffins, but all I could think of was feeling stodgy afterwards. Then my gaze fell on their tubs of cream cheese spread. My friend did look at little amazed at me just scooping it out of the tub(no, I didn't use my fingers!) but it was delicious, and a perfect fat bomb!

Looking forward to my Down Day today. My last bottle of booch was excellent. Just the right amount of fizz. And putting berries in for flavoring makes it a beautiful color, too.