Page 303 of 424 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4233

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 303

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    awesome! I slept in like a baby this morning, no chores done

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I prefer having no unwashed (rinsed-only) dishes in the sink dish drain at bedtime. Sometimes it happens though, if I am too tired, or if I haven't unloaded the dishwasher yet, or both. Emptying the dishwasher right away helps, but is not always possible. Usually I run the dishwasher in the evening without the heat-dry feature on, leave the door ajar overnight, and put the clean dishes away in the morning.

Sounds like you don't have a dishwasher, Sabine...? I didn't for 14 years and I hated it. I feel for you, if you don't - esp. having 2 kids (at home) and a hubby too! I'd probably have to wait until the a.m. too. I'd be too tired. There would be a big risk of cooking coming to a screeching halt if we didn't have a DW. It took a long time for me to stop dreading washing dishes when planning a big meal after we moved into this house.

I also take out the garbage, sweep the floor, run a clorox wipe over the table and countertops and in and around the sinks before bedtime. Clean slate in the morning.

I wish I could be like those people who vacuum everyday, but I'm not there yet.
    Last edited by MsSmith; 10-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Sabine is offline Senior Member

A compliment

I went to the thrift store wearing my size 12 jeans and a Tank top. They are still too snug for comfort, but I wanted to start looking for a top to wear with them, when I fit in easily. Something more form-fitting than what I have in my closet. In short, another aspirational piece.

I was flipping through the tops in the plus-size section when the lady who was working her way down the aisle in the other directions said, 'You sure don't look like an extra-large.'

I didn't really know what to say back, but I finally made mention of needing to fit my chest.

I was very pleased. I have ALWAYS looked like an extra-large. Well, since I've been grown up. And, I probably do still look like an extra-large to many. But it was nice to hear.

As an aside, I have never had a stranger comment on my shape in relation to the sizes I was looking through before. Is this common practice?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    you make me smile. On pinterest, there is an occasional pin of a weird compliment, this I think would qualify. Or else she wanted you to move along so she could have the whole section to herself.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I always think it's weird when strangers make personal comments, but I suppose I'm weird myself. And weird is not always bad! However, it was a nice compliment. And it reminds me I need to visit the thrift store.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Woohoo! I made it!

SNAP Challenge accomplished.

This has been a long seven days.

I've learned a lot.

First, it is really hard to feed yourself in all the ways we are accustomed to on $4.50/day. Nutritionally, emotionally, spiritually, joyfully, creatively.

I think I did okay nutritionally. I had plenty of protein every day, which is the most important for me. Adequate fats. A good amount of vegetables. But to get these things, variety was sacrificed. And quantity, a little.

I woke up hungry every morning. That is not usual for me, even now that I am 'dieting'. I was hungry often throughout the day, and I went to bed hungry a few times.

Also, I think it is important for me to remember that I was JUDDDing during this. If I had had to divide my food over seven days, instead of four, it would have really been much harder. Although, I could have had kombucha every day, and not just on my Down Days! There's always a silver lining.

Emotionally....well, I guess I am a big baby. I want to be able to comfort eat, and carrots just doesn't cut it. I want to be able to make meals that make me smile, and don't just put macronutrients into my stomach. I DON'T want to have to worry about not having enough food at the end of the week.

Speaking of which...Leftover at the end of this week I have:
    $0.15
    3 carrots
    1/2 bottle of mayo with lime
    1 apple
    I ate everything else.

Spiritually, my prayers changed over this week. I asked for (and got) a lot of help. I feel closer to people living on the edge. I am so grateful for the abundance in my life.

Joyfully, creatively, I am really looking forward to cooking my 'real' menu this week. Having what I want, when I want it. Knowing that if I am putting it off, it is because I want to, not because I am afraid I will run out. Getting all the little extras, the sauces, the cream, the little bit of crunch to finish off the meal. Oh, yeah. I'm looking forward to food again!

Surprises: I like that cabbage soup. I'm going to make more. And the stir-fry was excellent.

Strangely, I was not expecting my weight to go down (any more than usual). Looking at my menu ahead of time, I thought I was getting plenty to eat. Apparently not. My usual reduction in a week is 1-2 pounds. The challenge encompassed seven days, and I usually count my weight after my Up Day. So, from my 'up weight' before (174.0) to after (169.0) was 5 pounds. From my 'down weight' before (172.0) to after (166.5) was 5.5 pounds. An average of 5.25 pounds, considerably more than my normal.

I even went down in weight after the first two Up Days, which was alarming to me. I made a conscious effort to eat more (hello, carrots) my next two Up Days. I would NOT do this to lose weight. It was too uncomfortable.

Even though today is a Down Day, I am expecting to eat more than my standard 420. And to really enjoy it!

Thanks, All, for your support. It is nice to have people cheering you on.

I copied this from the other forum, where I started the challenge. But the grateful sentiments apply here, as well. Thank you for your support and interest, friends. I really appreciate it.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Sounds like a positive experience for you all around. I agree with you wholeheartedly that there is always a silver lining.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow! And congratulations! I admire you greatly, especially since I tried and failed. And congrats on the weight loss also!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Yes I agree! Congratulations & hugs!! I was touched by your saying that a few times you went to bed hungry. There are so many children that go to bed hungry every night. Made me want to dash out & donate to the local food bank. I might just do that this week. With so many now unemployed (& more becoming so) the numbers of people going to bed hungry makes me sad. Your experience has made me so thankful for what we have. So thank you for that. Enjoy your food today!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Almost forgot about my daily log. Here's what I did yesterday:

Up at 5:30

6:30 1/3 pound ground beef, 2 fried eggs

10:15 stir-fry with 2oz ground beef, 1 egg, 1/4 cabbage, 1 carrot, some zucchini, soy sauce

2:30 2C meat-and-veg soup, 1 apple

5:00 2 carrots, 1 hard egg

6:30 pork in green sauce, 2oz cream cheese, 1 zucchini, jello

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 40"
    Sun: 15"
    Pains: 10

Bed at 9:00