Page 301 of 414 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4132

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 301

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you always get twice accomplished what I do, never think of you as a slug.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    When I read what other people do--including YOU-- I feel like a slacker. We need more people posting, "well, sat around and watched tv today, picked up some Kentucky Fried Chicken" to make us feel better about ourselves.

Poured myself a glass of booch (raspberry ginger) and am sipping it. It's lovely.

The dogs romped like maniacs on the bed while I was stripping it and making it up again. This adds a little time, as you may have guessed.

Have come up with my evening routine for my mini-Fly:
    Do Bigs dishes*
    Put day's clothes into the hamper**

And the morning:
    Finish dishes
    Do ten minutes in the hot-spot
    Swish-and-swipe

I am not hung up on clean sinks the way she is, and I DETEST washing dishes in the evening (House rule: no dishes after dark!) but I thought I could try a little dish-washing. And I sort of like doing the dishes in the morning, and getting everything all spic and span as my first act of the day.

*I do my dishes in sections. Bigs are the pots, pans, and, um..the big items. I do those while the water is running to get hot and filling up the sinks. Then there are Utensils, China, Plastics, and Odds(all the odds and ends don't fit in the other categories). And we have a strict stacking protocol: utensils in the sink(all facing the same way of course, everyone knows THAT!), glasses stacked three high along the back wall, china stacked in two groups- plates and bowls, everything else to the left, like with like. if it is organized that way, that equals clean to my mind, and all is well.

**My bedroom floor is my mental equivalent of the sink. If I start tossing stuff there, it's all over. And clothes are the easiest to toss and have begun many a pile. So I'm going to make that supreme effort of OPENING the closet door, and tossing my clothes in the hamper. I have been practicing these past few days, and I'm getting pretty good. The floor has stayed clear.

I do my dishes in the morning as well. DH eats too late for me to even think about getting up and doing them once he finally finishes eating. I do well to put away the leftovers.

I dress next to the hamper, in our walk in closet- the door has to stay open for the light to be on, and it looks out onto a mirror so I can make decisions about what I am wearing as I go. DH fixes the bed in the morning because it is important to him (I like to let the sheets air out, but it is not as vital to me as having it fixed is to him). Our bedroom, bathroom, great room, well all the house except the kitchen and laundry room stay pretty well picked up now. He loves that, I loathe it, it constantly reminds me that my kids are not home any more. Did I mention that DH is a neat freak, I am a clean freak. ie. he likes every thing picked up and in its (well hidden) place, I like the floors and toilets sparkling and disinfected.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    That's the beauty part of the FlyLady way!! It's all about establishing routines that work for you!! Me, I'm pretty much following her way with a few changes. I personally love to clean my kitchen after supper. I don't like waking up to a bunch of dirty dishes. Unless of course I'm not feeling well.

Went back & read the pages when you started the JUDDD. Very interesting. His calculator says I need way to many calories...but I think I will give it a shot. I have already been kinda doing this on occasion. Just happens naturally sometimes, if I'm not very hungry then I'll just eat something for supper. I'm going to see if my library has his book. I am seriously impressed how it has worked for a couple of you girls.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I originally got the book at my library, but there was so much good info that I bought my own copy. I am planning to buy the new edition, too, when it comes out at the end of the year. I will be interested to see if his take on carbohydrates has...evolved.

PC, that is why my BFF and I are such good roomies, she likes to clean the kitchen I prefer to cook. When their house got flooded in our big flood a few years ago, her family (she, her DH, her DD-same age as mine, and their dog) lived with us for almost a month. It was like being on vacation. We played cards every night, her DH was a bartender in a previous life, and between our 2 DD's I never had any chauffeuring to do! We spend a week together at Christmas at the beach every year as well.

Well then I will wait to buy the book when the new edition comes out. My library does not have a copy. But I can probably start it with the info from the website, yes?

Demuralist, I would rather cook than clean too!!! Fortunately I only have to cook for me & hubby...so there's not many dishes, doesn't take me very long.

Yes, the JUDDD website will give you all you need. Or you can look at the JUDDD thread on the lowcarbfriends forum.

Is that on this site or is that it's own site??

Oops! Never mind...I found it!!

Still struggling

I copied this from my other forum.

I went to bed hungry last night, and woke up hungry. I even woke up in the middle of the night, and thought about eating something then.

This is very different for me.

Doing JUDDD, I have been hungry at times. I've even woken hungry on some of my Up Days. But there are big differences.

On my regular-life Up Days, I knew I could eat. And I did. What ever I wanted, as much as I wanted. Not this week. When I woke up at 3:30, wanting to eat, I knew any bite I took would be something else I couldn't have later today. I rolled over, and tried not to think about food until I fell asleep again. (It took a while.) I have not been sleeping as well this week, and I think it is from hunger.

The type of hunger is different as well.

I am used to what I have called TrueHunger on JUDDD and on 3 days fast that I have done previously. (For autophagy, if you are interested.) It comes, makes its presence known, and if I don't eat, disappears after about 15-30 minutes, and tries again a few hours later. The hunger I have been having this week is more of an all the time, nagging ache in my belly. MeanHunger. It does not politely go away and try again. It is poking me all the time. Not really forcefully, but ALL THE TIME. It wears me down.

No wonder people go off diets! I would NEVER do this as a diet to lose weight. I think the only reasons I have kept to this so long is that praying has helped and I am doing it for an emotional reason.

I feel I really do have, even after 6 days, a different understanding and compassion for people living on the food-edge.

Some may think that it is the JUDDDing that is making this so hard. I'd like to stress that JUDDDing with eating what I want, had NEVER made me feel like this. And the amount of food I am having, divided over 7 days, instead of four, is so small I don't even want to contemplate it. I think JUDDD is the only thing that has made it manageable. At least while staying low-carb. I may have had more volume if I added rice and potatoes, but that would have brought up a whole different set of issues, including feeling like crap! And sugar cravings. No thanks. So, I guess I still have choices on SNAP. Just between different difficulties.

Okay, enough talk for now. I still have a day to get through! I'm off for breakfast. Yay!