Page 299 of 416 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4154

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 299

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thank you. I will. Reading on Sunday is one of my favorite things to do. 298 pages of Sabine...
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I have had heartburn since this afternoon.
    This was the first thing to go when I omitted grains from my diet. Such a relief!! I rarely had heartburn until we went gluten free and then it was all day, every day. I am loving not having to buy HB meds anymore.
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

I am up to page 39 and there have been a couple of times tears came to my eyes. I wish I could share with you some things from the past two years. A post by Hanna did the same thing. I will resume in a little while.
    48 - 5'7.5"

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I hope in a good way!

It is a strange experience reading someone's journal all at once. (Have you discovered GayPanda? You will laugh until you cry.) When you said '298 pages of Sabine' I quailed. I can't imagine that much of my musings. But maybe I should go back and reread it, to see how I've changed. I know wineandcandy rereads her journal every year.

I was NOT hungry when I went to bed last night! Yay! Very glad I managed to eat enough. However, I DID wake up hungry again. Grrr. Now, y'all know I can be Hungry. I even have names for it. But this every day visit...it's getting me down.

On the good side, I was up a pound today, as is normal for after an Up Day. This calms my imagination. No cancer nibbling away inside me, just food restriction going on. I can live with that. But I am very anxious for this week to be over. Makes me understand how I have never been able to stick with a 'diet' before. I want to have what I want when I want it.

Added some dip to my food stash yesterday, when I realized it would go bad before I would be able to eat it normally. I feel this is balanced out by some free chips that we got yesterday(not that I'll be eating them, but still) and some soup and carrots that I SHARED. Yes, it is possible to be generous on food stamps. But not with eggs. Four left, and they are all mine!

I think if I were on food stamps I would be ones of those people who wraps up every scrap of anything to save. Like my mother-in-law, who grew up during the Great Depression.

I just took a break to make Littlest's bento box lunch, and was gladdened by the bounty going into it. Blueberries, raspberries, and the last of the kiwiberries. Cheese and sausage roulade. Rice crackers. Seafood salad. Primal granola. Nuts.

Told a (prosperous) friend about my SNAP challenge. She was gob-smacked at having to eat on $4.50 per day. I saw her look down at the cookie she was eating and calculate.

I'm excited that Siobhan is doing it. It will be neat to see it through her eyes, she always has intriguing perspectives on things.

Lots of chores planned for today. I'll try rewarding myself with some forum time in between, to keep me going.

Oh, almost forgot. Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 5:00

6:00 1/2 pound ground beef(less a little for the dogs)
    2 fried eggs
    coleslaw

11:00 creamed spinach and 2 poached eggs

1:00 the last of the coleslaw

5:00 1 cup meat-and-veg soup
    carrots with ranch dip

6:30 the last of the cauli-rice
    2 fried chicken thighs
    the last of the creamed spinach
    jello!

8:00 tea

Water: 13 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Sun: Yes! 15"
    Pains: 10

Bed at 9:00

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I hope in a good way!

It is a strange experience reading someone's journal all at once. (Have you discovered GayPanda? You will laugh until you cry.) When you said '298 pages of Sabine' I quailed. I can't imagine that much of my musings. But maybe I should go back and reread it, to see how I've changed. I know wineandcandy rereads her journal every year.
    Well, more like in a "girl, I have been THERE" kind of way (same thing with something Hanna posted)... the family issues and the weighing more than a man issues. Hurt my heart that someone else felt that way but also felt like my heart was reaching out to you at the same time. I made a 180 over the past 2 years and I wish I could package all of that up and give it away to everyone who needs it. Not the weighing more than a man part. That is still one cold hard truth for me. And then I think (I was thinking this yesterday as I was watering our new trees), that some of this "advice" I am referring to may only be truly received if it is arrived upon on an individual's own path - not in the form of advice from someone. I don't know. I have had a lot of AHA! moments in the form of quotes, so who knows?

Being on SNAP is hard. I didn't realize we could afford the GFCF diet for my daughter until I read an article at the TACA (Talk About Curing Autism NOW) website about being GFCF on a budget/food stamps. They have a month-long meal plan, shopping list, etc. And voila. That is the best site I could ever refer parents whose kids have vax injuries to. It took away 66% of my DD's seizures. Grateful is the word.

I will put GayPanda on my list. xo
    Last edited by MsSmith; 09-30-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    48 - 5'7.5"

Numbers post

Haven't posted numbers in a while, so I thought I'd throw these up. The bolded numbers are my monthly weights since beginning JUDDD, the regular are weekly weights for this past month. All weights are post-Up Day.

202.0 3/5
    195.0 3/30
    188.0 4/27
    185.0 5/25
    181.5 6/30
    176.5 7/28
    174.5 8/25

174.0 9/8
    174.5 9/22
    168.5 9/28

And here are the amounts I have gone down each month:
    7-7-3-3.5-5-2-6

Lots-lots-little-little-lots-little-lots.

No true stall in there, but some slow times. I think it really highlights that you have to hang in there. If I had let 3 pounds discourage me(Oh, no! I've stopped losing!) I would have missed a whole lot of good going on. Luckily, JUDDD seems to have changed my thinking about the scale number. I don't know if I could have used pure willpower to get me through with my old attitude.

Also something to note: At no point have I reached the 2 pounds per week that a lot of people think of as the normal weight to lose per week. And yet, after 7 months, I am down 33.5 pounds. Nothing to sneeze at. I don't care if it is 'slow'.

Also, two more friends noticed my weight loss yesterday. They were impressed. I was (outwardedly) modest, but exulting.
    Last edited by Sabine; 09-30-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Woo-hoo! 33.5 pounds!!!

What is JUDDD?
    48 - 5'7.5"

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine that is just outstanding!!! It gives me such hope!! Because I seem to be one of those slowwwwww losers. And you have accomplished this in a little over 7 months??? I am doing the happy dance for you!! (I need the exercise!! lol). I like looking at the numbers from a monthly perspective too. It seems more realistic.

Big hugs for you girl!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Primalcajun- Happy dancing is the BEST exercise!

MsSmith- JUDDD stands for Johnson's Up Day Down Day diet. It is Alternate Day Fasting.

I stay low-carb primal, and eat whatever I want one day. Then the next day I eat up to 420 calories. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Aside from the weight loss, the best benefit I have seen, is that it is MUCH easier for me to get back on plan after a slip. Instead of a bad meal(recent 'slip' - a large bag of almond m&ms) turning into a bad day/week/month because of a 'screw it' attitude, I get right back to it. This is HUGE for me.

I've taken this as my mantra: I feel good on low-carb primal, and JUDDD helps me STAY on low-carb primal.

It also has health benefits for healing/inflammation reduction/longevity due to activation of SIRT1 in our bodies.

I love it! I started in March 2013, so once you get to that section you'll get all the info.

One load of laundry done, games cleared away from yesterday, dishes underway.