Page 300 of 418 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 4176

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 300

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started April 1st switching between 4:3 and 5:2 and have lost 20 pounds. And that includes a glitch of 5 weeks (one where I went crazy and gained 9 pounds and the 4 to lose it back!). I like having a set day for my very low calorie days, and marvel that you have stuck to your plan so well, through all sorts of events and parties and such. Congrats.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    I like the health benefits! Maybe I can do this when we get back from vacation. Thanks! From now on, I will try not to ask questions without searching your journal for the answers first. Sorry!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I started April 1st switching between 4:3 and 5:2 and have lost 20 pounds. And that includes a glitch of 5 weeks (one where I went crazy and gained 9 pounds and the 4 to lose it back!). I like having a set day for my very low calorie days, and marvel that you have stuck to your plan so well, through all sorts of events and parties and such. Congrats.
    Congrats on your weight loss, too!
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Being on SNAP is hard. I didn't realize we could afford the GFCF diet for my daughter until I read an article at the TACA (Talk About Curing Autism NOW) website about being GFCF on a budget/food stamps. They have a month-long meal plan, shopping list, etc. And voila. That is the best site I could ever refer parents whose kids have vax injuries to. It took away 66% of my DD's seizures. Grateful is the word.

I will put GayPanda on my list. xo
    I have a girlfriend on Facebook from St. Louis who has a son with autism. He is low functioning. He was born with some issues that required immediate surgery so at birth he was given some vaccines to prevent infections. She said at 4 months you could tell something was wrong with him. She discovered later that he had autism and that it was likely the vax he was given at birth. He is 4 now. She recently put him on a gluten free, dairy free diet (in February, I think) and a heavy metals detoxing protocol. They're getting ready to start a parasite detox as well. He is talking now - not a lot, but he says things. He interacts now. He runs and plays with his siblings now. He's becoming a child and she's so glad, but still so very frustrated b/c it's taking so long to get Tucker back.

If you're interested in connecting with her, she has a page on Facebook called Taking Back Tucker. Tell her Jenn Tyler sent you and she'll likely let you join. I have no clue how hard it is to raise an autistic child, but I get glimpses of it when I talk to Amanda. I wish you luck with your child.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    hhhhmmmm. So maybe I need to investigate this JUDDD further! I will go back to march & read what you've posted. If it's got full blown fasting I wonder if I could do it with my thyroid issues. Not supposed to fast if you have adrenal issues or thyroid troubles. Off to go read (for 15 mins! I'm on a FL break!).
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    ... I will try not to ask questions without searching your journal for the answers first...
    Ask away! 300 pages is a lot to search.

DeMuralist- I love that 4:3 and 5:2 are working for you so well. I think they both indicate that our human bodies(in general) need a more natural situation(not having food available ALL the time).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I have a girlfriend on Facebook from St. Louis who has a son with autism. He is low functioning. He was born with some issues that required immediate surgery so at birth he was given some vaccines to prevent infections. She said at 4 months you could tell something was wrong with him. She discovered later that he had autism and that it was likely the vax he was given at birth. He is 4 now. She recently put him on a gluten free, dairy free diet (in February, I think) and a heavy metals detoxing protocol. They're getting ready to start a parasite detox as well. He is talking now - not a lot, but he says things. He interacts now. He runs and plays with his siblings now. He's becoming a child and she's so glad, but still so very frustrated b/c it's taking so long to get Tucker back.

If you're interested in connecting with her, she has a page on Facebook called Taking Back Tucker. Tell her Jenn Tyler sent you and she'll likely let you join. I have no clue how hard it is to raise an autistic child, but I get glimpses of it when I talk to Amanda. I wish you luck with your child.
    Crying again here. I am so happy that he is making gains and so sad every time I hear/read that his has happened to another child/family. There is a new diagnosis every 11 minutes. It has to stop! We need to go back to the 1986 vaccine schedule and remove all traces of mercury from vaccines and stop giving vaccines containing mercury in the meantime. Mercury is not the only bad thing in vaccines, but it is a known neurotoxin, 2nd only to plutonium in toxicity. Aluminum (also a neurotoxin) is in them too, as is formaldehyde, MSG, eggs, fetal human/animal products, etc.

My daughter started having seizures following a specific vaccine and then later regressed drastically following more vaccines. No warnings from her ped. other than about skipping the pertussis vaccine. No adverse reaction claims made, no info about this given to me. She had met all her milestones and was thriving before. She was also mercury detoxed, much later in life than is preferable and most beneficial, but I pursued it as soon as I got the correct info and she got the right doctor. Your friend and her son are so fortunate to be undergoing these interventions at such an early age. In Spring 2011 my daughter began to be able to tell me when she is going to have a seizure, when she has a tummy ache, verbalize her wants and preferences, smile a lot more, laugh a lot more, and generally be about 10 x happier. She has a quality of life now, though she is severely impaired and will require 1 on 1 assistance 24/7 for the rest of her life.

I am not on FB. I hope she gets lots of support there and IRL. If she wants to communicate, maybe we could figure out another way. Sounds like she is definitely on the right track. Thank you for your kind words.
    48 - 5'7.5"

I just read Mark's post on the Lake Tahoe Primal Con. Wow, it sounds wonderful. Must start saving now!

Four loads of laundry done. Vegetables for tomorrow prepped. And I also know just what I have left for the last day of my SNAP challenge. Not a lot. I have $.94 left over. Maybe I'll splurge on a piece of fruit.

I'm very (forum) chatty today. Don't know why, but I've decided not to stress about the amount of time I am spending perusing and typing, and just enjoy it. I have the luxury of these quiet days at home- I need to revel in them.

Just so you don't think I am a complete slug, I have also swept, taken out the trash, and done half the dishes. Well, maybe a little more than half. Now to go strip the bed.