Page 286 of 437 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 4363

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 286

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    this is a normal weekend for us, I always have Monday's off and DH doesn't have Labor Day off, same ole same ole

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    So how are you feeling Sabine? Hope everything is ok.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Update

Our phone and internet service has been out for SEVEN DAYS now. Still trying to get it back.

Grrr.

Everything else going as usual. There will be no attempt at saying in detail how things have gone, because 1) there's just too much, and 2) I get my computer time in hour increments at the library right now. Much of that seems to be spent dealing with business. I can't wait to have FUN time on the computer again.

Talk to y'all later.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Can't wait til you're back with us again. Sorry for the troubles you're having. Why so many issues with your phone/internet? Can you switch providers? I know some cities only have one option (like the one I live in), but others have more. Good luck.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Make sure that once you get it back on you ask the provider to credit your account for the days they did not provide service-they will do it if you push it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Bummer. Hope to have you back soon.

Sorry for the troubles Sabine. It's always something isn't it? I was out of Internet one time for like several weeks... I was a lost duck! lol. Fortunately now with the iPad at least I can half way stay in touch with the world!! My mom got me the iPad for Christmas this past year. Best. Gift. Ever. !! 😀

Take care & I look forward to when you come back!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Notes from the library

I'm feeling slender today. I KNOW I am not. I am still 20 pounds overweight. But I think my brain is starting to catch up with my weight loss. I am down almost 30 pounds, after all.

It feels good.

I just have to watch the strutting!

Also, my cute fish capris are getting baggy(Honey noticed yesterday, so it is official) and I need to find a pair of size 14 jeans at the thrift store, since my 16s are getting too loose. Yes, yes, life is rough!

Most of my computer time at the library is being spent transferring my email and files, getting ready to leave this old ISP behind. They have roused my ire, and there is no going back. I am really looking forward to being able to look things up at will once we get our internet/phone back.

I did a total fast yesterday (only water). It was a Down Day, but the drop from 420 calories to zero was to take part in the Pope's call for fasting for peace in Syria. I am not exactly of the same mind as the Pope. I changed my intention to 'peace AND justice in Syria, however that may need to come about'. But, it was an interesting experience fasting 'for a reason'. I made the decision to say a prayer for Syria every time I felt hunger pangs. It DID change my perception of the hunger.

I've been doing some EFT(tapping) for various issues. I'll report in after I have been doing it for a few weeks.

This last batch of kombucha is taking longer than usual. I think my kitchen is cooler than it has been, and that is slowing things down. I tested it yesterday, and it was still sweet, not tart. This is distressing, since I am OUT OF BOOCH! And I am trying to feed us out of supplies on hand this month(getting Middlest off to college was a doozy. I better start saving now for Littlest.) which means NO BUYING UNESSENTIALS. And let's face it, booch is not essential, much as I like to tell myself it is. By the way...booch, booch, booch! I love calling kombucha that(thanks, Siobhan.) Honey loves it, too. Makes us feel like moonshiners.

Oh, news on the dog front: Salem has a tumor from an allergic reaction to an insect bite AND a broken tooth. Poor girl is going in for double surgery. We will feed her the dog equivalent of ice cream when she gets home. (Yes, that IS essential!)

Sabine, strutting is good exercise...so strut it girl!! lol. Wow...only 20 lbs to your goal! I'm excited for you! You're an inspiration!! There's hope for me yet!! lol

I too ditched an ISP a couple of years ago. It was slow as molasses in January...& since we had a limit I was forever busting it & then wouldn't have it for a while...unless I paid extra of course. When something else became available I jumped on it & have been happier ever since.

Good to see you check in!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Man, it's always something! now the dog. Oy.

I have yet to try kombucha. I'm scared of it for some reason. I am also only about 20 lbs away from my goal weight. I'm going to aim for 150 and re-evaluate where I think I need to be once I get there. My original goal was 140, but maybe 150 will be good enough? Will see.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)