Page 285 of 424 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4233

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 285

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OH my goodness! Sabine, Pedidoc and Pebbles! Its an epidemic!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It's TOMI'S fault!

I have plenty of anti-diarrheal meds............. I'm happy to share!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Because fiber is binding it can often help relieve diarrhea (I have IBD). I know that most people think that fiber makes you go, but in actuality it binds with fluids in the intestines so if you are constipated it is the opposite of what you want to ingest, but if your movements are loose it is what you are looking for. I know this is unlikely to help toni who must have some other issue and has likely already tried it, but for the short termers it might help.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Hello, Regular Life!

I got up at 5:30 this morning, made Littlest's lunch in a relaxed fashion, and got her off to school.

My plan for today:

REST!

Details- Three small protein shakes, kombucha, and a green smoothie. Lay around on the sofa with the dogs, sewing, and watching season 5 of 'Fringe'. A back-rub and leisurely sex before sleep.

We are passing on any kind of Labor Day event or barbequing. We just want to chill. And Honey said, 'I want a few days where I just don't have to eat so much!'

I was doing my weight workout at the gym last night, with a headache, and NOT feeling enthusiastic. Decide to stop. Sat on the bench, watching a lady on the bike machine. She's trundling away in her street clothes. Maybe not sweating up a storm, but doing SOMETHING. So I got off my butt and finished my set. Curses. These good inspirations. They just insist on sneaking up on you, getting in your face, and not letting you slug around.

I was going to inch my leg weight up a little, but Honey convinced me to go for a 30-pound jump. I did it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! I love how much progress that can be made on legs.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Because fiber is binding it can often help relieve diarrhea (I have IBD). I know that most people think that fiber makes you go, but in actuality it binds with fluids in the intestines so if you are constipated it is the opposite of what you want to ingest, but if your movements are loose it is what you are looking for. I know this is unlikely to help toni who must have some other issue and has likely already tried it, but for the short termers it might help.
    Actually I never have tried adding a fiber supplement. Like you said - I have always feared it would make the problem worse. But I have been investigating the topic. If my issue stems from fructose malabsorption and I need to drastically limit the amount of veggies and fruits in my diet - then I should strongly consider replacing fiber with a supplement - since fiber is associated with so many positive things .................. lower cholesterol and weight loss.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Actually I never have tried adding a fiber supplement. Like you said - I have always feared it would make the problem worse. But I have been investigating the topic. If my issue stems from fructose malabsorption and I need to drastically limit the amount of veggies and fruits in my diet - then I should strongly consider replacing fiber with a supplement - since fiber is associated with so many positive things .................. lower cholesterol and weight loss.
    Well, rats, I cannot find the study, but it was all about using fiber to treat diarrhea as opposed to constipation. It may not matter why the movements are loose, essentially fiber sucks up fluid in the intestines, thus tightening things up.

Gosh so sorry Sabine for high jacking your thread with such a disgusting discussion, after you listed such a lovely day's worth of activities.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ahem. All of reading about diarrhea, and what happens to me yesterday (a traveling day)? Yay. Internet virus.

WTG on the legs. That's my favorite workout. I'm super duper strong in my legs.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Internet virus.
    haha sorry, but that struck me as funny.

I hope everyone's feeling better today.

Sabine, we aren't doing much for Labor day either. Just hanging out with family.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)