Page 293 of 424 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4233

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 293

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I did it.

And will do it four more times today! YES, I WILL!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I know (now) for sure the things that drive me crazy in my kids are the things that drive me crazy in myself. It took me a very long time to figure it out though.

You are such an adventurous cook, all of your stuff sounds so yummy.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Holy cow, your food sounds good. What time should I arrive?

I was unimpressed with your rain, since I was stuck in it on the plane for what seemed like hours. The folks in our Austin office have a running joke with me. It rains almost every time I go there, so they ask me to come and bring the rain. I did not fail them this time!

Oh! Can you come a week from Monday? That's when we could use some more. Thanks, that would be awesome!

The onion custard-bacon cups are ready now. For the rest, don't arrive until this evening. I'm going to start the cooking AFTER I get the fair prep done. First things first. I'm giving myself until 9:07 to play on the computer, then I must DO STUFF!

Demuralist-the onion custard is a variation of an old German recipe, Zwiebelkuechen (onion cake-but more of a tart). I LOVE it, and am very impressed with myself that I thought of making a bacon crust. These few years I have just not been eating the crust, but this will be some much better. And...they look adorable.

Made sushi for Littlest's lunch yesterday( and Honey's post-work snack). I confess, i always feel like Super-Mom when I send SUSHI to school. I mean, if any packed lunch deserves a gold star, that is it!

Have discovered a new tv series to enjoy on dvd from the library: Leverage. Honey likes it, too, so we'll be watching together. Successfully resisted buying the dvd of Walking Dead, Season 3 at Costco. Guess my willpower (or won'tpower) is getting stronger.

Aggravated by a mailing my congressman sent. I think I need to write him a strongly worded letter. What a doofus. (Okay, he's probably NOT a doofus. But taking credit for something I consider a travesty, should receive some kind of scold. Let him know not ALL his constituents think this is a good idea.)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, I did it.

And will do it four more times today! YES, I WILL!
    Thrilling! and Mysterious.

I think my DH likes Leverage... A lady on the plane recommended a BBC series called "Call the Midwives". If it is on Netflick or Amazon prime, I will see what I think.

I will be going through Dallas on Monday afternoon and back through on Thursday. Of course, an airport stopover is not always a guarantee of rain, but I'll do what I can

Recipe for the onion tart?

Slice massive quantities of onions (I used two for this last small batch, and it made 8 'muffins'. Usually I use about 10 for a baking sheet mega-cake.)

Caramelize in bacon grease or coconut oil over low heat, slowly. Let cool.

Add sour cream (1/2C per 2 onions) and eggs(1 per 2 onions, I used 2 this time, because I want more volume), stir together.

Pour into a prepared pie crust and top with chunks of bacon OR pour into bacon-lined muffin tins.

Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes for muffins or about 45 minutes for pie. Let cool. Serve room-temperature or chilled.

Oh, man. Now I want to have a piece!

And what am I doing, back on the forum, you may well ask? Taking a break. Pricing these bags is tedious! But I have the timer set.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    oh, thanks for that, I searched in Pinterest and there was nothing.

Was going to make it for lunch, until I realized I had no eggs...
    -- Ruth

A very nice Up Day yesterday. I went to my fair (did okay, but not great) and successfully ate ONLY the items I brought for myself. Then went to a party with Honey, and had only the toppings of four slices of pizza(I consider this the perfect primal pizza compromise). No soda, which was easy, (compared to booch, who wants a soda?) no ice cream, which was less easy, but still not hard.

Then home and zonking into bed. Woke up very thirsty this morning. I didn't drink enough yesterday. Ready for an all-liquid-and-lots-of-it Down Day.

Here's the details:

Up at 5:00(not on purpose)

5:45 2 zweibelkuchen cups
    1 low-carb crepe with jam and cream

9:00 salami

11:00 mushroom quiche

12:00 heroin wings with ranch dip
    1 zwiebelkuchen cup

2:30 3 crepes with cream and strawberries

4:00 more heroin wings with ranch
    mushroom quiche
    lara bar

8:00 tops of four slices of pizza

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking: a little here and there
    Pains: 24(down from 33 yesterday, ugh, a bad day)
    Sun: not much, but probably more than I think

Bed at 10:00

After I finish my tea, I'm going to walk the dogs(it is beautifully crisp outside), pick up Littlest from church, then slug around a bit until Honey and i go to see WorldWarZ at the dollar theater.

Oh, and I'm checking my latest batch of booch today, to see if it is ready to bottle. Fingers crossed. If it is, I will have new booch just as I run out of old!